General detox tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lana79

Dec 4, 2012
Serbia
Being a vaping noob, I've been reading quite a lot about the issues of switching - particularly detoxing/withdrawal from million other addictive/harmful ingredients in analogs. Knowing a thing or two about detox in general (I'm not medical practitioner of any sort), here's my contribution.

OK, some of us had probably used analogs as anti-depressants. And it is said that tobacco products contain some sort of MAOI substance - which we lack in our e-cigs. There are other ways to get anti-depressant action without prescription.

1. Supplements. St. John's Worth is known as the natural anti-depressant. It helps with mild/seasonal depression. Ginseng is also beneficial for promoting peripheral circulation, thus "reviving" the body. Appropriate quantities of vitamins (B complex and D vitamin) is also important. Magnesium can help a lot with sore muscles, muscle cramps, even headache.

2. Get out! Human body can generate vitamin D using sunlight. It takes as little as 20 minute exposure of your face to direct sunlight to get additional vitamin D you'll need. Plus, breathing some fresh air may help speed up clearing of tar-congested lungs.

3. Get moving! Now, I don't expect you to start training for marathon. Half-an-hour walk in good environment (clear air) can help with depression, detox and general health.

4. Get sweating! Sauna in other words. If your lungs are damaged/heavily congested after many years of analog smoking, consult your physician. If it's OK, sit on the lowest bench first and see if you can get higher. Sweat is one of the best human detoxing mechanisms.

5. Hydrate. And I don't mean just drinking 8 glasses of water. I see people mentioning dry skin, acne, etc. Keep your body hydrated inside and out. If you don't like your water plain, add some citrus juice or drink iced herbal tea.

Hope this helps at least someone and hope to hear your experiences about tobacco withdrawal symptoms managing. When I get gutsy enough to throw out analogs, I might add a thing or two about my "coping mechanisms" with other symptoms I didn't think of now :)

Lana79

Dec 4, 2012
Serbia
So, after being analog-free for 24+ hours, my sinuses gotten "quite active". I'm sneezing and my nose is kinda runny. I also saw it was one of the symptoms experienced by many.

I love to burn some essential oils in oil burner - the one with tea candle. So when my nose started to "behave", I lit up my beloved burner with the mix of: eucalyptus, mint and pine oil (equal parts). I find the same mix beneficial for headache/migraine. If you don't like oil burners, you can drip the same mix on paper tissue and smell it. Rubbing the mixture on your temples can relieve headache.

On the other hand, I might have caught a cold - when I woke up this morning, my entire apartment smelled bad (of analogs), so I opened all windows - and it's rather cold here (they forecast snow tomorrow!). I've scheduled mobile dry-cleaning crew for my carpets, curtains and upholstery for Monday ;)

Rachy_B

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Kent, UK
There are other ways to get anti-depressant action without prescription.

1. Supplements. St. John's Worth is known as the natural anti-depressant. It helps with mild/seasonal depression. Ginseng is also beneficial for promoting peripheral circulation, thus "reviving" the body. Appropriate quantities of vitamins (B complex and D vitamin) is also important. Magnesium can help a lot with sore muscles, muscle cramps, even headache.

Please be aware ladies, that if you're using St John's Wort and taking certain contraceptives (particularly the contraceptive pill) that this could reduce its effectiveness! Definitely check with your doctor before taking this supplement if you're using hormonal contraceptives!x

P.S. lots of fresh fruit and veg is good too. If ever I fancy a full detox, I turn vegetarian for a couple of weeks or so...just be aware that this will change your digestive system briefly!

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Please be aware ladies, that if you're using St John's Wort and taking certain contraceptives (particularly the contraceptive pill) that this could reduce its effectiveness! Definitely check with your doctor before taking this supplement if you're using hormonal contraceptives!x

P.S. lots of fresh fruit and veg is good too. If ever I fancy a full detox, I turn vegetarian for a couple of weeks or so...just be aware that this will change your digestive system briefly!
Good point on the saint john's. Fruits and veggies are your best friend when detoxing. I did quite a bit of vitamin c mega dosing when I switched. Lots of water and tea as well.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I saw a documentary about nutrition called Food Matters a few months ago . One of the speakers talked about niacin and how it can help people with depression. I have been taking 1000mg of flush free niacin a day for about 2 months now and I can say it has helped me. I usually go into a mild depression when I make a life altering change <quitting analogs> and this little supplement has worked wonders for me.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
Getting outside definitely helps, if its not too cold. If you don't exercise, try to for a week or so. It will get easier as you go along, especially if you've ditched the analogs. It will also make you feel better afterwards.

5htp, they sell it at gnc, helps with depression/anxiety and sleep. It has also helped people quit smoking, all due to increase in serotonin production. Seems to be working for me. Green tea will help flush your system and detox, but be sure to drink plenty of water with it to stay hydrated. Look up super foods and find a few you like and incorporate them into your diet. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread