Found a wood pipe with a side switch cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

photogf4

May 7, 2013
VA
IMAG0443.jpg

Just got this last Friday from Vapor Girl - it's called the "Sherlock". She claims it to be exclusive (I couldn't find it anywhere else), and it was less than $70. It's back up to $80 now. Really nice wood (walnut?) with a side switch. the jewel on the side in the photo is an illuminated "clicky" that turns the pipe off and on with 5 clicks. It has a 10-second cutoff. Out of the box the pipe comes with a top for the battery that has a horribly ugly red jewel on it, but I went to Lowe's and found a 7/8 in. "Metal Hole Plug", bent the spring pins out a bit, and popped it in. I can remove it with a fingernail. You may need a nipple top 18350 with this one although it comes with two 900 mah batteries which work well. It also comes with the stand and an older style 510 charger.

The tank is an Anyvape Davide Mini. I find it superior to the Protank mini. All, and I mean all, ego-style and 510 tanks work with this pipe. The stem is a Walker Vape Stems "Nosewarmer Bent" with a CherryVape adapter. This rig works well, is VERY well made, and is WOOD. Finally, a pipe with a side switch! The switch should be over the stem though, for ambidextrous use. I can deal with the jewel on the side switch, but the jeweled screw top HAD TO GO. The jewel is epoxied into the ring, so there is no chance of replacement. If you put a larger tank like a Protank 2 on this it will fall off the stand, as the tank is too heavy.

Last edited:

photogf4

May 7, 2013
VA
The side switch works great. Nothing to protect it from auto-firing except the 10-second cutoff - it has a typical Chinese circuit in it. It is a lighted jewel, kinda funky, but it is small enough to not be noticeable when it lights blue, and works OK with either hand. Two things in an update - This pipe is regulated to an output of 3.7 volts ONLY, and flashes 10 times when your battery ist kaput. My batteries usually put out around 4.2 to start, and get kinda sketchy as to vapor volume when they get to 3.7 or 3.6. I am using an AnyVape Mini Davide on there with a 1.8 coil, and it can be run to the bottom, even with a vape stem. The other BIG thing is that you can get these pipes from Fasttech.com for about $45 now, except for the wood one that I have. I have said this in other posts - get a 7/8ths "metal hole plug" in the hardware aisle at Lowe's or your favorite hardware store, and replace the jewel top with it. Bend one pin over to clear the swing arm for the battery.

The one in the middle is the Smoktech Pioneer. I loved it at first, but I dropped it and it hasn't been the same since. Had all sorts of fiddly problems as well - the lock ring locked, the firing magnet inside the switch let go, and for some reason it just doesn't hold battery charge as long as the Smok Chrome pictured third from the left. Nether does my new Epipemod, and I suspect it is a magnetic field thing, but I am waiting for some thoughts in another post. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread