FASTTECH - Paypal Suspension for Vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Elon Musk covering his bum, knowing that e-cig law is volatile right now. PP during covid has become a complete mess btw. If you have any issue with an order, good luck. There is virtually no live customer support right now, from what I've experienced. Same with ebay. Is there even a paypal ticket system? Last time I was having an issue I was unable to find anything.
Elon Musk has nothing to do with paypal. He may still own a few shares, but he's not any longer in charge since ebay took over a few years ago.

• Agree
Reactions: kross8

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Elon Musk has nothing to do with paypal. He may still own a few shares, but he's not any longer in charge since ebay took over a few years ago.

And actually ebay may no longer own paypal, either. It's unclear to me. Ebay might own the company that owns Paypal now? :lol:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    For ft, once they get a CC processor, looks like I'll use the Kiwi browser for orders.

I use a Cap 1 Visa, and do almost everything on my phone. Android Kiwi supports Google plugins, so I can use the Cap 1 Eno plugin to generate a pseudo card # only valid for ft orders.

(Cap 1 is excellent for fraud monitoring, but using pseudo numbers is great so you don't have to get a new real card if a fake # is stolen.)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    For ft, once they get a CC processor, looks like I'll use the Kiwi browser for orders.

I use a Cap 1 Visa, and do almost everything on my phone. Android Kiwi supports Google plugins, so I can use the Cap 1 Eno plugin to generate a pseudo card # only valid for ft orders.

(Cap 1 is excellent for fraud monitoring, but using pseudo numbers is great so you don't have to get a new real card if a fake # is stolen.)

I wish my credit card had that ability to generate temporary card #s. It used to be common 10+ years ago but most credit card companies did away with it for some reason.

I have discover and they're really good with fraud detection. But they did away with the temp card # generation thingy lone ago, too.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    They have 10, 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200

Buy FastTech Gift Certificates

Yup, that's what I see too right now.

I can also pay by CC or Paypal for both gift certs and orders, though I have not tried to take a payment through the whole process. I am in Canada though and that might make a difference too.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yup, that's what I see too right now.

I can also pay by CC or Paypal for both gift certs and orders, though I have not tried to take a payment through the whole process. I am in Canada though and that might make a difference too.

I changed the title of this thread to make it clear, while i still can. Paypal has been suspended for the direct purchase of vape products, even wires.

You can still buy non-vape products and gift certs with paypal.

Once you buy your gift cert, you can buy whatever you want with it. Paypal provided the ability to buy the gift cert, not the vape gear. Legally, that's not a problem since FT is a "department store". But for places like heaven gifts and other dedicated vape sellers, it's a problem (or it's going to be, whichever is the case).

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    Some people, especially if they are on the younger side, like myself, don't have any credit cards.

Sorry, I didn't realize.

But having said that, I'm still seeing Paypal and Credit/Debit cards as forms of payment.

Could it be just certain items?

The item I'm looking to purchase is an RTA tank

Tar Heel

ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    With some research and learning some gear bought from FT or other sites can be had for free or nearly free using crypto even after fee's and capital gains tax.

Crypto swings pretty wild up and down.

I bought some last December and been holding on to it and now it's doubled in value. Also, I use Brave browser and get basically free crypto for dismissing ads after a small notification window comes up.

Just some info to keep in mind moving forward.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2010
    Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
    It seems to be variable. I couldn't order an sxk haku riviera RDTA by PP, but I could order an Ares 2 RTA.

Net, it looks like they are being forced to clamp down on US vaping sales by PayPal, though definitely haven't toggled the status of all applicable items.

• Agree
    Reactions: Ryedan

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    Last night i found more and more items which weren't payable via paypal or CC, almost feels like they still are checking their whole stock to mark all the vape-items.
    It's not just to clamp down the vaping sales on the US, i checked paypal's germanys terms of service last night, and they really say that shops accepting payments for cigarettes, e-cigarettes and some other things have to be authorized by paypal, not sure since when it's already like this.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    wait, will this affect other online stores too with e-cigarette products?

If so, then as a younger person (25 so no not a minor) with no credit card, I can only shop online with paypal or e-mail money transfer. I also do not like pre-paid cards because of limitations, fees, and the fact of not having protection that way.

I see paypal has jumped on the anti-vape train too, sad to see. I have bought guns with paypal, but "oh, better not use us to buy vapes".
    It's been in PayPal's rulebook for quite a while I'm surprised that it took this long. Just like on the forums when you buy sell and trade I always find it strange the people worried about friends and family because you actually don't have a guarantee of any recourse when you're dealing with items that you're not allowed to buy with that currency. Of course in that scenario the person selling it would have to divulge that it was an e-cigarette product in which case they can potentially get their account terminated so I guess there was a little bit of protection... you can still use PayPal to buy a gift certificate and the gift certificate can purchase the items so there is a workaround until PayPal decides you can no longer buy gift certificates but I don't see that happening

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    With some research and learning some gear bought from FT or other sites can be had for free or nearly free using crypto even after fee's and capital gains tax.

Crypto swings pretty wild up and down.

I bought some last December and been holding on to it and now it's doubled in value. Also, I use Brave browser and get basically free crypto for dismissing ads after a small notification window comes up.

Just some info to keep in mind moving forward.
    How does this free cryptocurrency for ads thing work or basically free? I don't really understand cryptocurrency so if it's too complex then disregard because I won't understand what it means LOL but I've always been curious about it especially once retailer started accepting certain kinds of it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread