Glycerine to cut nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
I'm sure I asked this but can't find my post - I am cutting my nicotine to lower the content (11mg to about 5 or 6mg), using just glycerine (20 drops of nicotine (Marlboro) and 20 drops of glycerine) - is there any problem using that much glycerine in my mixture (also use 2 drops of distilled water). I don't know if glycerine is a problem, as far as using too much when you smoke e-cigs. Thanks for any info
Darlene

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
Hi Skunk
That is the part that confuses me - you say you are using VG, I know what they call it on the forum, but is Glycerine the same that as VG or entirely different, the Glycerine I am using is (Wilcox brand) I got at Michael's craft store. Simply cannot get the difference straight between Glycerine and VG, which is best? Hear on the forums that Glycerine can be thicker but never hear that about VG. Sorry I just can't seem to get the difference here, but want to use what is best for the e-cig and myself.
Thanks again,
Darlne

Paradiso

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
MA - USA
Hi Skunk
That is the part that confuses me - you say you are using VG, I know what they call it on the forum, but is Glycerine the same that as VG or entirely different, the Glycerine I am using is (Wilcox brand) I got at Michael's craft store.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin (Derived from vegetable oils, as opposed to synthesized from petrochemicals.) Fundamentally the same thing.

" Glycerin is obtained from fats and oils during soap and fatty acid production and by transesterification (an interchange of fatty acid groups with another alcohol). It is subsequently concentrated and purified prior to commercial sale. Synthetic glycerin is produced from petrochemical building blocks via several processing steps designed to achieve the desired concentration and high product quality. Glycerin, whether recovered from triglycerides or synthesized, is principally used as a highly refined and purified product, with a very high concentration of glycerol."
From http://www.cleaning101.com/oleo/whygly2.cfm

Personally, I went to the health food store and bought Vegetable Glycerin. $5 for 4 OZ

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
That's the basic problem again, is VG a totally different product than just Glycerine - I see both talked about so much on the forum - have been told cutting with Wilcox Glycerine is fine and many do it, but then read about the people cutting with VG and think they must be dealing with 2 different products - was wanting to know the value of using VG rather than Glycerine as far as e-cig tolerance and health, etc. I know I am making this confusing, but I really believe they may be two entirely different products. Thanks for the info and will keep looking until I finally understand the difference or if I am using a totally wrong product.
Darlene

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
Skunk, thanks so much - we have a health food store here close to us so I will go there and get the VG - will I notice a big difference in taste, don't think I have anything with VG, just the PG or whatever you call it that I have been getting online (the alternative to VG in the e-liquid and carts). Again, Thanks
Darlene

Darlene7, thanks for posting.
I am having the same problem. Bought mine at CVS in the skin dept. Says: Pure Glycerin USP. On the net it says most is derived from animal?? Glycerin is thicker than VG so was experimenting and as to the drops it appears that you need 50% pure glycerin and 50% water. Does anyone know the mixture for sure?

skunk

Mar 22, 2009
Battle Ground, WA
Skunk, thanks so much - we have a health food store here close to us so I will go there and get the VG - will I notice a big difference in taste, don't think I have anything with VG, just the PG or whatever you call it that I have been getting online (the alternative to VG in the e-liquid and carts). Again, Thanks
Darlene

NOW foods Vegetable Glycerine is USP/food grade. It has a sweet taste. :D

maskgeek

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Philippines
www.louhilario.com
Darlene, you are not alone. The only glycerin I can buy here is called "Pure Glycerin"" from drugstores. It has a 2 year expiry date. Nothing else is on the label. I don't know if it comes from vegetable, animal or petroleum.
When I mix it with the e-juice, the flavor gets lost and I just taste more of the glycerin. But it does produce lots of vapor.

kr0nicle

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
a
BUMP :D

i also got some Glycerin from wal-mart - tried going to GNC, walmart, CVS to find vegetable glycerine or PG - but they all looked at me like i was crazy. tried to get the pharmacists to order for me - but neither were in the order books.

the stuff i got says Glycerin USP
then under drug facts it says:

Active Ingredient Purpose
Glycerin Anhydrous 99.5%.......Skin Protectant

question is - anyone been vaping this stuff?

i know this question has to have come up 500 times before - but just wanna find out so i can try to revive this JC juice while i wait on my new juice order to get here..

Last edited:

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
I really think you should play it safe and only use certified Vegetable Glycerin. Instead of Walmart and GNC, find a local Health Food store. They most likely will have it, and it will say USP Grade Pure Vegetable Glycerin, or 100% kosher vegetable glycerin. The brand I found here is Heritage. Good luck...

Aloha,
GP

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I wish there was a "Sticky" on this topic. I think you mean "Wiltons". It seems that it may have become "acceptable" because it is "accessible". I have seen numerous threads on this topic and am confident that I have not read them all, and still do not have a clue. If there is RELIABLE information here, it needs to me in the face of every new member.
My biggest concern is that new members decide to be "suppliers" and don't know anymore about this than I do....
Hell, carburator cleaner would probably make good vapor!!!!!!!!!! Let's get Cheech and Chong on this!
My pharmacy ordered PG for me. I'm going to try to stick with that for now. But then, I don't know what my 36mg was cut with.
You are right to be concerned!

truthseeker

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Canada
I got the "Heritage" brand VG for $5.00 (4oz) from Whole Foods.
Here's a video I found in youtube. Barb is also a member here. In this video she actually shows and explains the VG and flavors.

YouTube - Ecig Tips and Tricks Part 2

Barb has 4 more videos I think you guys would be interested in watching. Thanks Barb!:thumb:

I hope this helps.
Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread