Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Yes, "pipey." :)

I was "hiding out" at a friend's house a few days ago while my house was being shown, and my friend comes up from the basement (she was doing laundry) saying "Ooh! I smell Eleanor!" I was both bewildered and horrified, until she laughed and said my e-cig (vaping Gandalf) smelled like Borkum Riff!

Both of our fathers smoked pipes, and both loved Borkum Riff. No wonder I love this juice! (Go back to your SIL's bedroom, Dr. Freud! :glare:)

bebeau25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
Tulsa OK
Nuthin' like boba's. I've found their pirate's booty and dragon's fire taste very similar to gandalf. Steepin' may help

I know what you mean. I just got my sample pack in and I can't tell a difference from Pirates Booty, Dragons Fire, or Huntsman. I thought maybe they accidently put the same liquid in the sample bottles and labeled them wrong. Its a possibility I guess. As of right now I can vape the gandalf, but its definately not my favorite. Maybe it will grow on me. I agree with Dragonbone, it tastes a little grassy. Atleast I didn't get any hints of stale cracker.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
They will start to develop the distinguishing characteristics upon age. Now, as to whether you will like said characteristics can only be determined by you. I, on the other hand, can discern these the different juices blindly right out of the box. That is not a super sense but it is definitely due to familiarity with the juices. Many of you have vaped BWB before and can attest to juices like Virgina and Backo being very close. Also, if you have ever vaped Vapor Station you will know that Texas and Tampa are quite similar, and at first, without the labels, you could easily think you were vaping one when in reality it was the other. I could go on, but I am sure you get the point.

Okay I lied....LOL. Isn't Gorilla juice just Bobas with a hint of banana? Yep, that's all it is. It's all about subtlety. If you want vastly different juices, I would suggest buying a non-net, a candy, drink, fruit, and a real tobacco--there should be no problem distinguishing those. Likewise, if you buy all coffee flavors, the similarity inevitability is probable.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I know what you mean. I just got my sample pack in and I can't tell a difference from Pirates Booty, Dragons Fire, or Huntsman. I thought maybe they accidently put the same liquid in the sample bottles and labeled them wrong. Its a possibility I guess. As of right now I can vape the gandalf, but its definately not my favorite. Maybe it will grow on me. I agree with Dragonbone, it tastes a little grassy. Atleast I didn't get any hints of stale cracker.

After reading your post, I went to check my stash... Besides Gandalf, I have Oompa, Monkey Mango, Tuscan Cocoa, and Caramel Cappuccino.
Tuscan Cocoa smells like very much like Dekang's Cappuccino.
Gandalf smells like Dekangs RY4 base (or something...) with grassy Japanese green tea and a hint of black tea. (Inawara's Little Space Drop ?)
Caramel Cappaccino smells like KBV's Gooey Better Cake with a hint of dark caramel (Desert Voyager ?).
Oompa... once again, I seem to smell Dekang cappuccino (and other stuff).

Seems as though Caramel Cappuccino and Tuscan Cocoa could have their labels swapped....

There are just my nose obsevations. I haven't vaped any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread