First day completely analog free, I can do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linden

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan,USA
About me: smoked since the age of 14. Mainly a closet smoker...now 35. Very emotionally attached to cigarettes. Have tried to quit many many MANY times and began to think I would be stuck with it for life. Working in healthcare, I know all too well that I couldn't not expect to have a good quality of life for many more years.

What a completely desolating thought. So trapped. And feeling very weak for being unable to kick this 'habit' (what a mild word for something that has consumed me for so long).

As a side note, my mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and I could not even quit then. I just felt worse about it which made me smoke more etc etc.

About a year ago, I heard about e-cigs. I was immediately curious and hopeful. I am not sure why it gave me a spark of hope, but it did. I looked at some forums, found out about the Janty and a few others and went to the online stores....sold out. Sold out...out of stock. And what is all of this about e-liquids? and atty's and on and on. What WAS all of this stuff? lol. Completely frustrated at this point, I had a cigarette and told myself i would come back to it later. Shortly after that, I heard that the FDA was seizing E-cigs and juice that was shipped from China. "Well," I thought "thats that, too bad."

2 weeks ago, and online friend told me he had ordered an e-cig online and really liked it. I was immediately getting all of the information I could from him. 5 minutes later I was ordering and 2 days later my (V4L) VaporKing Batts, cartomizers and chargers arrived.
At that point I had been smoking 1/2 pack a day for 15 years (prior to that it was just when I could snag them! hehe)
Not knowing any better, I got 4mg carts. Yeah...that didn't work so well. So I ordered 24 mg and WOW WOW WOW!~ For the past week I have had 2-4 analogs a day. And I didn't really want them, I was probably just nervous to NOT have them. Hard to explain. Maybe you understand.

Today, I did not buy a new pack of cigarettes and i am doing JUST FINE. vaping like mad but I really feel great. The 24mg VG are a bit harsh so I have ordered some 18mg hoping they will give adequate TH (see? I am even learning the lingo!) I even bought some juice and plan to refill some of these carts just to make them last longer.

I love vaping, and I truly believe it may have saved my life. I just wish they had been around a long time ago for my mom. And if the FDA lays their grimy fingers on my right to vape I may cry!

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Hey Linden, Congrats on skipping some analog smokes! I was able to quit with vaping, and I just love it. I still have a pack of cigs tucked away in a cupboard, but they've been there 5 months now untouched, and I think I'm ready to toss them out!
I also hope they don't restrict our e-juices. Some of us would have never been able to switch without them.
Take Care

Louie the Rat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Stroudsburg PA.
For the past week I have had 2-4 analogs a day. And I didn't really want them, I was probably just nervous to NOT have them. Hard to explain. Maybe you understand.
I understand completely on my 3rd day vaping and still sneaking a few analogs, I can't explain it ether. Maybe some of us just have to ease into it.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Yes you can do it I was a 1to 2 pack a day got my ego t one month ago last night was at 2packs day when I got it in the first two weeks I had 5 analogs last one taste like sh** haven't had on since like the vapor better now. This is the taste the feeling that I need now. I don't know the kit you got but I can say from my experience if it doesn't work for you try another kind I had to. Love what I have now even tho am shopping for a mod at the moment. Again congrats hope it works for you as well as it has for me

Nev

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I am still smoking a few analogs, probably for the same reasons you stated. I have about 8 packs left and figure they will last me six months at this rate LOL But it seems that now I "want" them rather than need them. And I light them up and take a few puffs and put them out....

We all get there when we get there and CONGRATS. It's not always an easy thing!

Silversmyth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Indiana
Welcome Linden !!!

Yes --you CAN do it:)
I started around 12 or 13 years old--47 years ago.
As high as 3 packs aday--mostly 1-2 aday last 20 years or so
Tried it ALL(more than once) to quit over the many years--nothing worked.
This is best I have ever done -not 1 smoke since new years EVE :)
Still get the (I NEED ONE FITS)--BUT just Vape my old ... off when it hits :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I think 18mg on a V4L will give enough TH for you. V4L gives a nice warm drag, especially with those WOW carts which are slightly lower resistance. I think I prefer the vapor of the Coolcarts but the WOW flavors. So I buy blank Coolcarts and a few prefilled WOW flavors I like and some WOW juice (WOWbacco for me - dark dark chocolate tobacco)

You might enjoy using a drip-tip as a mouthpiece on the cartos - I don't drip juice into it - too much chance of it going down the central air channel, but it's easy to remove for adding juice and it makes a nice cool mouthpiece. LiteCigUSA.net sells clear colored plastic drip tips for 510/901/KR808D-1 and delrin too when in stock. I don't use metal ones on cartos.

Note - if you got auto batteries, be especially careful when adding juice to cartos since autos are dependent on the drag sensor in the threaded end. Always remove the carto when adding jucie and make sure it is not going to drip and is clean and dry on the threaded end. I also puff into the threaded end to clear any juice out of the air channel (you should be able to see light through it) and I sop up any loose juice above the stuffing.

And wipe off the end of your battery before putting it in the charger. Even a thin film of dried juice can inhibit charging, transfer into the charger, etc.

I love my Vapor4Life. It's a KRR808D-1 model and you can use blank standard resistance cartos from elsewhere too.

Last edited:

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Welcome to the club man! This is the longest I've been without regular ciggs and I can certainly imagine making it a valid substiture, while there are people, like my grandma who has smoked for 50 years, that use these e-cigs to quit entirely. She's not there yet, but she uses the PV less and less as time goes on.
Even if you don't quit, and decide to vape instead of smoke, you're much better off health wise. Congrats and good luck! If you ever need advise, product recommendations, or troubleshooting, you know where to go, but I remember a month ago when I said the exact same thing. "I like this, who needs cigs anyway?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread