ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Geekvape Aegis x.
Geekvape Aegis Solo.
Geekvape Aegis Legend.
Smoant Cylon vaporesso GEN
Cupti 2

I added Cupti 2 cause the last mod I had was the Cupti and I really liked the all in one aspect of it.
Also, are kangertech products still a good brand?

I really like the idea of having dual batteries. I also like the idea of having more than a 5ml tank.

Thanks!

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Theres still Kangertech gear around? I thought they were completely dead, so theres a ringing endorsement. then theres them releasing some of the worst and unsafe products of all time..Neebox anyone?

Moving on....

Your title asks about mods, but then you references tanks as well

If youre looking for a 5ml+ tank, youre limited to a very few, and if you're expecting to find one with factory coils, then theres probably an even smaller amount of choices of tank....i haven't bought a new tank (until last week) in over 2 years, so im not up with what available

Fasttech lets you search Atomisers via liquid volume in its left hand column: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

As for mods

Out of those i would choose one of the GeekVape Aegis mods depending on size and runtime or watts needed

Then theres the more complex answer to single or dual batteries...and theres part a and part b of that...

Part A: Do you want a dual battery mod for battery runtime?

Im not a huge fan of dual battery mods, it adds a slight complexity in the area of battery recharging...you *should* (read: definitely need to) buy 2 batteries and marry them (i.e. mark them each as a pair B1 & B2 etc) and always charge them as a pair, and always in an external charger. A single battery mod, feel free to internally charge. I also vape at no more than about 37w ever in temp control mode

Then theres

Part B: Do you want a dual battery mod to vape at 75+ watts?

to the dual battery mod, do you want a dual battery mod because you want to vape at 75+ watts (safely)? No, then buy a single compact battery mod and swap batteries as needed. If you need 75+w (safely), then yes, dual battery mod, be prepared its going to be larger and heavier and you'll definitely need to factor in an external charger.

You prolly thought it was a simple question :)

Last edited:

B I L

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Hemet, CA
Haha, I did think it was a simple question. I've been out of the loop for a few years. I'm actually not sure if kangertech is still around. Lol.
I probably will stick with one battery. I wasn't thinking about the extra weight. I did want 2 just so I wouldn't have to worry about changing them often. Mine were getting old so I was changing them a few times a day.

Do you know if any of these leak when laid on their side? That's the one thing I loved about my Cupti, it never leaked.

I'll look more into Geekvape. Thanks.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Haha, I did think it was a simple question. I've been out of the loop for a few years. I'm actually not sure if kangertech is still around. Lol.
I probably will stick with one battery. I wasn't thinking about the extra weight. I did want 2 just so I wouldn't have to worry about changing them often. Mine were getting old so I was changing them a few times a day.

Do you know if any of these leak when laid on their side? That's the one thing I loved about my Cupti, it never leaked.

I'll look more into Geekvape. Thanks.

Check the description of mods. Some dual battery mods are no heavier than some singles. The Aegis 100 (single) is tubby for a single, and the legend is not much larger. Neither one is going to fit in my pocket, and had I known there was not much size weight difference, I’d have gone with the legend.

It’s not complicated to do married batteries, and it sounds like you need new ones anyway. Just write on them so you know they go together. Use an external charger regardless of which mod you get. Using the port is okay in a pinch, but don’t rely on it.

As far as tanks go, I can’t help much. And it seems like most of the more recent ones are fairly leak resistant. I find some people never have leaky tanks, and other people are the complete opposite. Seems to depend more on the user than the gear.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've got experience only with the Aegis Legend and Aegis Solo from your group of mods. I'm biased to single battery mods for their comfort in the hand, lightweight, compact size, and pocketability. I don't mind carrying a pair of spare charged batteries with me in a plastic battery case. For myself, the Legend was too bulky, heavy, and not pocket-friendly --- gave it to my adult son. Last time I saw him he had converted to using a pod and nic salts.

The Solo on the other hand is ideal for my purposes. Comfortable in my hand, pocket-friendly, lightweight, and unbreakable. It's one of two mod models that I use on a daily basis. The other one is the JAC Vapour Series B DNA75W.

Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews
REVIEW OF THE JAC VAPOUR SERIES B DNA75W

full

Last edited:

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
If you want a carry mod, then yeah, get the Solo (e.g. single 18650). If you want need more power or battery life go Cylon or Legend. Cylons will outlast most M1 Abrams. Only knock on Solo is also a pro; while light and bullet proof, doesn't slide easily into a tight pocket due to exterior rubber. However, it's a great "out and about" mod. Plenty like the Vaporesso GEN though somewhat leary on coating durability. Enjoy

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Thanks. I was meaning toward the Aegis Solo cause of its lighter weight. I do carry my mod in my pocket quite a bit.
The Vaporesso GEN mod weighs only 107 grams, versus 112.5 grams for the Aegis Solo. So, with the batteries installed, the difference in weight is actually less than 40 grams, which isn't a whole lot TBH, and, the reason why you might want to consider going for a dual battery mod is because, given the same wattage setting on both mods, the dual battery one draws current from each battery so that the amps are halved, resulting in less heating of the batteries which translates to slower aging of the batteries in cohort with added safety margin of the batteries plus the batteries are running more efficiently thereby MORE than doubling the vaping time (fact), possibly to the point of it eliminating the need to carry around an additional spare battery that would effectively decrease the combined weight of what's in your pocket rather than increase it so then it's mostly about size and shape (and aesthetics) instead of being about weight.

The reason why not a lot of people take all these factors correctly into account is twofold. Firstly, a severe lack of knowledge about battery performance comes to mind, and, secondly, it's just how the marketing business usually works by targeting the uninformed.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
BTW. I mainly chose Aegis mods cause they seemed more popular. I've been out of the vaping loop for a few years. I wasn't sure what the new and best mods were out there.

I was meaning toward the Aegis Solo cause of its lighter weight. I do carry my mod in my pocket quite a bit. Have you had any problems with leaks? Especially with them on their side?
The Solo kit comes with the Geekvape Cerberus tank. Not a bad tank at all. I've got two of them and not had issues with leaking at all. It is a sub-ohm direct-to-lung tank, so not a tootle puffer (low wattage) mouth-to-lung tank. The recommended wattage for its coils ask for 60-80W, which is more watts than I care to vape with. My typical wattage setting is under 30 watts. I typically use only 12- 14 watts with my Cerberus tanks.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

You may want to reconsider buying a Kanger mod because Kanger seems to be MIA for a while now. They still make coils for some of their older tanks (I think), but they don't seem to be making new tanks and mods. Parts my be hard to find.

You may not be able to get much peer support due to less and less people using their stuff. And I doubt you will get much support from Kanger either (because their support was lacking even when they were a top dog).

B I L

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2013
    Hemet, CA
    You may want to reconsider buying a Kanger mod because Kanger seems to be MIA for a while now. They still make coils for some of their older tanks (I think), but they don't seem to be making new tanks and mods. Parts my be hard to find.

You may not be able to get much peer support due to less and less people using their stuff. And I doubt you will get much support from Kanger either (because their support was lacking even when they were a top dog).
    See my post above yours.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Smoant Cylon Vaporesso GEN
    Both are excellent mods, the Smoant Battlestar is an even better Smoant mod and I love the Cylon. Having said that pick the Vaporesso Gen. it’s just a great all around mod with a great feeling and functional coating that you’ll love.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread