Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Um er Bill?? U there? Please tell me more

Lethalp,

I didn't respond because I assumed that you could (and would) Google "70 varieties of Gooey Butter Cake" just as easily as I can. I don't wish to offend you, but it's that simple. I suppose I could omit the links below and tell you to do it yourself, but that would be unfriendly, so here are the first two web sites right at the top of that Google Search page:

Ann & Allen Baking Company - 70 Varieties of GBC

Park Avenue Coffee - 73 Flavors of GBC

Cynder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
Alaska
Karla I know what you speak of when you say rabid fans...I think I saw that thread too.

In relation to this thread, I've only had 2 of the 4 GBC's listed in the OP. KBV and VAL. I have KBV's version with extra flavor and has been steeping a good long while. My favorite of the two was VAL's by a long shot. It was fairly sweet for me, again, extra flavor, but I don't recall maple. Now it has been a while since I had it and I've since run out of it. I just remember there was pretty much a very happy party in my mouth while vaping it. It was very rich, buttery, goodness.

Something about KBV's flavors just don't agree with me though. I've had several and they all have an undertone I just don't care for. I know a lot of people love their juice, but it's something I just can't get past to enjoy them. Taste buds are wacky I'm sure, who knows. Other than the undertone, it was not as rich and I don't get hardly any butter, it's mostly cake to me.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Something about KBV's flavors just don't agree with me though. I've had several and they all have an undertone I just don't care for. I know a lot of people love their juice, but it's something I just can't get past to enjoy them. Taste buds are wacky I'm sure, who knows. Other than the undertone, it was not as rich and I don't get hardly any butter, it's mostly cake to me.

Cynder, I have the exact same reaction to KBV's juices (and Lord knows, I tried and wanted to love a whole bunch of them!).

For me, I believe it's a combination of (1) something in the KBV base I cannot get past, and (2) my general inability to "taste" many sweets/bakery goods vapes.

Darn shame, too. :(

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Bill, I just want to know when the coffee/+cream/caramel/cinnamon/vanilla/espresso-machiato-cappuccino-latte roundup throwdown is gonna be? Lol

ogredog,

Good question. I've been on a fairly major coffee juice quest for quite awhile now. At this point the count in my stash is 44 coffee-related juices. I suppose that would be a good start to the Really Big Coffee Juice Roundup. On the other hand, the thought of having to do 44 new juice reviews just to start another thread fills me with dread.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Bah, there's only ONE of those exotic creatures: NLV's Caparillo Cafe Latte. ;) :laugh:

Eleanor,

While I, too, love nlv Capparillo Café Latte, I can think of at least ten other coffee blend juices I like just as well.

Perhaps you should do the Really Big Coffee Juice Roundup. It would be easy, since there'd be only one juice in the thread! LOL.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Eleanor,

While I, too, love nlv Capparillo Café Latte, I can think of at least ten other coffee blend juices I like just as well.

Perhaps you should do the Really Big Coffee Juice Roundup. It would be easy, since there'd be only one juice in the thread! LOL.

Oh, I know, I too have a handful of other coffee vapes that I love (Virgin Vapor's KCM, Darth Vaper's Malted Coffee Cream, etc.). :)

I was just responding to Ogredog's very specific juice description: "Bill, I just want to know when the coffee/+cream/caramel/cinnamon/vanilla/espresso-machiato-cappuccino-latte roundup throwdown is gonna be?" :D

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I was just responding to Ogredog's very specific juice description: "Bill, I just want to know when the coffee/+cream/caramel/cinnamon/vanilla/espresso-machiato-cappuccino-latte roundup throwdown is gonna be?" :D

E.,

I just couldn't pass up an opportunity for a joke. Here's another one:

Do you know which vendor sells the Coffee-Cream-Caramel-Cinnamon-Vanilla-Espresso-Machiatto-Cappuccino-Latte Blend? That's one juice I definitely have to try!

ogredog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
fontana,Cali
I just imagined the overwhelming task of tackling- coffee! With so many different palettes vs. Types of coffee flavors it would be insane!

I guess true to name would be the only way! If someone could do it, it would be you Bill!

I've had my share and liked most of them actually but I like coffee a million diff ways (except my grandmas summer coffee, she would freeze black coffee ice cubes to add to her refrigerated black coffee! Yeeech lol)

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I like coffee a million diff ways (except my grandmas summer coffee, she would freeze black coffee ice cubes to add to her refrigerated black coffee! Yeeech lol)

ogredog,

Your grandmother must have been very hard-core about her coffee! LOL.

bulldogz

Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Fun to read, Bill! Now I want to drive down and visit my cousins in Creve Couer and go get the real cake with them. I've only tasted Vape-A-Licious Gooey Butter Cake. I liked it at first, but it wasn't something I would re-order.

+1 on Sunny from Alt-Cig being a great vendor.

I love Gooey Butter Cake but it's been a few years since I've made it. Actually was born & raised in St. Louis & didn't realize GBC originated there and I lived in Creve Couer specifically our last few years there...what a small world. Will definitely have to try the juice now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread