Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Hey Guys, I have one more question.
Does anyone of you has an experience that Tilemahos tastes completely different than other tanks with same aroma?
An Example:
Liquid: 70/30 base with OMG aroma, basically strawberry cream taste. So in all my tanks, e.g. nautilus it taste like the package says - strawberry cream. But in my Tilemahos the vape is enjoyable but there is absolutely no strawberry taste. I can't say Tilemahos is worse than Nautilus. It is more like the vape has completely different taste in these two devices... This is what I can't understand.
Btw I am using Tilemahos in springomizer mode with 0,30mm SS coil.
Thanks.
Hi, you may need to adjust your power settings for use with TAE. Also you might try zirconium spring.;):rolleyes:

Boris Jordan

Feb 7, 2018
fantastic BJ! And thats how a wire has to taste, neutral. Wires with taste after washing them are not good for vaping
Hello Imeo,

I think there is a misunderstanding.
1. Just for testing I tried to vape clear base without any flavour and the taste was neutral. This means that the device is clean-
2. Now I try to vape my liquid with flavour and I don't get the taste which the liquid should have. It should taste like strawberry cream but in TAE the taste is more like sugar syrup.
In my Nautilus everything is ok.
This is what I can't understand. Same liquid tastes completely different. And I am not very sensible for flavours, but in this case the difference is huuuge.

Reactions: imeothanasis

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hello Imeo,

I think there is a misunderstanding.
1. Just for testing I tried to vape clear base without any flavour and the taste was neutral. This means that the device is clean-
2. Now I try to vape my liquid with flavour and I don't get the taste which the liquid should have. It should taste like strawberry cream but in TAE the taste is more like sugar syrup.
In my Nautilus everything is ok.
This is what I can't understand. Same liquid tastes completely different. And I am not very sensible for flavours, but in this case the difference is huuuge.
sorry, I understand now Boris. All these with Zr?

Boris Jordan

Feb 7, 2018
it seems that you may need to boil the deck in milk Boris. The smell of the machines persist sometimes and changes the taste of the liquids
Haha interresting idea.
I will try that. Howewer I don't think it will help because if it would be the oil then the taste would be horrible. But in my case tge tast is ok, it is just different.
Do you think I also need to boil the chimney?

Last edited:

Boris Jordan

Feb 7, 2018
Looks like I am close to a solution.
This time I made a microcoil with more wicks, so I came to 1.6 Ohm.
Other than in all videos I didn't push the coil all way down to the air hole, instead I placed it in the middle between the hole and the top of the deck.
I also took a bit more cotton and cut it not on the base, but left about 2-3mm long ends outside of the base and then moved the cotton ends a bit inside of the liquid slots closer to the coil.
The taste is now close to the Nautilus.
Well, I am still not sure what exactly made the trick - microcoil instead of spaced one, higher resistance, more cotton, longer cuts, or the position of the coil. But I think I am on the right way.
Thanks!

thocig

Feb 5, 2018
I am still not sure what exactly made the trick - microcoil instead of spaced one, higher resistance, more cotton, longer cuts, or the position of the coil. But I think I am on the right way.
all factors play a role but I think the position of the coil is the most important here. I have 2 Tile Armed. I use one in springomizer mode and the other one in classic mode. On the second one I place the coil roughly as high (low) as the spring in springomizer mode... which works perfectly fine for my vaping style (pure MTL, pretty restrictive air). As far as the coil goes I think spaced coils actually taste "better" (richer) than microcoils... YMMV...

Boris Jordan

Feb 7, 2018
all factors play a role but I think the position of the coil is the most important here. I have 2 Tile Armed. I use one in springomizer mode and the other one in classic mode. On the second one I place the coil roughly as high (low) as the spring in springomizer mode... which works perfectly fine for my vaping style (pure MTL, pretty restrictive air). As far as the coil goes I think spaced coils actually taste "better" (richer) than microcoils... YMMV...
Interesting.Because spaced coil all way down didn't taste well for me. But because I am still unsure what exactly helped in my case I can't say more. Maybe it was liquid flow. If I will identify the culprit I will go back to spaced coil at same high as spring. But how did you move the coil down? When I did this I produced 2 meters long legs from screws to the coil :)

Last edited:

thocig

Feb 5, 2018
Hi thocig!

People say that the new chimney increase a lot the taste but it doesnt affect the dense of the vape. Maybe the hit is smoother but dense stays the same. In fact thats my opinion too :)
Hi Imeo.
Ordered and tested.
Personally I don‘t really agree.
Taste is a bit different but not necessarily increased (with my liquid).
Hit is in fact a bit smoother.
But the vape is a bit less dense (as I‘ve assumed).
Since the curved chimney is larger you also reduce the liquid capacity.
Personally I prefer the original chimney.
But hey... that‘s how things are ... and I really appreciate that you continue to design new parts even for „older“ products.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread