Getting a new tube an having a hard time deciding between a full size and a mini ProVari 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Had a few problems with a loose top cap and ProVape says I need a new tube...it was the earlier design full size 2.0 with the vertical lines.

Its 2-3 years old so it had a good life and will be good as new when it gets back from ProVape... I just need to decide what color and what size tube.

Having a hard time deciding between the full size and the mini 2.5...

I already own three minis 2.5's.. a stealth, polished stainless and one that was black (now is polished and the black is only on the recessed areas now)

Will I notice a difference in grip with the full size crop circle design vs the teardrop design on the mini?

I use my ProVari's usually in 18490 mode...

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
  • ProVari-Product-image-480x232.jpg
    ProVari-Product-image-480x232.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 17

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
My favorites as for grip goes:
1: Mini with teardrops
2: Strait fluted tube (V1-V2)
3: Crop circles
Added bonus to Mini is with rings, 3 battery sizes...
YMMV

That means I need to buy another extension cap...or a Twins Telescopic Extension by Atmistique if I want to use my cool Provanati cap.

Great thats cash I didnt want to spend... :(

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Last edited:

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Just saying is all :) I really love the Mini's for their versatility. A lot of times I just run mine either in 18350, or use an extender cap and run them in 18490 mode, I like the feel of the extender cap, more rounded on the edges...good luck making your decision :)

P.S. it's only 12$ for an extension ring :Tatroe Ring for Tatroe Base
Vs 16.95 for an extension cap:ProVari Extended End Cap for 18650 Battery

Didnt see the tatroe rings for the base till now on ProVapes site (try to stay away from that place)... kinda wish they had one in black to be an exact match the ProVari finish.

But then again it might be a nice accent to the silver on the Provanati cap if I get a black mini... I seem to have a black and metal theme goin on with my ProVari's.

Last edited:

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Well, aren't you a clever puppy. I hadn't even thought of that. I just put one of the P3 ext. rings on the mini, put in an 18490 battery and used the mini's end cap and it fired just fine.

Ocelot I didnt think of it myself.. it was an option recommended by Marissa from ProVape. (Gotta give credit where it is due)

I will be getting a new black satin Mini 2.5 tube and two of the P3 extension rings in black satin to match... should be back in my possession next week.

Now I can use my Provanati end cap with all battery sizes. :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Ocelot I didnt think of it myself.. it was an option recommended by Marissa from ProVape. (Gotta give credit where it is due)

I will be getting a new black satin Mini 2.5 tube and two of the P3 extension rings in black satin to match... should be back in my possession next week.

Now I can use my Provanati end cap with all battery sizes. :D

Okay, I get it now. I was confused before.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Doesn't look like two P3 rings will work on my 2.5.. ProVape's repair team has some concerns about it.

"The concern is with using 2 extension rings on a V2.5 device. The V2.5s have a different design than the P3 and we're concerned that using 2 extension rings on it may ultimately push your circuit board loose over time.

In order to ensure you have a great working device, we would recommend using only 1 extension ring. If you'd prefer to use the longer, 18650 batteries, we'd then recommend going with the standard tube and 1 extension ring."

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Doesn't look like two P3 rings will work on my 2.5.. ProVape's repair team has some concerns about it.

"The concern is with using 2 extension rings on a V2.5 device. The V2.5s have a different design than the P3 and we're concerned that using 2 extension rings on it may ultimately push your circuit board loose over time.

In order to ensure you have a great working device, we would recommend using only 1 extension ring. If you'd prefer to use the longer, 18650 batteries, we'd then recommend going with the standard tube and 1 extension ring."
That is rather interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread