Fusion Pre-Punched Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
Took me a while to figure out the 801 Fusion cartos after being a dual coil carto user for the past 8 months.

But once I did, wow, the flavor of some of my juices just pops now! Some I thought weren't that good, I now love!

I went back to order more and discovered there are pre-punched Fusions! I never noticed before! I tried punching my Fusion to no avail.

I see that the pre-punched Fusions are out of stock. Do you know when they will be back in stock? I *really* want to try them in my tanks. I don't want to lose any more Fusions by my semi-okay punching skills.

Thanks, Isaac, for holding my hand and taking me step by step in how to use these! You really are awesome!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
You can get a carto punch from clouds of vapor. I used to punch mine but the Fusion punch's are much better to me. I also like the fact they're shinier too. Great to hear you found the fusions though and don't be fooled by the other people selling knock offs. Even though some say they're the same they aren't. One puff tells the whole story.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
You can get a carto punch from clouds of vapor. I used to punch mine but the Fusion punch's are much better to me. I also like the fact they're shinier too. Great to hear you found the fusions though and don't be fooled by the other people selling knock offs. Even though some say they're the same they aren't. One puff tells the whole story.

I do have a carto punch, I think I got it from there, too. I'm not very good at it I believe. Every time I punch a good size hole, it always warps the cartos and I have a hard time getting it into my smoktek tanks. If I punch two holes, forget it, they're not going in.

I just ordered more Fusions and will try again to make a nice punch. So far I've just been vaping them by themselves. I miss my tanks though.

I did hear that not all Fusions are alike! Then again I also just watched a video that states Boge and Fusions could be the same, too. I dunno. I'm loving these Fusions. I want to try Ikenvapes 510 at some point, too, but so expensive.

Did you mean the punched Fusion cartos are shinier?

Thanks for your help!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Here's the punch I came up with, been using it on fusions for months:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/272989-diy-carto-punch-9.html

See post 77.

Simple, effective. For a fusion, let the screw contact the carto body, then give it two full turns (720 degrees), then back it out again. I punch two holes, 180 degrees apart (opposite sides of the carto). With an M1A1 tank, just slide the carto in until the fusion flange touches the hub; for other tanks, try having the hub about 1/8" or so away from the flange. (test on an old carto, to see what you need with your tank). Very fast.

The hub is just barely wider than the carto body, so you should get very little deformation.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
Here's the punch I came up with, been using it on fusions for months:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/272989-diy-carto-punch-9.html

See post 77.

Simple, effective. For a fusion, let the screw contact the carto body, then give it two full turns (720 degrees), then back it out again. I punch two holes, 180 degrees apart (opposite sides of the carto). With an M1A1 tank, just slide the carto in until the fusion flange touches the hub; for other tanks, try having the hub about 1/8" or so away from the flange. (test on an old carto, to see what you need with your tank). Very fast.

The hub is just barely wider than the carto body, so you should get very little deformation.

This is the type of carto punch that I have, I hope the image uploaded okay.

I think I just keep turning the screw until I can't turn it any more. It distorts the shape of the carto. But I do have some old used cartos I can practice more on.

When I punched the Fusion with two holes, I don't know what happened because it didn't suck up any of the juice from the tank. Then again, it might have been the type of juice I use. Been having problems with Lemonade. Any of my cartos just don't want to vaporize it and it's 100% PG.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• cartopunch.jpg
    cartopunch.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 13

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I do have a carto punch, I think I got it from there, too. I'm not very good at it I believe. Every time I punch a good size hole, it always warps the cartos and I have a hard time getting it into my Smoktek tanks. If I punch two holes, forget it, they're not going in.

I just ordered more Fusions and will try again to make a nice punch. So far I've just been vaping them by themselves. I miss my tanks though.

I did hear that not all Fusions are alike! Then again I also just watched a video that states Boge and Fusions could be the same, too. I dunno. I'm loving these Fusions. I want to try Ikenvapes 510 at some point, too, but so expensive.

Did you mean the punched Fusion cartos are shinier?

Thanks for your help!
If your talking about the Busardo video I know but looks can be deceiving. They are not the same. All Boge did was put a 510 carto on an 801 base trying to make money from naive vapers but Isaac has gone to great lengths to engineer a one and only.
Yes the punch version is more like chrome than the original fusion. They are both great but besides the hole size and the prettier carto I like not having the dimple punching them leaves too. I still punch them when I need to though.

Mark will get you using that punch like a pro. He's helped many people with using them.

This was what I used after I quit using my Dremel.

images

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
The COV punch has a narrower body than mine, which may be why you get a bit more deformation than I do. I came up with my version just because nothing was available at that time (the Siam punch, which is I believe the COV one, wasn't in stock in the US at the time).

If you get the punch I use, it's two turns after initial contact with the body, should wick well. You do have to prime the carto when you first put one in -- wet the top thoroughly, then give it a couple minutes before trying it out. You need that initial eliquid in the carto to set up the wicking from the tank.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
If your talking about the Busardo video I know but looks can be deceiving. They are not the same. All Boge did was put a 510 carto on an 801 base trying to make money from naive vapers but Isaac has gone to great lengths to engineer a one and only.
Yes the punch version is more like chrome than the original fusion. They are both great but besides the hole size and the prettier carto I like not having the dimple punching them leaves too. I still punch them when I need to though.

Mark will get you using that punch like a pro. He's helped many people with using them.

This was what I used after I quit using my Dremel.

images

That's what I've been reading thought at Isaac creating a brand new carto with denser packing.

I like the hammer and nail. I just tried that again, but can't get the nail to stay put!

Well and *that's* why I'm asking when the pre-punched cartos will be back in stock and prettier, too! ^_^

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
The COV punch has a narrower body than mine, which may be why you get a bit more deformation than I do. I came up with my version just because nothing was available at that time (the Siam punch, which is I believe the COV one, wasn't in stock in the US at the time).

If you get the punch I use, it's two turns after initial contact with the body, should wick well. You do have to prime the carto when you first put one in -- wet the top thoroughly, then give it a couple minutes before trying it out. You need that initial eliquid in the carto to set up the wicking from the tank.

Does yours have a smaller opening for the carto to go through where there's less deformation possible? Where can I get more information about your puncher and where to order from if I decide to? I know I saw the ECF article above. I'll go back and read through that again, too.

I was using Smoktek's dual coil pre-punched cartos until they start to suck. I like the idea of the little holes already there with no deformation.

I did order more Fusions w/o the holes so if I want to use them in my tanks, I'll have to punch them trying not to make such a big hole. I think that's my problem, too big of a hole and possibly distorting the inside of the cartos, too.

Thanks for you help!

Edit:
Ooops, just noticed you don't sell them but tell us how to make them!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I sent you a link for it. I don't know if it has less wiggle room than cov, but do know that it has very little wiggle. I sized the hub just barely larger than carto diameter, and the body is wide enough (along the carto length) to really maintain the carto shape properly.

Dragunlady

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
United States
I sent you a link for it. I don't know if it has less wiggle room than cov, but do know that it has very little wiggle. I sized the hub just barely larger than carto diameter, and the body is wide enough (along the carto length) to really maintain the carto shape properly.

Thanks for the info, Mark!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
A lot of people have had great success with Marks. The Awl I use has a point on it like an ice pick so I just pierce the tube then work it bigger by hand. I used to own a body shop in my younger days so I'm pretty good with metal. If I were to get a punch I would go with Marks because of all the people saying how good they work.
I'll use the Fusion punch from now on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread