• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Glaucoma anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Just had my second eye exam where I was asked if I've been told about glaucoma because my pressures were in the higher end of normal range and my nerves look suspicious.... Scheduled more tests and a follow-up on things in a few weeks....

My first scare was 2009ish.... High pressure measurements from the puff test, asked me about glaucoma and scheduled the extra tests.... If I remember right, there wasn't a cause for concern, they called it up to either/or or combination of my extreme dislike of the puff test and blinking which was inaccurately read as high pressure or the equipment not working right because everything in that follow-up came up "normal" and good enough for the military to clear me for deployment to Afghanistan....

Anyone else?

I don't fit into most of the risk factor areas, ie as far as I know, neither parent has it, only in my early 30s so they both are in their mid 50s.... White.... Not diabetic yet, but it runs in the family but doctors always seem to "laugh" a bit when I mention it because, as they put it, I'm far from being anywhere near overweight.... About the only "risk" factor is being nearsighted.... Wearing glasses the last 15 or so years, my prescription hasn't changed with the exception of a doctor picking up on an astigmatism that previous doctors were masking or correcting wrong by giving a stronger lens rather than dealing with the astigmatism....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread