Gourmet Vapor (regular flavor or double flavor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Hey guys, I'm just wondering (I know it's based on preference) but I'd like to know opinions from those who order from Gourmet Vapor. Do you order with regular or double flavor? With a 15ml bottle, double flavor adds $2.50 to the price. That might not sound like much to most, but I'm a poor college student.

In general, I like a lot of flavor in my juices, so I'm inclined to order double flavor, but is it necessary with this vendor?

Specifically, I'm ordering Smoove Wintergreen. I will be ordering my usual 70/30% PG/VG blend.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Last edited:

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
I always order triple flavor because my juice is always 50/50 and with 50% VG I need the extra flavoring to really taste the juice. Given your mixture double flavor may do the job. Best way to find out is to order 2 5ml bottles of the same flavor one regular and one double and let your taste buds decide what it likes. Not a very expensive test to find what you want. Good Luck.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I always order triple flavor because my juice is always 50/50 and with 50% VG I need the extra flavoring to really taste the juice. Given your mixture double flavor may do the job. Best way to find out is to order 2 5ml bottles of the same flavor one regular and one double and let your taste buds decide what it likes. Not a very expensive test to find what you want. Good Luck.

The sample testing is a good idea. Thanks! So what are some of your favorite flavors from GV?

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I usually order double flavor. I just started vaping but have ordered a few from Gourmet Vapor. The white russian is very good. I've also got the banana twinkie, watermelon jolly rancher, and grape fizz. The banana is best of the 3 fruity flavors I ordered. The watermelon is good, but I don't get much flavor from the grape fizz. I ordered at 18mg nic and 80/20 pg/vg. The banana has a medium throat hit, the watermelon and grape don't have much at all.

edit: TYPOS! what is a watermelong?

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Hey guys, I'm just wondering (I know it's based on preference) but I'd like to know opinions from those who order from Gourmet Vapor. Do you order with regular or double flavor? With a 15ml bottle, double flavor adds $2.50 to the price. That might not sound like much to most, but I'm a poor college student.

In general, I like a lot of flavor in my juices, so I'm inclined to order double flavor, but is it necessary with this vendor?

Specifically, I'm ordering Smoove Wintergreen. I will be ordering my usual 70/30% PG/VG blend.

Thanks for your help everyone!

I usually order double flavored anything if there's an option. Don't really like weak flavored juice myself most of the time. IMO, if you really wanna try Gourmet Vapor than you should wait for one of their sales. Which is pretty often (just passed up on one just a few weeks ago). If you "like" their facebook page then it'll be easy for you to find out when they have a sale.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
I believe their on a sale now, code is like (vapecon) I think. sorry, not much help on that but what I usually do with gaurmetvapor is buy a bunch of the 5ml bottles in different strengths and flavors when they have their 50% off sales, to see what I like.

That's what I did on August 13 for my first Gourmet Vapor order. I ordered 20 different juices of 5ml each (all double flavor, 24mg, 80/20 PG/VG). On August 24 they shipped my order... obviously they were inundated with orders due to their sale (which I thought ended on the 26th). So it should arrive tomorrow, Monday, and it has been TORTUROUS waiting for my order to arrive.

IPBB's... I'll bookmark this thread and post once I've received those juices. I've only had regular flavor-strength juices to date in my eGo-T type-B, so if the double-flavor makes a difference, I'll certainly notice (the ego tanks being well known for diminishing flavor slightly, compared to dripping). I also read that you shouldn't order triple-flavor unless you intend to dilute the liquid, but that's just going by their statements and not user experience.

:: goes back to sitting by mailbox ::

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
IPBB's... I'll bookmark this thread and post once I've received those juices. I've only had regular flavor-strength juices to date in my eGo-T type-B, so if the double-flavor makes a difference, I'll certainly notice (the ego tanks being well known for diminishing flavor slightly, compared to dripping). I also read that you shouldn't order triple-flavor unless you intend to dilute the liquid, but that's just going by their statements and not user experience.

Thanks. I appreciate that!

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
I order Banannas Foster, Pina Colado, Peppermint, Tabacco/Menthol, Cinnabun, Mimosa, Spearmint, just some of my favorites from GV.

How is the Bananas Foster? I'm planning to order that from Velvet Vapors. Have you had theirs too? And with the Cinnabun, do you get the doughy and icing flavor? Is the cinnamon overpowering? Thanks!

BTW, I general like my dessert flavors to be more on the rich and heavy side (think BWB Waffle), rather than more airy and fruity, just so you can gauge my tastes.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
How is the Bananas Foster? I'm planning to order that from Velvet Vapors. Have you had theirs too? And with the Cinnabun, do you get the doughy and icing flavor? Is the cinnamon overpowering? Thanks!

BTW, I general like my dessert flavors to be more on the rich and heavy side (think BWB Waffle), rather than more airy and fruity, just so you can gauge my tastes.
Their Bananas Foster is very good. I mix the Cinnabun with some Peppermint(to taste) and it tastes great. Remember that I use triple flavor.

OrthodoxAtheist

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Redlands, CA
I got a package in the mail today. :D

FC6ku.jpg

My initial reaction is... either there is something wrong with me, or these need steeping. They all smell quite authentic. The NEW wintermint smells divine, and I tried the Butterscotch and Chocolate Orange... both good but a little weak... not my definition of "double flavor". Considering their reputation, I'm sure its a matter of steeping. I would however recommend flavor addicts go with triple flavor. I haven't tried the 'very cherry' flavor yet, but the smell is very strong. Once I have an empty tank, I'll give it a try. :D Too many juices! My favorite complaint. I've had just two juices in the past 2 weeks so I've been desperate for these to arrive.

Disclaimer: I'm a habanero and english mustard fan... I don't do weak flavors. I like to be punched in the face by juices. :D I then tried the Menthol Supreme, since I used to smoke menthols, and it has quite a unique twist to it... almost creamy, with perhaps a touch of peppermint... very nice, but I'm more of a "Fox's Glacier Mints" menthol guy. The Rockstar Vapor menthol, in my opinion, is as near to flawless in that regard as I can imagine. It even made my atty pop and crack like new, and removes cinnamon flavor in about two minutes. Still, I wouldn't disregard this menthol... it is very vapable, and certainly good enough for an ADV.

Once I've tried them all, and steeped and tried again, I'll post 20 time-respected reviews. This is just a knee-jerk response focused on whether I'd advice double or triple flavor. My next order will be all triple flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread