Grain Alcohol and TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan777

May 7, 2012
new jersey
Hey guys,

I do not use much nicotine anymore as I found I enjoy the act of smoking more then the nicotine. I went from smoking full strength cigarets to vaping 1mg juice that I make myself. My only issue is lack of a good Throat Hit. I used 10% grain alcohol but still the throat hit isn't there. I notice with the grain alcohol the clearomizer I am using makes a popping sound when drawing from it. I am assuming it is the alcohol that is causing this. So if I add more would it blow up in my face? Not literally but could it cause damage to my device or lungs?

I desperately want that throat hit but do not want to add nicotine. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Another reason I do not want to add nicotine is because I do not know when to stop vaping. A regular cig I am finished when there is no more cigarete left. But I can not tell when to stop with these. Also, I like having low to no nicotine because I can pretty much vape as long as I like without over dosing on Nicotine.

The mix I am using now is pretty close to what I am looking for but not quite there. I took a 30ML bottle and filled it half way with 0 Nic PG RY4...25% with 1mg VG base and the other 25% with 50/50 PG VG 1 mg juice. Then added 3ML of Pure Grain Alcohol and dissolved a bunch of menthol crystals in with it.

Any help would be great.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
You should think about what you are vaping off of. What type of battery. What Voltage. Resistance of the cartomizer or atomizers. 6-8 watts I find is optimal. Maybe try an ego battery and a 2.0 ohm cartomizer (Joye, Boge or Smoktech). If you can afford one get a Mod.

Throat hit is more about the equipment than the juice. Watch some Grimmgreen Youtube videos and you will learn a lot.

A good listing of mods is available at: Battery Tube e-Cig Mods | e-Cigarette Mods Database

or : Electronic Cigarette Guide | e-Cigs, e-Liquid, mods and more

May also want to check out: Vaping Guides to the Electronic Cigarette for a good education.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
What is the strength of the PGA you're using. You should be using 100% PGA, Everclear. Lower proof PGA will contain water and that can boil off. Don't use more than 10% PGA though. Also, use the maximum % of PG you can. Use 100%PG if you don't mind a little less vapor.

There are special additives to increase throat hit. Some contain some amount of capsican (sp?), basically a form of pepper juice, like they use in pepper spray. It's an extrememly low concentration, so don't worry, it's not dangerous. I don't use it, so I can't tell you what website sells it. When you get to 5 posts, you can ask in the DIY section and you'll get an answer pretty quick.

If you're using 3.4-3.7V and 1.5-2.5ohms, it's highly unlikely your equipment is inadequate. Regardless of what anyone says, throat hit is from nicotine, not equipment. It's not uncommon for people to mistake heat for throat hit. I think that's the source of confusion about this. Poor equipment can mute the throat hit, as can too much VG, but even the best equipment can't create it if it isn't there in the first place.

BTW, the "T" of the eGo-T is kind of notorious for muting flavors. I don't know about the Revolver, but if it tastes the same, it might have the same muting effect. You might want to try a regular carto or atty on the Ego. I would never test a juice I made on an ego tank system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread