Got my Bloog MaxxFusion today!! (and some noob talk/impressions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I gotta say THANKS to everyone in the vape community. Between the forums, YouTube vids etc I got so much helpful information. You guys/girls really rock!

My background first: TOTAL noob. NEVER used an ecig, still get confused by all the 510/808/mod talk but starting to catching on :p Basically never looked in to it before this past weekend. I'm 38 years old and have smoked a solid pack a day (usually a couple butts more here and there) for so long I can't remember when I started. It's been a long time. I remember hiding out in school puffing away because it was cool (at least we thought so) and quit cuz back then I thought it was gross but have been smoking solid a little after high school maybe? With some off/on quitting here and there. Anyway it's been a LONG damn time. Too long if you ask me.

So I ordered a Bloog MaxxFusion 78mm battery, some cartos (menthol, cherry, chocolate) and charger. They were out of stock on the minis (65mm) and PPC when I ordered but since then have ordered those as well. Along with all that I ordered a Prodigy V3.1 full kit and well with my ADHD and OCD kicked in and got a bunch of juice and other bells and whistles (chargers, batteries, tips, etc etc. I'm sure you've all been there haha). Initial investment maybe $300 total. (but I have enough stuff to keep me going for a LONG time) Yeah prob a little crazy to start with but I get that way when I find something new. Plus if it kicks the butts, can you really put a price tag in your long term health, everything bad associated with butts and compared to what I've spent last month alone on butts it's a bargain!!

Now on to a first impression.

FedEx just got here about 30 mins ago. Of course I rip through the box like a kid on Xmas (again 1 78mm battery, charger, three flavors in 5 packs of cartos) and screw on a carto. This wasn't charged other then what the factory had charged in the battery but I couldn't wait!! Had to try it. I screw on a menthol 16mg (I smoked Kools about a pack a day). First toot blew my mind!! I couldn't believe there is actually TH to these things. And WOW I can actually feel it. For some reason I thought this was just going to be like inhaling air or a "mist". Something like standing over a tea pot and trying to suck in the mist but it wasn't. It felt like I was hitting an analog. Are you sure the end of this thing isn't lit?!?! How can this be. Haha :laugh: The amount of vape was incredible!! The menthol flavor was more minty than menthol. Think of a clean mint mouthwash mixed with a back note of menthol. Hard to explain unless you are a menthol smoker. Menthol really isn't "minty" on an analog ya know. Anyway just from a few toots and a little iChat demo with my dad (who, after seeing how excited I was this week about ordering and trying to kick the butts ordered himself a Yeti starter kit and some extras as well. That in itself makes this all worth it). I have to say I am FULLY impressed. Totally looking fwd to seeing how a 6V toot kicks from my Prodigy!

Again thanks for all the help (been creeping around here for a week now and have read so much my eyes are still bleeding). And I'll post up some more info as the days/weeks go by and as I get new products.

-A

LuckyCat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Oregon
I'm like you- amazed that there is anything to this e cigarette phenomenon! I kept reading reviews referring to it as a "miracle" but I was sure it would be like sucking through a straw. I'm on my third day without an analog and vaping just keeps getting better! At first, it felt like something was missing (about 4,000 chemicals), but I found it comparable enough to stick with, and now I feel that vaping surpasses smoking in just about every sense.

My father was the first person I thought of when I figured out that the e cigarette was totally going to change my life, and I can tell you what he's getting for Father's Day.....mmmmm-hmmmm.

Congratulations on your new purchases! Cigarettes were never so much fun. Accessorizing tobacco cigs just wasn't something to write home about the way you can about vaping.

GMoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
MA
Congratulations! I am a recent convert as well. I am another who thought I would try it but expected it to feel kind of silly and fake, like I was "pretending" to smoke. It is truly amazing, that first moment, when it feels REAL and part of you instantly realizes that your life will be changed forever.

Best of Luck and enjoy your new life(and hobby)! :)

I'm posting up a first impression video on YouTube. I run a blog (very cynical and I can be a douche sometimes lol) but this one is me rambling for 15mins from a TOTAL noobs perspective. I'll let ya all know when I post it. For you old school people it's prob not anything you don't know, but might be fun to remember the old days when you all first started.

Again thanks everyone!

Ok so two days with the Bloog and I totally love it!!!! Posted up a 24 hour update video on my site (posted above) and really love it. Also got my Prodigy V3.1 and that thing is AMAZING!! Later on I'm going to stat a post about that as well.

Starting to get the hang of dripping into the atty for the Prodigy but and filling the cartos. I like how you can do the drip thing and change it up every few puffs but for being lazy it's nice to have a filled carto. I also topped off some of my Bloog MaxxFusion cartos just to see the difference between the bloog stuff and the prodigy stuff. So far pretty happy with everything.

I have had a few analogs since but have to say I kind of hated them. No taste or flavor other than dirty menthol. I like the clean menthol (and other flavors) the vape produces a lot better. I would say since I got this stuff a few days ago I've maybe had 3 or 4 analogs give or take... Not bad for an over a pack a day smoker. And didn't have one today at all.

Anyway I know I've said it a few times but thanks again to everyone here and in the vape community for all the help.

-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread