• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Finally got my eGo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I am a little surprised how small it really is!

Got it from TW, and it didn't arrive ready-to-go. The battery was near fully-charged, but the threads weren't properly pressed into the cone, and therefore wouldn't screw into the battery with the atomizer attached.

After a little tinkering (and some channel-locks), I was able to get it to fit, not perfectly, but it gets the job done.

does anyone else feel like the cone needs a hole in it for air-flow (ala 901 atties)?

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hi,
Glad you got your Tornado. (not eGo)LOL
The reason for the cone is not to allow that much air into the atty, but you can turn the cone (1/4 to 1/2 turn) so as to get the amount of airfloe you desire.
If you had a hard time getting the cone on, I wouldn't use channel loks to turn it. You might damage the cone.
The cone should go on (even when new) easy and if it doesn't, try to look into the cone/atty from the mouth pc side and see how the atty is bent a little. Just have to bend it (atty) towards the side of the cone that looks like there is space at. Very gently though.. This happens due to the middle part on the atty (at the screw area) (post in middle) isn't true to the hole (slightly chockeyed) or not flat.
The cone is easy to take off then too.
Hope you enjoy ur new Tornado and happy vaping!!!
Stu

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Thanks Stu! EGO, TORNADO... same difference right!? Well, except that mine has a devil on it. I don't really love all the rebranding that goes on with e-cigs (it just tends to add to the confusion), and will still call it an ego, i don't give a darn what TW calls it.

The problem with the cone was that the threads weren't properly pressed into the cone. I used the channel locks not to turn it, but to squeeze the threads into place (like a vice).

Further info is available here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/totally-wicked-e-liquid/79705-tornado-issue.html

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
yeah... i could have explained it better in the first place.

as far as the threads being cut in, and not pressed... i have found otherwise, at least on my unit, it is very clear that the threads and the cone are 2 separate pieces. although, i must admit, i would prefer it your way Stu. perhaps there are multiple designs? it is after all, a relatively new device, maybe they are making changes as we speak... all-in-all, i wouldn't trust china for consistency any further than i could throw them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread