Gravel threads & a kicked in kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
​I received this unit in the mail yesterday. Before I post my already composed side of the issue(s), look @ these images of what I received & tell me what you see & why are such things being seen & sent out to me. I do not want to discuss returns or refunds, YET.

I want your honest & true reaction & words. Look @ the following images... maybe sit & study them..., then post your description of what is WRONG in the images & how/why I ended up with such unit(s).

I let you know now, your complete honesty is going to be attempted to be judged by way of your words to thus assist & temper my pre written rough draft response to... what seems almost obvious to me & I am a new to battery mods, kicks, & ecigs, I simply used my common sense & simple logic.

MISTer E is not hap E & is he real E SAFE?, HINT!

Be honest, I strongly feel & smell that this legacy/kick combo that you sent me, must have quite a long story...

xokd5.png

Mr9jG.jpg

V5tF9.jpg

White stuff is only from a towel & done by me.

Rz7Zl.jpg

rH9To.jpg

d4FyF.jpg

w5mP1.jpg

4RIQY.png

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Your new here so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. We don't do things like this around here. We understand that in business sometimes things fall thru the cracks. WTS, we generally give the manufacturer/vendor the chance to make good on these few and far between mishaps. We don't go out of our way to drag a reputable, responsible vendors name thru the mud.
The time you spent preparing this little bash session could of been better spent contacting the company to get your issue resolved.

PMkwalka
Your new here so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Take your rank, it stinks.

We don't do things like this around here.
I am part of "around here" as I am a member of ECF & this is how I do it.

We understand that in business sometimes things fall thru the cracks.

You are a you & not a we. This is much bigger than the poor mangled threads or clearly obvious used kick sold as new. SAFETY to the ECF community may be involved!

I do not wish for your involvement anymore. Do so @ your discretion knowing that I now see you as a bully toward my membership here & my way of doing things.

WTS, we generally give the manufacturer/vendor the chance to make good on these few and far between mishaps.
Keep your we, I see you as 1 individual attempting (weakly I might add) to seem bigger than a single person butting in with no real input about my issues, other than to try like a bully to tell me how & where to handle them.

I am patiently waiting for a response (I am in no rush & I do not want a rushed response from them) & giving a chance before giving my full response of complaint.

We don't go out of our way to drag a reputable, responsible vendors name thru the mud.
My post did all that?(no answer wanted) It dragged them thru the mud?(no answer needed) it may get muddier.

The time you spent preparing this little bash session could of been better spent contacting the company to get your issue resolved.
This subforum is here to deal with the vendors. You may want to read the top of the subforum:
"These forums are run by Suppliers whose customer service standards we monitor carefully.
Please note that ECF does not moderate these forums (unless asked) - they are moderated by their own staff.
"
"Suppliers whose customer service standards we monitor carefully" = (to me) if I did this behind the scene & every one did so as you seem to be asking that = quality, safety, & customer service type problems stay hidden longer. (as I read the vendor forum quote)These forums allow ECF to monitored(members & mods) if need be. I wanted to have oversight available on my issue that may involve more than me. (I have not asked them to monitor & hope not to need to.)

I ask you: "Please do not post in this thread again. Thank you

NOTE:If you are an employee of puresmoker llc, disregard my pleas for you to not post in this thread.

Do as you freely wish. You pressed the buttons that bullied an upset consumer of this vendors product. If I was them I would ask you to .... out too, as you are not helping.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I can definitely understand you being upset. You were excited to get a top notch device and got that instead. Sometimes things fall thru the cracks. I deal with a large worldwide manufacturer thru my work and 99 times out of a hundred their equipment works fine but every once in a while something doesn't. I would contact Steve and give him a chance to make this right. In the end isn't it most important that you get what you paid for? I would guess that he will take care of you.

Uma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2010
    Calif
    It looks to me like both the battery holder and kick were previously used. Did some employee sneak theirs in the pkg and grabb a new set for themselves, with no one being the wiser because no inventory went missing?
    I'm sure the Vendors will like to get this issue taken care of immediately, not only for the sake of their customers, but for the sake of their own business.
    This just really sux. :(

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 12, 2008
    USA
    Hey Mister E

If you haven't done so already, shoot us an email (info@puresmoker.com)

All of our KICK's come with the band entirely intact. I could understand it getting tossed around in shipment, but we NEVER sell used devices unless its specified.

Returns/Refurbs/etc... get sold every 3-4 months when we have a few. We discount them and put them up entirely seperate from new devices.

Shoot us an email and we'll take care of it :)

That was not an answer. That was an attempt to shove me behind the scene.
    (where you have all the power.(20% restocking fee lol no phone contact.)

The legacy unit was inside bubble wrap with no velvet bag. I guess you ran out of those along with the delrin spring thingies.
    (Economic times are rough for many businesses these day.)

You apparently could not bring yourself to publicly apologize for the hanging & dangling threadwork filled with steel particles.
    (No need to now.)

I do not want my money back. (I would rather do reviews.)

It seems the extension was turned quickly & sloppily. A long hanging thread(my first posts first image) & lots of grinding steel particles(I assume from the absent minded threadworking &/or sandblasting & a poor hurried clean up & ship out rush job.) had spread throughout the entire unit in shipping.

This large purchase consumers heart sank @ the loud grinding sound of the threads. I was mad, sad, & suspicious but eventually said to myself. If puresmoker can deal with my issues publicly in front of ECF, I can respect them & thus trust them again. Your post only mentioned the kick (mainly a defensive denial(it was not us.). It did not address the hanging thread or rough non smooth ones I posted.

Additionally from the image below (taken after a mere 2 hours of use) I better give it another finger feel test for rough burrs, as I see bits of red... looks like chards of battery shell... maybe more hanging unchecked threads... or rough sharp edges... SAD tooling skidding slippage marks.
    1wEji.jpg

"All of our KICK's come with the band entirely intact. I could understand it getting tossed around in shipment, but we NEVER sell used devices unless its specified.

Returns/Refurbs/etc... get sold every 3-4 months when we have a few. We discount them and put them up entirely seperate from new devices."

Is that supposed to comfort a upset concerned customer that spent was sent defectively machined & partially questionable merchandise & spent almost $200? It does not.

Maybe a quick test was done in its lifetime. I did not say the kick was opened by puresmoker & my image of the broken seal is how I got it. I only posted what I received. It was not loose in its box & it was safely & tightly wedged in its foam too.)I doubt it was used(thanks to my own deductions), as I tested to make sure it worked for about 2 hrs & got some shiny brighter metal contact marks. They tell me, if the kick unit had been used, it was likely a while ago. I doubt now that it was. Your answer was no apology & only a denial(indicating a weak business).

I WAS very worried as I see a heatstress/crack/dent/separation in the metal on the bottom of the kick. My mind raced suspiciously with worse case scenarios. I simply suspect NOW with no help from you, that it is likely a manufacturing flaw along with the broken tape seal. I shall ask evolv & tell them the some other concerns about the combo.

I shall keep my purchases complete with thread wackery(I made functional).(Do not send me a velvet bag or another extension that is made correctly. You lost your chance to keep me happy.)

Avoiding answering my Q, especially not addressing the tooling stuff that is directly tied to your machine work, made mE an unhappy fearful of future ties consumer. The customer is not always right or wrong, he/she is simply the telephone to future sales & its best to not piss them off. This was a serious multiple mistake customer that spent lots of money & you got defensive before hearing my legit complaints & concerns.

I hope you enjoy the bad reviews...

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    That was not an answer. That was an attempt to shove me behind the scene.
    (where you have all the power.(20% restocking fee lol no phone contact.)

The legacy unit was inside bubble wrap with no velvet bag. I guess you ran out of those along with the delrin spring thingies.
    (Economic times are rough for many businesses these day.)

You apparently could not bring yourself to publicly apologize for the hanging & dangling threadwork filled with steel particles.
    (No need to now.)

I do not want my money back. (I would rather do reviews.)
    It seems the extension was turned quickly & sloppily. A long hanging thread(my first posts first image) & lots of grinding steel particles(I assume from the absent minded threadworking &/or sandblasting & a poor hurried clean up & ship out rush job.) had spread throughout the entire unit in shipping.

This large purchase consumers heart sank @ the loud grinding sound of the threads. I was mad, sad, & suspicious but eventually said to myself. If puresmoker can deal with my issues publicly in front of ECF, I can respect them & thus trust them again. Your post only mentioned the kick (mainly a defensive denial(it was not us.). It did not address the hanging thread or rough non smooth ones I posted.

Additionally from the image below (taken after a mere 2 hours of use) I better give it another finger feel test for rough burrs, as I see bits of red... looks like chards of battery shell... maybe more hanging unchecked threads... or rough sharp edges... SAD tooling skidding slippage marks.
    1wEji.jpg

Is that supposed to comfort a upset concerned customer that spent was sent defectively machined & partially questionable merchandise & spent almost $200? It does not.

Maybe a quick test was done in its lifetime. I did not say the kick was opened by puresmoker & my image of the broken seal is how I got it. I only posted what I received. It was not loose in its box & it was safely & tightly wedged in its foam too.)I doubt it was used(thanks to my own deductions), as I tested to make sure it worked for about 2 hrs & got some shiny brighter metal contact marks. They tell me, if the kick unit had been used, it was likely a while ago. I doubt now that it was. Your answer was no apology & only a denial(indicating a weak business).

I WAS very worried as I see a heatstress/crack/dent/separation in the metal on the bottom of the kick. My mind raced suspiciously with worse case scenarios. I simply suspect NOW with no help from you, that it is likely a manufacturing flaw along with the broken tape seal. I shall ask evolv & tell them the some other concerns about the combo.

I shall keep my purchases complete with thread wackery(I made functional).(Do not send me a velvet bag or another extension that is made correctly. You lost your chance to keep me happy.)

Avoiding answering my Q, especially not addressing the tooling stuff that is directly tied to your machine work, made mE an unhappy fearful of future ties consumer. The customer is not always right or wrong, he/she is simply the telephone to future sales & its best to not piss them off. This was a serious multiple mistake customer that spent lots of money & you got defensive before hearing my legit complaints & concerns.

I hope you enjoy the bad reviews...
    Unreal! In 3+ years time here I have never read anything quite like this! I would shove this entire thread "Behind the scenes" if I were the moderator. I think Steve was more than sincere with his reply,without going on the defensive as you implied. I've been dealing with PS for almost 4 years now and have never had a problem that wasn't worked out.

You were patient enough to pen this thread.........be patient now to get your refund and move along!

:)Wiz!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread