• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

From a fellow okie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
So my ego came in today and my grape juice. I dunno if it's the new Artie or juice but it taste horrible. Hopefully my vapor kings order comes in today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely you did, but if the atty was new did you blow out the primer?

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Maybe it's a combination of the new atty and the grape flavor. I know when I put watermelon in a new atty it isn't the most pleasant taste. I haven't tried an LR atty yet. You will get the hang of it all, it just takes time and patience :) It took me a few months to get all the kinks out...LOL

simba

Feb 16, 2009
Yukon, OK
I know this has been tried before, but thought I'd throw it out there again. Let's plan a get together in OKC and bring our e-cigs. So far I love my tornado-T. So much easier, no constant filling or dripping and the battery lasts, and great vapor. I just hope it keeps up because I've only been using it 4 days. I still need to find a really really good juice though. What I've got is just okay.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I know this has been tried before, but thought I'd throw it out there again. Let's plan a get together in OKC and bring our e-cigs. So far I love my tornado-T. So much easier, no constant filling or dripping and the battery lasts, and great vapor. I just hope it keeps up because I've only been using it 4 days. I still need to find a really really good juice though. What I've got is just okay.

I've been trying for 2 and a half years! Good Luck!

simba

Feb 16, 2009
Yukon, OK
I'm using Totally Wicked 36mg. Tried many flavors and without flavors. Also I bought some from the cigarette store in Yukon. They don't give a strength, just high, med, and low. As a matter of fact, they don't know much about e-cigs at all. They do sell them though. Also I've also tried Johnson Creek 24mg, liked their vanilla the best. I just ordered from BWB and it should be here Monday. As far as meeting, maybe something like the same day and time every month. Some things just take time and persistence.

Yukon? Wow. Ok, so where is this place? I might run by there and see what they have. I'm an impatient sort sometimes (and a tad frugal) so a 1.00 worth of gas and a 20 minute drive beats 4.15 for shipping and a day's wait in my head! I'm still sold on Alien Visions and VapeSafe but my experience is limited as to vendors. I was thinking about adding a caramel flavor to mix with Alien Visions Apple Teaser to get a 'Caramel Apple' concoction. I've got a peach brandy flavor going right now which isn't too bad. Vanilla sounds pretty tasty too. Saturdays would almost always work for me.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Hi ......... Steve if you just want some local flavors . just try some of the baking supply stores & get Loanns Oils ,and add to your juices ...just a few drops ..the more you add the more you dilute your nic content ...you don't need much tho.

And on juices ... I have not tried AV yet , but I too love VapeSafe ....I have ordered from Gourmet Vapor a few times now & like their stuff too.
I am DIY'ing most of my juice now & buy my nic base from them too.

Last edited:

simba

Feb 16, 2009
Yukon, OK
Steve- The name of the store is called Cigarette's for Less on 1121 S. Ranchwood Blvd. I bought one of their e-cigs -- wasn't that great, but I love my tornado-T. They also sell parts. He also sells the throw-away kind. They couldn't tell me what kind it is though and on their juice they couldn't tell me if it is pg or vg or even the mg's. He said some guy came by selling the stuff and set up a glass display and juice stock. He keeps the juice behind the counter. I got one 5ml bottle in High Strawberry. I would guess it's pg with about 11mg to 18mg strength. That's a guess. Those people could use some knowledge on this stuff if they're going to sell it. If you go by, let me know how it goes.

switchbox

Jan 15, 2011
oklahoma
I called them the other day. I don't know the rules on discussing the prices publicly so... I will say you can find it cheaper online. But it would get you out of a pinch. He seemed like they had a good number of flavors, and said he should be getting a new shipment today.

As for a meet I'm game as long as I can get free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curiosity got the better of me so I took a long lunch and drove to Yukon. I picked up a 15ml bottle of Vanilla "High Strength" and loaded up the pass-through in the car. I must say that it is a very mellow juice with a light flavor and aroma; I kinda like it. There are 3 reseller locations in/near Oklahoma City for AddisonECig.com:

Cigarettes for Less #4
1121 S. Rachwood Blvd
Yukon, OK, 73099

Cigarettes for Less #3
6165 N. May Ave. Suite C
Oklahoma City, OK, 73112

Pipe Dremz Smoke Shop
107 S Sooner Rd.
Oklahoma City, OK, 73110

The May Ave. shop is closer to me so I'll check it out as well. The Yukon store had kits and parts. To me they looked like M402-type ecigs and atomizers. I spent 17.37 for the bottle of juice and, yes, you can get it cheaper online but by the time you add the shipping costs it works out about the same :)

P.S. The Vanilla ejuice I purchased (label) Ingredients: USP Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Flavors, Artificial Flavors, Distilled Water, Alcohol. All ingredients are food grade.

Last edited:
It was a 15ml bottle. I would have tried another flavor but I've got some Boba's Bounty, Caramel Kicker and Apollo's Apple coming in tomorrow so I'll be good for a while. The owner (Nice lady. I guess she was the owner) gave me a card and said that if I wanted a particular flavor she could order it for me although they had quite a selection already. I know for sure they have Marlboro, Mango, and Vanilla in the 15ml size and Lemon, Orange, Strawberry, Vanilla, Tobacco, Mango, Banana, Chocolate and Cherry in what looked like 3ml sample bottles. The price for the 3ml bottles was 5 something.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
HI guys ...nice find steve ...

..but OMGOSH !! You guys need to learn how to DIY ...

if we ever get a get-together together ...I can show you guys how easy it is .

I just went thru the numbers ...2x.... & my DIY Juice costs me about 10 - 12 cents a ml w/the stuff I use now & if I bought the flavoring in bulk I could get it down to about 5 - 7 cents a ml ......... nice mark up on that stuff ! There is lots more involved ie: TIME... recipes, bottles, labels etc. but WOW !

On a side note , I got a ego-T atty & tanks today & IT is pretty cool ...using it on my riva & it is working great ! Sucking down the Juice tho, but hey .........guess I'm lucky I'm using CHEAP JUICE !!! :lol:

Stay warm everyone !!!

Hmmm...well DIY sounds like a good way to go. I might look into it later if I stick with this. Right now I'm a little annoyed with batteries and atomizers going suddenly dead on me and with brand-new cartomizers that are DOA. I had a 5-pack of KR cartomizers and 3 out of those were crap! I've got 1 more KR808 battery so I'm looking for a better alternative and open to suggestions. I don't mind paying the $ for quality equipment and was actually considering a Golden Greek from VaporKings until he made the announcement that he wasn't going to sell them anymore due to the high maintenance involved. Things like that are making me wonder about this whole venture...Sorry for the rant :(

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
Well, I try lots of stuff, but I always end up going back to my Prodigy V3. And the V2, actually. Those are my #1 and #2.

My gripe is with the darn HV cartomizers. I have tried several brands and several configs (510, 801, 808, 901) but most of them seem to clog up long before they die. And boiling them out hasn't worked. I have just resigned myself to using them for a few days and tossing them.

I ordered some of that new type that is supposed to have a ceramic bowl instead of the fluff inside, but I don't think they shipped what I ordered, because I was supposed to inject liquid into two little holes. Trouble is... they didn't *have* the two little holes, so I ended up dripping into them just like regular ones. And they're leaky.

Anyway, what I do best with is my V3 at 6volts with the HV cartomizers from Drew, or else my V2, which comes in more like 5 volts, also with those same cartomizers. (You can also use the V3 at 3.7 volts if you buy the alternate battery, and then use the LV cartomizers or atomizers, and I do that sometimes, too. Especially if I am out of the house, because then my battery lasts longer.)

Does this help?

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I have not gotten to mods yet ........ but I am enjoying the big batt rung of the vaping ladder at this time :lol:

Having the bigger battery is just too cool !
compared to the constant batt switching I was doing with the 808's & 401's, even tho I still like those.

It is hard to beat these RIVA batts (not counting mods) ,the last 8weeks or so I have been using the Mega carto's on the riva's ,they are wonderful when they work, I have used 6 of 8 that I ordered , my fastest death was @ 8 days ,my longest was retired @ 28 days! these guys are supposed to be used for 2-3 days then thrown away, so I got my $$ worth.

But this new ego-T atty & tank on the RIVA is just amazing so far (30 hrs & 6-8 tanks in)

IT JUST WORKS :shock:
So easy to use, just fill the tank when needed & you can SEE when needed ! very cool !

I went the cheap way out, liberty flights, riva kit $29.95 & ego-t atty & tanks about $20 . pretty slick lookin' in the stainless finish w/blue tank....I really want the blue set from cignot's but waaa $80 decided to try this way 1st to make sure I liked em'..........and I think I DO!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread