Frustrated Noob needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyQ

Feb 3, 2010
PA
Last week I ordered Blu. The website said the black was backordered, so I ordered white. I wait 6 days and my order wasn't even processed yet...so I contact customer service. They then tell me the black is in stock now but the white is backordered and they don't know when they will be back. I ask to switch to Black, and they refuse. I cancelled the order. The customer service rep was polite but the actual service was horrible!

So now I need to find something else. I have tried reading up but there is so much here it's overwhelming. Basically, I am a light smoker, 3-5 a day. I would like an e-cig that does not use a push button to take a hit, and one that is fairly small - some of the ones I've seen online seem very long, and I would prefer a size close to an regular analog (100s are too long for my short fingers.) I don't have a lot of money to spend up front. I had been planning to use dipping for the Blu. Can someone give me a good recommendation?

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
HArley Q - the manual (push button) type are usually more reliable than the autos and on most of them the button is in a place you would 'naturally' put your finger while holding hte PV anyway. Don't dismiss the manual because you think it might be a hassle - it really isn't and has a shorter learning curve than an auto.

HarleyQ

Feb 3, 2010
PA
This is probably going to sound silly to some...but generally guys hold their cigs different than women. The push button seems to favor a male overhand hold, right? As opposed to a V-hold.

I'm trying to give up analogs. I've done the gum, and realized the nicotine is not at all the big part of addiction for me. The physical act of smoking is what I keep going back to, so that's why I want to vape in a way that is most like how I actually smoke.

wave42

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New Mexico
The physical act of smoking is what I keep going back to, so that's why I want to vape in a way that is most like how I actually smoke.

I've used both auto and manual batteries. The length of the ecig and the type of battery in the end aren't going to be nearly as important as the way it performs. By that, I mean does it feel like you're smoking?

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
This is probably going to sound silly to some...but generally guys hold their cigs different than women. The push button seems to favor a male overhand hold, right? As opposed to a V-hold.

I'm trying to give up analogs. I've done the gum, and realized the nicotine is not at all the big part of addiction for me. The physical act of smoking is what I keep going back to, so that's why I want to vape in a way that is most like how I actually smoke.
hmmmm, I never thought of that, it's true I hold mine like you would hold a pipe but overhand instead of underhand with the button on the bottom.

Anyway as far as the topic goes I still say try a 510 from cignot and just get an automatic battery.

The no box starter kit is $35 and really it's not that big.

They have the white and black in auto.

Joye 510 NO BOX

Joben

Feb 4, 2010
california
I too have used both manual and auto batteries. With the auto batteries, i found it to be more difficult to get a good amount of vapor into my mouth before inhaling. therefore it didn't feel like smoking (no throat hit). With a manual battery, I can hold it down to let the vapor build before dragging it into my mouth. So I think if your going for the feel of it, or the throat hit, you can control that more with a manual battery.

Also, if your looking for shorter devices, I would think you would run into battery life issues. smaller battery less vape time before recharge no?

Lastly, the color issue. If you are concerned about color, check out the joye 510. It has a much larger selection in color(more than black and white)...as well as light color. They also make a charging case for it like the blu.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)

I'm not a man, a very girly girl actually and I hold it that way because it the most comfortable. PVs are heavier than ciggies and you can't hold them exactly the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread