Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
GP SPHEROID rba

DECEMBER 2011

SPHEROID project began in Athens.

MARCH 2012

test SPHEROID GP beta 01 2.2Resistance 015Wire 3.7Volt on Vimeo
test SPHEROID GP beta 01 1.9Resistance 017Wire 3.8Volt on Vimeo

The form of the prototype Spheroid, our first atomizer below.

IMG_0436.jpg

APRIL 2012
Spheroid Beta01 had brass 510 connection, it was ok for a week, but finally the 510 connection broke, then followed the beta02 full SS which became unbreakable, new internal shape changes for better taste, we are finally satisfied with its throat-hit and taste. Now beta03 the last version, is in the CNC for some modifications to its external shape and a few small details in general.

Photo of Beta01 with brass 510 connection, now it is SS.

JUNE 2012

Spheroid v1 is now complete after 4 months of testing, 6 months after its creation and 5 internal changes.

GP Spheroid SS v1 on Vimeo

The direction of the airflow, the diameter and the position of the airflow, the small chamber, the quantity of the inhaling vapour, etc were the parameters that occupied us in achieving a wick type aty with one wire, without ceramic, average capacity, one having rich taste with strong throat hit, small dimensions and simple setup. We believe we did it. Its feeding system works so well that you won't take a burned taste even with a very low resistance, if the set up has been done properly. Its suction system gives a signal of weak taste for about 10 draws, before it runs out completely of liquid.

The vapour production and the throat hit depends on how low or high you have put the resistance wire. Low position gives more vapour and strong throw heat. High position gives less vapour and extreme throat hit.

OCTOBER 2012

GP Spheroid v2

Updated materials (SS 316, PEEK plastic insulators), increased machining precision (CNC with latest technology tools like electrodynamic drilling, better threading) and a new logo.

GP Spheroid Animation

spheroid_2small.jpg

JANUARY 2014

We are developing the GP Spheroid v3, no ETA yet.

Last edited:

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Spheroids are definitely tighter draw. But you get to notice that distinctively only when coming back from vaping a K'fun type overtly loose drawn atty. Vaping at a stretch I find my Spheroids perfect... I've no issues with them... nothing seriously need changing. Heck, I've not even fetched their v3 (or whatever they are called) kits! Thumb nuts go well with me ;)

However, if something needs to be done, not warranted - but if Perseas has to, then I'm with idaho and would like to see the following changes on the Spheroid:
1. Terminal posts with a 'hole' to insert the coil ends,
2. Airhole in the side of the base, and not on the 510 post,
3. Adjustable +ve pin at the 510 end,
4. An optional PMMA tank tube (as Kir Fanis makes),
5. Optional SS tubes with 'SPHEROID' etched/engraved.
6. A stubby Driptip especially made for the Spheroid (like the Zalaros of Kir Fanis, but with 'GP' etched).
--------------------------------------------
What I don't want to see changing: The "dome shaped" top. It should never go IMHO. B'coz this makes the Spheroid distinct. I love it and thus also wanted this bell-top on the Heron.
--------------------------------------------
I don't think an AFC would be possible without marring the form factor. Remember the spheroid is essentially designed for the Piccolo, a 16mm device. Adding a ring over it would at least take it to 17mm, and we wouldn't want the deck size to reduce.

1. Many people will disagree with that option, not everybody has Qorax's eyesight.
2. That will affect the thickness of the atomizer, because an AFC will be needed there, we shall think about it though.
3. We are working on this.
4. Hmm, are you sure you want to see your fluff?
5. The space is limited and any engraving of a word would make it visually distracting in my opinion.
6. Under consideration.

Silverdove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Il, USA
Could anyone tell me what I may be doning wrong with mine. It is fantastic but at times it will pop like shooting a spark. Abit new to making coils what should I be looking for that is causing this. Not seeing any wires too close to each other. Using 32 gage, can't remember how many winds thinking 4 around a 4-40 screw. with 2 strands of SnC yarn.

While I'm at it a ? on the V3 change over kit. Are we supposed to use everything in the bag? Or are the other pieces for extra stuffs. Any vids. out there for changing it over. Haven't tried it yet. Thanks

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Could anyone tell me what I may be doning wrong with mine. It is fantastic but at times it will pop like shooting a spark. Abit new to making coils what should I be looking for that is causing this. Not seeing any wires too close to each other. Using 32 gage, can't remember how many winds thinking 4 around a 4-40 screw. with 2 strands of SnC yarn.

While I'm at it a ? on the V3 change over kit. Are we supposed to use everything in the bag? Or are the other pieces for extra stuffs. Any vids. out there for changing it over. Haven't tried it yet. Thanks

Take a look here and you'll find all kinds of setups with pictorials, instructions and videos.

perhol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Bagsværd, Copenhagen, Denmark
I own 2 Spheroids v. 2.
I have a hard time imagining how you can improve it.
But we'll probably see something surprisingly new. Something to look forward to.
But I'll definitely need a new Piccolo when I get 2 pcs. Heron to my 2 Paps. I own after all 2 Spheroid.
If only Heron is just as good as Spheroid I end up with a small Vapourt family of divine quality consisting of 2 Piccolo with Spheroid and 2 Paps with Heron = 1 happy Dane!
Did I mention that I would like soon to see that you get Heron ready for sale?

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
1. Many people will disagree with that option, not everybody has Qorax's eyesight.
2. That will affect the thickness of the atomizer, because an AFC will be needed there, we shall think about it though.
5. The space is limited and any engraving of a word would make it visually distracting in my opinion.
6. Under consideration.

1. That's my problem. I need 3 pairs of glasses to thread ANYthing. :lol:
3. And 6. :thumbs:

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
6. Under consideration.

Nice P. Smooth atty for those of us that suffer from ocd. With any proposed change, especially if too many variables to consider, it seems a new atomizer would be prudent. Many of us have loved them groom the beginning and some are now being introduced to the Spheroid as you will see show up here.
Full air is like sub ohms to me...it comes and goes.
Your the boss though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread