FastTech Only Selling Items Which Are In Inventory Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilz

Jun 14, 2014
Sauk Village IL
I hope they refunded people as well. But what FT did over the last month doesnt leave me with much hope they did. The staff pretty much vanished the last two weeks, only posting that fasttech's journey had come to an end.
I also question the wisdom of leaving money in gift certificates on sites in another country. The gift certificates were really pushed as a way around paypal restrictions. I used them for that. I bought them and then used them right away. There may have been a penny or two left on them depending on how the extra 3% you got was figured out, but nothing more. In todays world pennies buy you nothing so not a big loss.

Still to me its the end of an era for vaping. The era of cheap vape products in the mail. I have been vaping a long time and now have a decent amount of gear. Im just glad this day didnt happen a few years ago. I was able to stock up each month knowing things were not looking good in the US where I am at.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
the site is down.
i have some small change from an excess of a gift certificate;
i opened a ticket while it was still possible,
and now just opened a case with Paypal since i got no reply from them.

i'm glad i received last week my latest order from them,since they disappeared so quickly without decently making sure to leave not loose ends.

Last edited:

Kilz

Jun 14, 2014
Sauk Village IL
Vaping products were likely a huge part of FT sales. A 47% added tax and restrictions to where vaping products could be sent were likely the biggest blow. The law restricts what can be shipped based on the laws of the country the buyer is in. That would take out selling to the USA, a huge market.
Whats puzzling is that other vape focused sites in china are still in business. Im sure if they tried they would still be there. It might have required some changes, sadly nothing was tried.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Vaping products were likely a huge part of FT sales. A 47% added tax and restrictions to where vaping products could be sent were likely the biggest blow. The law restricts what can be shipped based on the laws of the country the buyer is in. That would take out selling to the USA, a huge market.
Whats puzzling is that other vape focused sites in china are still in business. Im sure if they tried they would still be there. It might have required some changes, sadly nothing was tried.
Thanks, that pretty much straightens out my confusion.

Tor R

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    They are using 'Bonded Warehouse', not sure why fasttech didn't go this route as well.
    What I think, they didn't have the finances to outsource vape gadgets. It is not done in one two three.
    And, if you look a bit market-wise, there are many who are at the start or have already introduced taxes and duties on what goes under nicotine and juice.

So that's my two cents why they chose to close permanently.

Reactions: Nailz

Technonut

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 11, 2010
    East Coast, USA
    According to this article, the days may well be numbered for the other Chinese retailers:

We reached out to well known Chinese based retailers and the outlook was grim, with most of them seeing no positive outcome. “I’m on the lookout for a new job, things are looking bad and we’re losing suppliers left and right. The Government will not listen and this is will get worse from here” said the sales manager of another large online retailer on condition of anonymity

If you don’t know how to use a rebuildable or DIY your flavour, now is the time to learn.................

Tor R

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    It does not come as a surprise to me, the Chinese leadership does not tend to do anything half way.
    Just look at how they have dealt with covid, a couple of cases of infection and shutdown of cities.
    Think about those sums, those who think the vape industry matters to China, forget it, it's peanuts

Kilz

Jun 14, 2014
    Sauk Village IL
    I hope that people in another asian country see an opportunity and open up sites to fill the vacuum.

If you don’t know how to use a rebuildable or DIY your flavour, now is the time to learn.................
    I started vaping when the choice was a rebuildable or a ego tank. RTA's won and now its second nature. More important is to get a rebuildable now while you can if you dont have one. The vape mail ban in the US pushed me into diy juice. I took some of the $600 stimulus money we got in the same bill and bought close to a gallon of 100ml nicotine base. Its now in boston bottles with good caps in my freezer. I now wonder why it took me so long to start making juice. Its easy and there are a lot of resources to help you if you look for them.

Last edited:

Tor R

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I hope that people in another asian country see an opportunity and open up sites to fill the vacuum.
    It doesn't happen, there are quite a few Asian countries where vape products have been illegal all along.

And as far as I know, China has never outsourced anything, manufactured in China, stored in China, and shipped from China.

It is us in Europe or US who have traditions for outsourcing industry.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    So while I don't really NEED anything per say, I will definitely miss having them around for late night browsing, or the times that I might want some different colored o-rings for my SubTank Mini lol.
    Post of the day, at least MY day! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread