Free Gum, patches and support for quiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
In the state of Florida, they want you to stop smoking so bad that they will offer Gum, patches and a support line for quitting smoking.
www.tobaccofreeflorida.com
1-877-U-CAN NOW

Personally I havn't made the leap yet, I think it is because the nicotine ejuice is 'missing something' that smoking from a cigar/cig provides. If I were to go on the patch or use the gum would that fill in the 'something missing-ness' that ejuice doesn't have or is the patch and gum the same as ejuice? (being that its only nicotine) I know some people use snuff to provide that missing element but thats not really quiting tobacco regardless if its smokeless :\

DWTaylor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
South Dakota
datsvaper.com
Most states do this as well. I am not sure of the numbers for CO, NE or SD the places I have lived in the last 6 years, but I know they all have them. I personal have used everything other the stuff ya have to get from the Doc.
I am not sure what your meaning by it is missing something but I am sure if you knew you would let us know. When I used the gum and patches, the something missing was the hand to mouth action. I have remember "packing" the gum before opening just like a pack of smokes.
I think a lot of us here have tried them as well and just didn't get what we needed. If you go that route good luck, and if you use your PV make sure your using 0 nic.
Keep us updated on how it works for you.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
okay thanks btw. I will find some threads related to the 'something missing' thing here on EFC. I know some people know what I am referring to, people are saying that there is medical research saying something along the lines of MAOI binding giving the satisfaction of smoking nicotine that ejuice doesn't have. But yes the reason why I have to e-cig is to sort of emulate the act of smoking

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
okay thanks btw. I will find some threads related to the 'something missing' thing here on EFC. I know some people know what I am referring to, people are saying that there is medical research saying something along the lines of MAOI binding giving the satisfaction of smoking nicotine that ejuice doesn't have. But yes the reason why I have to e-cig is to sort of emulate the act of smoking

I know what you mean (something missing) but that passes. It could have been one of the other 3,999 chemicals in analogs that we had/are having a withdrawal from. There have been moments I thought hard and long about a cigarette, managed to pass it up and as time has gone by it does get easier. Those thoughts of a cig rarely pop into my mind anymore. I hope the same pattern will be true for you as well.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/70761-e-cig-nrt.html#post1046356
If you're not able to quench the crave or you feel you're missing something and you're nic is high enough, it's probably the alkaloids in tobacco you're needing. For this reason, many vapers have started using Swedish snus to fill the void and kick cigarettes completely. Many studyies have been done over the long history of Swedish snus and to date hasn't been linked to any adverse health effects associated with smoking or other types of tobacco. This isn't chew or dip and spitting isn't required, it's very discrete and many ladies have taken to it. It may be worth considering a trial to see if it helps you .

ajmoore- Ill make the leap monday morning.

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com

GlindaW

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
South Florida
GOOD LUCK :) i've been vaping since october and haven't completely made the leap, but down from two packs a day to one pack a week...in my own time...stress free...priceless.

Maureen

Maureen,

That is exactly the way I did it. I started vaping in July. At first I was still smoking 10-15 a day, then 5-10, then about 5 a day for quite a while. Then I decided I just needed that first one in the morning… Then on Thanksgiving morning after having my morning cigarette, I realized I only had a few left and I didn't want to be bothered running out to the store or spend $6.59 for a pack. It's been almost three months now since I have had a cigarette. It happened gradually. Vaping started tasting better and cigarettes started losing thier appeal. I had tried it all - patches, gum, the nicorette inhaler… this was truly stress free and painless. And after 32 years of smoking, I'm free. :D

OneAsia

Moved On
Feb 23, 2010
manila
www.want2quitsmoking.com
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread