Lung juice herb benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
Caring strongly about something doesn't make you correct.

I'm always shocked at how little people understand how the FDA works...they don't actually collect their own data, for the most part. Generally, data must be submitted to them along with whatever filing goes with it. Just like how the FDA doesn't collect taxes.

yeah, they collect data along with the money to grease the palm that signs the approval for that latest drug that will do more harm than good. statins anyone? biggest scam ever and they hand them out like candy to anyone with a cholesterol number that they don't like

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Caring strongly about something doesn't make you correct.

I'm always shocked at how little people understand how the FDA works...they don't actually collect their own data, for the most part. Generally, data must be submitted to them along with whatever filing goes with it. Just like how the FDA doesn't collect taxes.

I didn't say that it did. But it's something that he feels strongly about and others apparently do too. So who am I to say? I respect people's right to take supplements or herbs or whatever if they feel it helps them. I certainly don't want to scoff at another persons belief in some of these things even if it's not something I might put a lot of credence in. Up to them. Whatever floats their boat. My point is that this isn't something he just came up with to sell juce; it's something that he apparently cares about as well.

Yes, I agree with you about the FDA. But it's not something I want to touch around here with a 10 foot pole because I don't want it to interpreted that I agree with them. It is flawed- absolutely. Do they make mistakes? Take a look at the FDA and sucrose and it's obvious that they make errors. Big ones. It took 20 years and an act of congress to fix that one.

Mrcarcrazy

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Odessa, TX
Being in the Cardiology field I will have to disagree w/ your stance on statins...but that's another battle for another time.

Regarding this fluid, it is like all "homeopathic" things...very little to no data to back it up. Does this make it false or bad? no...but it does make it unproven....which is neither good or bad...its just a gray area of uncertainty.

Another thing you will find interesting if you start reading medical journals is that for every study that says x>m you'll find another that says m>x or something similar. This is a slight overstatement...but its intended to get a point across. That point is that multiple controlled studies are needed to determine the effectiveness and/or harm that any substance will cause. Even studies may miss long term outcomes...and at times other outcomes. Hence the need for multiple (to lessen the chance of wrong or incomplete information). The missed and unlikely outcomes are the ones you see the ambulance chasing attorneys advertising for on TV.

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
Being in the Cardiology field I will have to disagree w/ your stance on statins...but that's another battle for another time.

Regarding this fluid, it is like all "homeopathic" things...very little to no data to back it up. Does this make it false or bad? no...but it does make it unproven....which is neither good or bad...its just a gray area of uncertainty.

Another thing you will find interesting if you start reading medical journals is that for every study that says x>m you'll find another that says m>x or something similar. This is a slight overstatement...but its intended to get a point across. That point is that multiple controlled studies are needed to determine the effectiveness and/or harm that any substance will cause. Even studies may miss long term outcomes...and at times other outcomes. Hence the need for multiple (to lessen the chance of wrong or incomplete information). The missed and unlikely outcomes are the ones you see the ambulance chasing attorneys advertising for on TV.

Although it is in the same "naturalistic/ healthy" area as homeopathy, it is not homeopathy. It it was homeopathic it would have the extracts diluted over and over hundreds of time and then added to juice.

They have actually made a homeopathic remedy that is water diluted with water. No joke.

I would see no problem vaping a homeopathic e juice other than it's claims would be wrong.

It's semantics really. Its all a bunch of BS

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
There is also no "proven" research that ecigs help you quit smoking either....

There seems to be enough anecdotal evidence with a measurable outcome (decrease in amount of cigarettes smoked or smoking cessation all together) that would seem to prove that e cigs are effective as a alternative to cigarettes.

It is much harder to measure if you "feel better" or "seem more tired" or any other effect that these herbal remedies could supply.

Equating this lung juice to e cigs as an effective cessation device is apples and oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread