Good temp control tank advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
In my seemingly never ending search for the best vape, I picked up an IPV D2 recently to try temp control. I also got some Ni200 coils for my Atlantis v1 and Kanger sub mini. While I am really liking the sub mini in temp control, I can't say the same for the Atlantis. I've tried about 3 different flavors and played around with the mod settings, but just don't seem to get anywhere the same flavor and clouds I get with the sub mini. So, my first question, has anybody else had the same experience with the Atlantis using Ni200 coils? No, I haven't tried a new coil yet since it is vapable, just not something I want to hit very long.

My second question is what tank seems to work best with temp control? I also have a Herakles and TFV4. but they are working so well in power mode I want to be sure temp control is something I may want to move towards and I have a number of kanthal coils to be using up first anyway. The tank I was suggested was the smok TCT (I think), but wasn't sure how much better that would be then the TFV4.

So far, I am not sure temp control is something worth changing over to, but want to give it a total and fair shot. And to be clear, I have been only sub-ohming for about 6 months and I am not dissatisfied with those results.

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
In my experience TC is a bit fiddly at first and feels 'underpowered' as compared to regular power mode vaping. However if you locked in the base resistance of your coil correctly and set the wattage high enough for the coil to heat quickly, you only have to play with the temperature to get the right 'warmth' of vape which is brilliant imo. That besides the fact it now indicates I need to refill instead of giving me a dry hit :)
Can't really help you on the tanks cause I only use rba's.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Sorry to hear that OD.

Another option would be the Uwell Crown with the NI200 coils. I just started to play with these because of the reviews some of my friend gave me and they are good tanks. They make a stock .15Ω NI200 coil that perform pretty well and the one I have now has been going strong for two weeks.

The only thing about these is you have to prime them real well before using them or you'll roast the coil. The first half of the tank the flavor will be a little off but the flavor improves the more you use the coil.

Well that's until it's finally spent.

Vape Royalty has both the tank and coils for a pretty good price.

Last edited:

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Thanks Marc! I will check that tank out.

I prime new coils and let them sit overnight before firing them, starting pretty low on power and increasing slowly. I'm not real clear or sure about starting lower in temp control, adjusting joules and/or temp (I normally run 33J and 435 temp). But I will give the Atlantis a bit more time on this coil and see if it starts to "come in".

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Sounds like a good plan OD. I have a couple of the Kanger Subtank mini's and on Black Friday can across some coils by the name of Atom. They were priced to high before the sales ($22) so I refused to try them but found four for $12. I loaded up a .15 last night and started vaping it this morning and ramped up the Joules slowly. It seems like all these coils start off a little slow, taste just a bit off but when you hit the half tank mark they start to shine. The Crown was the same way. I'm vaping both at 45.7 j at 455°

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread