• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Going Genesis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Jeffreys Bay
Gonna be difficult in SA. If you want a rebuildable sourced here, there has been limited stock of the RSST in Cape Town. Maybe one of the guys here will see this and help you out. Probably the easiest Genesis style rba available. The Ithaka (although great, vaping on a clone now), is not a Genesis style atomizer and is certainly not the sort of thing a newbie to rebuilding should be cutting their teeth on...

Sarje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Jeffreys Bay
As Mathee says, an IGO L is probably your best bet for a first step in to rebuilding. Easy to build and work out your coil resistances. No getting to grips with hotspots and shorts. I would start there if I were you and build up your arsenal as your experience increases. Besides, the price on Fasttech is ridiculously low, tiny investment for a great bit of kit.

CraftyZA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
South Africa
www.fdev.co.za
I think for now, I will be looking for the RSST, Ithaka Clone, and maybe one more sub R500 jobbie. If I feel this is the right direction I will invest further next tax season. Tax money has been blown on biltong this year. Hunting weekend depleted most of my tax monies.
Or perhaps sooner if I can get my hands on some other cash with freelance deals or something.
Anyways, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Sarje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Jeffreys Bay
I think for now, I will be looking for the RSST, Ithaka Clone, and maybe one more sub R500 jobbie. If I feel this is the right direction I will invest further next tax season. Tax money has been blown on biltong this year. Hunting weekend depleted most of my tax monies.
Or perhaps sooner if I can get my hands on some other cash with freelance deals or something.
Anyways, thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Don't forget you need no res wire for the Ithaka if you're going that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread