Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Did it work? That's your chevy one?

Mine take a major beating too, 2010 model here-can't count how many times he's taken a tumble. I was showing him to my hubby the other day, he hit the asphalt real good a while back, has some dings, the clear coat bubbled and peeled off the graphics some. I told him I was gonna send it back in and Jeff would redo my graphics for a small charge. He said I was crazy, that the dings etc gave it character. I suppose he is right, it got me out of analog hell and is always in my hand when I have to visit hell and helps me make it back.:evil::laugh: Only fitting that he has some battle scars.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Well...
I just got back from Manhattan, where everyone looked at my chuck in a weird way. (Or were they looking at me in a weird way?)
You would think that in 10 days walking the streets of Manhattan I would see one fellow vaper? Not as such.
Everyone smokes...Gawd! i thought i was in Europe.

Anyway, one of my chuck switches died...I tried and tried to make it work but no luck.
I just got back to Florida, and gave the chuck a contact cleaner soak and blow.....
Now it works fine!
Go figure?

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Aw, I would have given you some contact cleaner while you were here had I known -- in return for a demonstration. Omni (the Steampunk Chuck)'s button has been temperamental. I've cleaned it several times but it only works well for a day or two. Then I'm back to wiggling the button to make it work on a perfectly functional atty.

I'm not mechanically minded so I assume I'm doing something wrong but I'm not annoyed enough to figure out what right now. Probably in a week or two I'll try again.

ETA: I vape on the street but, in general, the vapers are inside and the smokers are pariahs, sent to stand on the sidewalk, 20 feet from the building entrance, while smoking. The holier-than-thou crowd will not be happy until they can make the smokers stand in the middle of the street, getting hit by cars.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread