Cutting my nicotine help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darlene7

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Fresno, CA
I am having a bad time with my nicotine and adding VG or Glycerine. I really like the sweeter taste of the Glycerine (Wilcox) from Michael's Craft Store but heard it was too thick and confused on how much distilled water to add a I am just making small batches now to see what I like. I have 11mg nicotine (Marlboro) and I am cutting it almost in half with Glycerine (kinda like that sweet taste). Got worried about the Glycerine and bought VG and cutting it with that and don't like the taste much at all so far. I am using small batches of 40 drops of 11mg nicotine to 30 drops of Glycerine - another batch of 40 drops of nicotine to 30 drops of VG - no distilled water in either of these batches. Can anyone help me figure out which cutter, Glycerine or VG is best for the battery and atomizer and tell me how bad the straight Glycerine is for the battery and atomizer?? I seem to be stuck on stupid on this issue, sorry.
Darlene

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Darlene, there is realy no practicable difference between glycerin and the product labeled vegetable glycerin. It's the same chemical compound, either way. The differences people talk about are probably more the difference between brands, than between G and VG (there are differences in water content, etc).

So relax, and use whichever one tastes best to you.

Nor do you need to add distilled water so long as it's not too thick. People might need to add a bit of water (and some use alcohol instead), when using a very high percentage of glycerin, or when making 0 nic liquid with just glycerin and flavor, so they do not have commercial nic liquid mixed in to thin it.

Again, just relax with it, and play around with small batches until you find the right thickness and taste that works for you.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
When mixing your own e-liquids, it is a total experiment. Some reuslts will fail and others will be great. If you choose that path, expect to have those failures. I have recently tried to mix down (reduce nic content) some juice using glycerine (Wiltons). Vapor is outstanding, flavor is reudced, as expected. Will the Wilton's glycerin foul my atomizers; I do not know, but all is well right now. Use the Hack-O-Meter spreadsheet for Microsoft Excel to fine tune your experiements. Try 100 proof vodka, vinegar, lemon juice and other fun stuff while you serach for your perfect flavors.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Darlene, I've found that adding ethyl maltol gives a really good flavor.

The ECOpure liquid I vape from Intellicig has nicotine, vegetable glycerine, ethyl maltol, distilled water, and menthol. That's it! Very basic recipe. You just need to find the proportions that's right for you.

This thread may be helpful

Best attempt at a tobacco flavor so far

Dont' add any of the tobacco flavorings if you're not looking for a tobacco like taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread