Bad Blu Buying Bonanza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ea87

Dec 21, 2009
New York City
First Post!!!

Contrary to the advice of many of the people who post on these forums, I ordered a Blu starter kit a few days ago. Low and behold, They aren't shipping out black kits until the first week of January at the earliest. And of course it took a great deal of debating with their customer service rep before they would admit to this. So I canceled my order and am waiting on the Volcano that I just ordered. Wish me luck!

I ordered some juice from liberty flights so I'm going to try refilling my carts too. Any vaping tips for a noob?

-Ea

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
First Post!!!

Contrary to the advice of many of the people who post on these forums, I ordered a Blu starter kit a few days ago. Low and behold, They aren't shipping out black kits until the first week of January at the earliest. And of course it took a great deal of debating with their customer service rep before they would admit to this. So I canceled my order and am waiting on the Volcano that I just ordered. Wish me luck!

I ordered some juice from liberty flights so I'm going to try refilling my carts too. Any vaping tips for a noob?

-Ea
Maybe a bit harsh, but If you're not going to listen to the advice offered by people on the forum, don't expect people to keep offering it.
Volcano is the same as blue, and the performance of both is weak, when compared to other models. Perhaps you'll love it. I hope so.

The best thing you can do is educate yourself. Start by reading http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/36180-wonderful-world-vaping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-parts-1-through-6-a.html.

After that you can find the answers to many specific questions by reading through the FAQ. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ed-questions-about-electronic-cigarettes.html

Ea87

Dec 21, 2009
New York City
Maybe a bit harsh, but If you're not going to listen to the advice offered by people on the forum, don't expect people to keep offering it.
Volcano is the same as blue, and the performance of both is weak, when compared to other models. Perhaps you'll love it. I hope so.

/quote]

Perhaps I worded my issue poorly. I had ordered the blu before I read the multiple poor reviews regarding it. What I learned after was a bit of a wake up call. As for the Volcano, I ordered it since it has the aspects that I liked in the blu minus the shipping/customer service issues. While I am aware that the L88b is not one of the better models for long term use, I have read that it is a good starter e-cig and the price seemed to be a reasonable investment for a new vaper like myself. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. I will look into the forums that you have linked and take the info to heart. Have an enjoyable holiday season.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California

/quote]

Perhaps I worded my issue poorly. I had ordered the blu before I read the multiple poor reviews regarding it. What I learned after was a bit of a wake up call. As for the Volcano, I ordered it since it has the aspects that I liked in the blu minus the shipping/customer service issues. While I am aware that the L88b is not one of the better models for long term use, I have read that it is a good starter e-cig and the price seemed to be a reasonable investment for a new vaper like myself. Thank you for the constructive criticism though. I will look into the forums that you have linked and take the info to heart. Have an enjoyable holiday season.

Thanks for the clarification, that makes much more sense. Another victim of blu's incredible marketing campaign. Those dam Blu ad banners are all over the freaking net. And their web site definitely hits some powerful emotional buttons to help steer you towards buying their product. That's how I actually found this forum. I was all ready to buy a blu kit, but then did some quick googling, and thankfully found out how weak the blu e-cig really is compared to others, and also how bad the company is.

Anyway, hope you love the Volcano. You can find plenty of helpful things about it on the forum. Just use the search function in the top tool bar, or the forum google search feature at the bottom left corner of each and every forum page.

Also, the threads I linked to are really a must read for anyone who uses, or plans on using a pv. The first link, is actually a very enjoyable read that will have you smiling many times as you read it. But it's also loaded with good info that will make your ecig experience a better one.
Happy holidays :)

Kilroy

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I don't know your smoking habits, but the L88b is a very light device. I can get a little satisfaction by dripping to the atomizer but other than that, it might as well be a soda straw. It was my 510, and 901 and 702 that got me off tobacco. I'm sure that I'll find a use for the L88b when I've recovered a bit more. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread