• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech order ... 7 weeks since shipment and still not here !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Do small orders from fasttech go to the US by boat now?

I ordered a 5-pack of Kanger coil heads on 22 Dec 2015. A day later I received an email from fasttech stating that my order had shipped on 23 Dec 2015. The email did say that the order had shipped via International Airmail (tracking number not purchased).

Well, today is 12 Feb 2016 and the small package of coil heads are still not here.

I am thinking that fasttech lied to me and actually sent my package to the US by boat or it must have been lost enroute.

I know for a fact that if the package was sent on an airplane that the flight time from Hong Kong to New York is about 14 hours .... NOT 7 WEEKS! (and I find it hard to believe that it would sit in Customs for a month)

Has anyone here ever had a package from Fasttech take 7 weeks or more?

Thanks,

BTW ... My son in Japan sent me a package before ... From Osaka to S. Florida ... 5 days!

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Do small orders from Fasttech go to the US by boat now?

LBBWOO-300x300.jpg

Tapatyped

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Ahoy there mate, we found your FT order!

boat-on-the-rocks1-2661.jpg

Man, I dont even want to get into my last FT order, I`m expending enough energy explaining it to them as is. Got here in time, but wrong parts, I don`t know how they get this stuff so wrong sometimes. Musta been a Friday.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I've ordered a ton of gear from FT over the past few years with zero problems.

Yes.
If the order is under $20 ish and you opt for the free shipping, they ship it on the slow boat from china.

Chinese New Year probably didn't help any.
The whole country shuts down for a few weeks.

Nex time order $20 worth of stuff, and it'll get to you faster.

My last order took 9 days from FT to SoCal.

Open a ticket and find out how it was shipped.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
If the order is under $20 ish and you opt for the free shipping, they ship it on the slow boat from china.

Chinese New Year probably didn't help any.
The whole country shuts down for a few weeks.

The Chinese New Year should not have effected my order ... Fasttech said that my order shipped back in December (way way before the Chinese Lunar New Year)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
1) never order Below Free shipping with Tracking - $25 (?)
2) If you MUST Order less - Purchase Tracking
3) Lower cost Non-tracking orders are often BOAT - Mail Container and will Arrive by Mail once turned over to the Postal system in delivery country.

Complaining on the Boards about an issue you created isn't going to get the package to you any faster.

Chinese New Year will not slow your order, but it will slow investigation and response time from FASTTECH.

4) Never Spend more than you are willing to lose. ;)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I just received my tiny package of nr-r-nr precoiled wires on 2/11. Ordered 12/2. Three T3XL tanks ordered 12/3 arrived about 2 weeks ago. No rhyme nor reason to it but everything I've ordered (about 12 times) always shows up. Average seems to be about 6 weeks for me.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Lower cost Non-tracking orders are often BOAT

Complaining on the Boards about an issue you created isn't going to get the package to you any faster.

Well, if your right about "lower cost Non-Tracking orders" often go by boat, then all I can say is that Fasttech lied to me ... The email I received stated that the shipment was via International Airmail.

An issue "I created"? All I did was make an internet purchase of an item. When does this become "An issue I created" ?

Complaining? ... I was asking if others here have had Fasttech orders take 7 weeks or more to the US.

You make it sound like this whole deal is somehow my fault ...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I ordered a 5-pack of Kanger coil heads on 22 Dec 2015. A day later I received an email from Fasttech stating that my order had shipped on 23 Dec 2015. The email did say that the order had shipped via International Airmail (tracking number not purchased).

Well, today is 12 Feb 2016 and the small package of coil heads are still not here.

I am thinking that Fasttech lied to me and actually sent my package to the US by boat or it must have been lost enroute.

I know for a fact that if the package was sent on an airplane that the flight time from Hong Kong to New York is about 14 hours .... NOT 7 WEEKS! (and I find it hard to believe that it would sit in Customs for a month)

Thanks,

BTW ... My son in Japan sent me a package before ... From Osaka to S. Florida ... 5 days!

"Has anyone here ever had a package from Fasttech take 7 weeks or more?"
Oh yes; many; lost a couple too; they got lost in venezuela last year, or was it the year before;
Since then I always choose the $1 Swiss post option and get much much better tracking and shipment has usually taken 6 weeks.

Ordered batteries once; took.... awhile.... but I expected that.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
An issue "I created"? All I did was make an internet purchase of an item. When does this become "An issue I created" ?

Complaining? ... I was asking if others here have had Fasttech orders take 7 weeks or more to the US.

Okay, sorry for putting you on the defensive. Getting p.o.'ed at me isn't going to help either.:oops:

Created - Simply - you chose an option that gives you no means of peace of mind.
No tracking for you also means no tracking for them and no tracking for the postal service.<not even sure Airmail is a valid term anymore. in US - First Class>

So.....the Free Air Mail may well travel Free and By Air - but:
Unfortunately, packages shipped as such(Lowest Cost) are at the Mercy of Customs and Couriers, not Fasttech. They will often sit at the Terminals (much like our US Main Mail Centers - bulk) and wait fir Prioritizing. When all more costly shipments have been loaded and space is available, a container may be added.

Created issue prevents any/all parties from confirming location of purchase.
Customer - was it even shipped?
Vendor - Did they receive package?
Service - Did we misplace package?
No trail to follow.

Sad, but Business is business.

I purchased a US shipped Camera - shipped Bulk Mail:grr: (w/tracking)- 5 states away and it Vanished and it Sat in Capitol heights Md, 1.5hrs. away for 45 days. PRIORITIES:glare:

<Complaining? ... I was asking if others here have had Fasttech orders take 7 weeks or more to the US.>

Missed the Directness of the question. Also, since I've been doing business w/China for almost 15yrs. I recognize this as a Transportation industry issue, not a Vendor issue. They are all at the mercy of shippers/regulations/customs/etc.
Box up, Post mark, Hand off.............pray

Hope your stuff arrives in the next few weeks.
Be strong!

Vape safe!:vapor:

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada

I ordered a 5-pack of Kanger coil heads on 22 Dec 2015. A day later I received an email from Fasttech stating that my order had shipped on 23 Dec 2015. The email did say that the order had shipped via International Airmail (tracking number not purchased).

I am thinking that Fasttech lied to me and actually sent my package to the US by boat or it must have been lost enroute.

Thanks,

I experience a long delay with my first order from fasttech using their free shipping but it only cost a buck or two for USPS shipping depending on the cost of your order and is much faster. I usually receive my shipments in two weeks when I pay a little extra for shipping. I think they may use carrier pigeons for their free airmail service :lol:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I realize that the purchase of a tracking number (1.99)takes away from your FT savings and still is no guarantee. But you would at least have an once of proof as if it got there or not.
With all of the post recently on Shipping issues; it's as if we're being discouraged from using online purchases.
Thank Goodness FedX is still reliable; when there an option. From overseas vendors that's not always available though

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread