Finally Figured Out How To Properly Use Bottom Coil Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute post. :) I've got to say though that cartos must have come a looooong way since I last used them, because they were nothing if not consistently inconsistent back then. ;) Of course, when I was buying them it was those or the atomizers that you had to use coffee stirrers or fluval or pyramid teabags with to get them to work correctly. Needless to say, I went to dripping I was so frustrated. Three. Drops. Every. Few. Minutes. :p

As for the protanks, I just removed the silicon cap off the center and now get a perfect hit each time with no leaking. *shrug* Funny how each person has a different experience.

I do the same exact thing with my Protanks and they've all been vaping perfecting ever since.

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
IMG_20131127_210726.jpg Yep the one quick not even technical fix and never had a leak either but if you worry you could just cut the hanging part off with scissors.

bcalvanese

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2012
Pennsylvania
As for the protanks, I just removed the silicon cap off the center and now get a perfect hit each time with no leaking. *shrug* Funny how each person has a different experience.

I tried this on one of the Protank II's last night and it seems to be working. AMAZING!!!

I'm gonna try it on one of the Davides today.

Good thing I didn't realy throw all the other parts away...:)

Thank you very much.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I also tried every method I saw, or could think of, in an attempt to get a satisfying consistent vape with bottom coiled units.
I always went back to the cartos. Even with their inherent unreliability they were still the only device i could get the results I wanted.
Then I purchased a Aspire BDC and that all changed. No removing any parts or trimming anything. Just fill it and enjoy!
I still have a bunch of cartos so I still alternate with them but the BDC was a game changer for me.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
Ok, there is a blog post I made since I was posting the same stuff over and over about rebuilding Protank Mini heads, its my only blog post so far, so clicky the 1 on the left here << and it will take you to some info.

In short I got a few tools and a big honking magnifying glass so I could see what im doing and some wire/cvs sterile cotton balls and have had a very decent time vaping with that.

I do get afew gurgles, but I am still new to doing this, so thats to be expected I think. I might need to adjust the amount of cotton Im using (a little more than the needle thin amounts im threading thru the coils).

But, overall its been a far better vape experience, since the stock Kanger heads kinda suck. They are nice for about 5 days and then they really go sour fast.

I do use the silicon gasket thats on the Kanger head, but I flip em upside down..someone mentioned that in the forums here. Might just dump them completely (wash and store em, not throwing anything away).

jotook24tovaip

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas Tx. USA
Even better elfy.
For the starter of this forum. ...bcalvanese...
I just opened a 1.8 dual coil pre punched smok carto and took the painstaking (to me) time of doing 1-2 drops at a time every 10 seconds or so till I got to 15 put it in my clear tank filled it about half started pulling a few puffs and flooded it! I emptied the tank and vaped the carto for a few minutes and got some pretty nice vape. I am using it kind of like a dripper and it does alright. I don't think I'll switch but I had to give it another try. Enjoy all! Hope you here in America Vapers enjoyed your holiday Buuurrrrp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread