Few questions before ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Tax refund is here and I've decided to order a Provari after a lot of consideration. There's just a few questions I have before ordering so I make sure I'm happy with what I get.

1. Is the v2.0 the same as 2.5 other than appearance? I much prefer the looks of the 2.0 in black vs the 2.5.

2. Are the batteries and charger sold by provape reliable? I see a lot of people recommend ordering these from RTD Vapor but if it's just to save a few bucks I'd rather just order everything in one package from Provape.

3. Why so much hate for the red display? Seems like almost all I see are blue or green, is the red display not good? Personally my choice would be the black v2.0 with red display.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

LV SuzyQ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi b! Wow you did your taxes already? Good job ! Oh anyway v2 vs v2.5 is cosmetic only. There were complaints about the logo wearing off so it is now engraved in not just printed on. So get whatever design you like. :) if you look in clearance section you can save up to 40 dollars on blemished models ( brand new but with slight blem ) usually so small most who got one can't even find the blemish. As far as batteries and such I just buy it all on provape ( yes you might save a few bucks elsewhere but too much hassle for me ) I just ordered my second mini and I'm so excited. Gl!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
1. Suzy covered this one -- internals are the same on 2.0 and 2.5

2. Batteries and charger are the same you can get from RTD. You can just save a couple bucks at RTD.

3. No idea why the hate for the red. I ordered the blue because I thought it was pretty. The red is really bright, apparently. I try to stay away from anything that glows red on my PVs, personally.

Congrats, hope you enjoy!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My ECF buddy elmattias has two Provari's, one with red LED and one with the blue. He stated that he much preferred the blue (easier on the eyes) and that the red was a little harsh on the eyes but could be seen in bright sunlight better. One man's opinion, if I can speak in his absence.

If you watch PBusardo's video review of the Provari v2 on YouTube, he does show the red LED screen quite a bit during the review. I know his camera resolution can cloud the video quality, but it will allow you to actually see the red LED for yourself. Hope that helps.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Yeah, I did my taxes a little earlier then usual this year only to find out they didn't start processing refunds until Jan 31st lol. E-file + direct deposit = a pretty quick refund though.

Thanks for the replies, good to know v2 is the same. I was also looking at getting a blemished, see so many say they don't even notice it.

As for the red display, I don't think I would mind it being a little brighter. I've always been a sucker for the black and red combination. If it is too bright though maybe I could just throw some window tint over it lol. I will check PBusardo's review as well.

Thanks again for the replies. Looks like I'll be ordering the blemished v2 black with red display, batteries, and charger from Provape here shortly. :)

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Get a sysmax I4 or I2 charger. it's the .....

Are there any benefits to using that charger over the one sold by provape? I did do a quick search and saw that it can also recharge just about any round battery. However I already have 2 AAA AA recharge's and those are only needed maybe once every few months. It may be something I would look into down the road though.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
1 yes
2 yes
and i actually prefer the red display for full sunlight, it was first so is considered old hat now thats all.
That's a good point about the red display. One thing I hate about my cell phone is it's really hard to see the screen when it's bright outside.

I think I'm ready to order then. So far I'm looking at the v2.0 black w/red display (blemish), 3 18490's, charger, and thread lube. Now to decide what to put on top of it. :)

Tookiedoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Elgin, SC
Are there any benefits to using that charger over the one sold by provape? I did do a quick search and saw that it can also recharge just about any round battery. However I already have 2 AAA AA recharge's and those are only needed maybe once every few months. It may be something I would look into down the road though.

I have a sysmax I4, and love it. I think it's comparable to the more expensive pila charger, in terms of quality, charging, monitoring, etc., but I got one from Amazon for about $26 with free shipping vs. $45 for the pila. I figured that since I was going to be buying high quality batteries, I wanted a high quality charger, and the sysmax I4 fit the bil perfectly in my opinion.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
I have a sysmax I4, and love it. I think it's comparable to the more expensive pila charger, in terms of quality, charging, monitoring, etc., but I got one from Amazon for about $26 with free shipping vs. $45 for the pila. I figured that since I was going to be buying high quality batteries, I wanted a high quality charger, and the sysmax I4 fit the bil perfectly in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply, I may just grab that from Amazon then since it's only a little more. Then I could at least ditch my other chargers and just have one to rule them all. :)

mrwilliams2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
Greenville, NC
That's a good point about the red display. One thing I hate about my cell phone is it's really hard to see the screen when it's bright outside.

I think I'm ready to order then. So far I'm looking at the v2.0 black w/red display (blemish), 3 18490's, charger, and thread lube. Now to decide what to put on top of it. :)

Hello from Greenville! You can get Noalax at Lowes off of 10th street for about 4 bucks. Its twice that from Provape. I bought a tube last week. I'm also about to pull the trigger on a Provari V2.5. I'm going silver but can't decide what color screen to get.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Hello from Greenville! You can get Noalax at Lowes off of 10th street for about 4 bucks. Its twice that from Provape. I bought a tube last week. I'm also about to pull the trigger on a Provari V2.5. I'm going silver but can't decide what color screen to get.
Nice to see someone else from Greenville here! And thanks for the tip on the Noalax, will definitely take a trip to Lowes. Want to grab some other stuff from there as well and try to make a decent wood stand to keep all my gear organized.

I think the blue would look good with the silver but that's just me. Would be awesome if they made a screen that could change colors though!

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
I use an ego twist 1000mAh at home with an ego mini 400mAh for backup while the twist is charging. At work I carry 2 808 cig-a-likes.

Your Provari will knock your socks off. I just ordered my second, black standard sized with blue LED/Display with the extension. I want the 18650 battery life!

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Yeah, it would be nice if you could choose your screen color on the fly. I didn't see a black blem on the provape site, so you must have got the last one!
Actually I thought I would wait until early mon morning to order since it wouldn't have shipped over the weekend anyway. But yeah, by the time I ordered the blem was out of stock. Still ordered the v2.0 in black with red display though. Also broke down and ordered a pretty sweet looking tank from High Desert Vapes to go with it.

Your Provari will knock your socks off. I just ordered my second, black standard sized with blue LED/Display with the extension. I want the 18650 battery life!
I can't wait for it to get here. Also have some more juice on the way to try it out with. Really looking forward to the Vanilla Carmel Frappuccino from The Plume Room. If it's as good as everyone says it is I'm going to be a happy camper with that sitting in my new tank on a provari. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread