Geek Vape Aegis mod Problem

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have long used the Aegis dual 18650 mod, its called l200 or Legend, but i am referring to the basic mod. I have never had a problem with them until recently. I dropped it and not too long of a drop less than counter height. It no longer works. What can i do?

If you mean the mod is dead, as if it has no batteries in it even though it does...check your batteries' positive and negative posts, but mainly the positive posts.

When you drop mods, often times, depending on the impact point, the battery will get forced up toward the positive battery contact on the mod and will dent the positive post on the battery. If the dent is deep enough, it will cause your battery not to make contact with the mod's contacts. So the solution is simple: you just get new batteries.

This has happened to me at least 3 times now. For some mods, the dent won't matter much but for some mods even a small dent will cause a connection issue.

If this is not the issue then your mod is broke.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Example. The green battery has a dented positive contact from when I dropped a mod it was in. The grey battery is perfectly fine.

The dented green one won't work anymore in certain mods.

gVxeiaa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread