Lagacy and kick lowered my vaper and throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

katnbrian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Louisiana
I just received my Legacy and kick. I tried it with rcr123a bats = 6V and it works great (just like my wife's) I put the kick in and nothing. Finally after messing with it and wondering what the heck was wrong, I finally realized the button needed some washers so thats fixed. Now the kick is working with the 18490 3.7`s but I have it cranked all the way to 10 and it is giving less vapor and less throat hit. Am I doing something wrong? I have tried it on dual coil tank and regular Joytech 2.5 atti any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

JParadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Jersey (via Bklyn)
Kick is only supposed to be used with IMR batteries: Kick instructions

Edit: sorry my bad I see you switched to the IMR. Not sure why you are having that experience unless you were vaping over 10 watts before. I have mine cranked down to 8.5ish and all my heads are hitting harder then they were before and working perfectly.

Last edited:

JParadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Jersey (via Bklyn)
My wifes stacked rcr123a bats hit good. I would have to say my 18490 3.7`s are about half that at 10 (all the way turned to the right) I have to do a multi draw to b happy with it whereas hers I can do a single draw and be more then happy with it.

What atty were you using at 6 volts? Any head under 3.5 ohms was giving you a lot more than 10 watts. At 3.5 ohms you would have been at 10.28 watts which is already over the output on a kick. If you were for example using a 2.5ohm atty at 6 volts you were rocking 14.4 watts. The kick also doesn't like dual coils.

Personally I am very happy at 8.5 watts and cannot imagine vaping over 10 watts without blowing my head off. But if you are used to high voltage vaping, the kick may not be for you.

katnbrian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Louisiana
I have a single coil 3.0 carto and tank in right now. I had a 2.5 carto+ tank dual coil in and I tried a regular2.5 Joy atti. They all act pretty much the same. I figured I would be someplace around 8-8.5 also. Down at the lower settings it is like smoking a BLU that we started out on. I thought with this Kick I should be making more vapor then morning fog and choking from the throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread