Evod is rocking my world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Another note - just my personal experience...
I got one EVOD from fasttech, understanding it wasn't Kanger. And I had a couple problems with it -
a) It DID leak - so perhaps the OP is having knockoff quality issues
b) The threads (base to tank - not the head) simply weren't perfect. They were a little "grindey".

For the extra $1, I am now getting only branded Kanger EVOD's...
Just my :2c:

I do think mine may well be knock offs.

FWIW - even though the second one does leak when laid sideways or upside down, I have been out all day at the Shanghai museum and walking around People's Park having a few beers and have had it in my 'lanyard / pouch' thingy and it has not leaked all day and is vaping my weak arsed dekang mild seven like it's a much better quality juice.

So yeah I'll try the Kanger ones next time (only didn't due to shipping to China fees - am leaving in two months so for now just buying local as it's so damned cheap) and tbh if they don't leak they would be my go to main device as they do vape good and your juice tastes and feels as I imagine how the makers intend it to, it really does.

So again, kind of convoluted review from me but I guess you get to see it happen as it happens lol which could be amusing / of educative value.... When I do get genuine Kangers (I would prefer them to be called 'Klangers' for comical purposes) I will come back to this thread and let you guys know how they do IMO.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I do think mine may well be knock offs.

FWIW - even though the second one does leak when laid sideways or upside down, I have been out all day at the Shanghai museum and walking around People's Park having a few beers and have had it in my 'lanyard / pouch' thingy and it has not leaked all day and is vaping my weak arsed dekang mild seven like it's a much better quality juice.

So yeah I'll try the Kanger ones next time (only didn't due to shipping to China fees - am leaving in two months so for now just buying local as it's so damned cheap) and tbh if they don't leak they would be my go to main device as they do vape good and your juice tastes and feels as I imagine how the makers intend it to, it really does.

So again, kind of convoluted review from me but I guess you get to see it happen as it happens lol which could be amusing / of educative value.... When I do get genuine Kangers (I would prefer them to be called 'Klangers' for comical purposes) I will come back to this thread and let you guys know how they do IMO.

If you can find either genuine or well made knock offs, they should work exceptionally well. As a suggestion, if you don't do your own wicks and coils, the place to save money is not on the heads. Do whatever you have to to get genuine. I've seen some absolutely total crap knock offs that, from the look of them, would leak right from the get go. The genuine heads have become so inexpensive, and even though I like Fastech, don't get them from Fastech or anywhere else you can't be reasonably confident they are genuine.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
My 2nd evod now it's not leaking - the vape is about the same but the flavor it gives is much better than any Janty carto or ego atty I've used I have to admit it. Would never imagine anythign could make weak arsed dekang mild 7 give th and actual bring any flavor out of it lol.

Though I will always go with an Ego type attty for my PG menthol ADV as I like the smaller tanks and well they just do not leak and perform amazingly and with this juice last forever, been vaping my PG menthol on this one ego-c atty over 4 weeks now and have water cleaned only (hadn't even needed too really, just did it 'in case' have actually had zero bad hits or performance issues so far.)

But for evening at home / pub vaping I like me some tobacco juice and am finding the EVODs, when working right way out perform the ego attys for that flavor and th wise.

Another thing - it's weird, now I've cleaned out the first EVOD that leaked like hell, both the atty and the tanks and dried them for 24 hours, that one too has stopped leaking ALTOGETHER and vapes like a champion!

In fact I filled it with Dekang Camel and the flavor it brings out is better than I could have imagined.

So I want to say this - when EVODS work - man do they work!

Maybe they just need a good clean and disassembling and being put back together to get them functioning or something because both are now the best vape I have ever had and are not leaking even a drop, left both right way up overnight (one with the mild 7, one with the camel both 100% pg) and not a single drop of juice has leaked out.

What's the longest use anyone has gotten out of one EVOD with daily use - ie how many refills or weeks before they've had to chuck em or rebuild / rewick them (not things I want to do?)

So EVODS ARE BACK to rocking my world for my tobacco flavor vaping again.

Cheers

Last edited:

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I just receieved my Evod and figured I'd test it out. Right off the bat I noticed how hard the throat hit is. I felt like my lungs were going to collapse lol. Is this normal? I have been using CE4s and CE6s with the same juice and it's smoother. Just curious :)

you get more flavor, which include the TH. I found that I need to adjust my mixing a little when I went to the evod

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
My 2nd evod now it's not leaking - the vape is about the same but the flavor it gives is much better than any Janty carto or ego atty I've used I have to admit it. Would never imagine anythign could make weak arsed dekang mild 7 give th and actual bring any flavor out of it lol.

Though I will always go with an Ego type attty for my PG menthol ADV as I like the smaller tanks and well they just do not leak and perform amazingly and with this juice last forever, been vaping my PG menthol on this one ego-c atty over 4 weeks now and have water cleaned only (hadn't even needed too really, just did it 'in case' have actually had zero bad hits or performance issues so far.)

But for evening at home / pub vaping I like me some tobacco juice and am finding the EVODs, when working right way out perform the ego attys for that flavor and th wise.

Another thing - it's weird, now I've cleaned out the first EVOD that leaked like hell, both the atty and the tanks and dried them for 24 hours, that one too has stopped leaking ALTOGETHER and vapes like a champion!

In fact I filled it with Dekang Camel and the flavor it brings out is better than I could have imagined.

So I want to say this - when EVODS work - man do they work!

Maybe they just need a good clean and disassembling and being put back together to get them functioning or something because both are now the best vape I have ever had and are not leaking even a drop, left both right way up overnight (one with the mild 7, one with the camel both 100% pg) and not a single drop of juice has leaked out.

What's the longest use anyone has gotten out of one EVOD with daily use - ie how many refills or weeks before they've had to chuck em or rebuild / rewick them (not things I want to do?)

So EVODS ARE BACK to rocking my world for my tobacco flavor vaping again.

Cheers

I have 4 heads, burn about 4-5 ml per day. I have had my evod's since mid April and just replace my first head (bad coil). But once I replace the one, I realized I need to replace the other. I do wash out the heads about once a week. So i'm think 4-5 ml per day with one head would be about 3 weeks.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I use the Vivi Nova, Protank, Iclear 30 & much more, the Evod vapes better than all of them to me, I have the MT3S but haven't tried it yet. It just looks like a longer Evod

I bought 2 MT3S they would leak 3-4 time a day, also the T3 had the same leaking problem. Evod and protank never leak, once in a great while there will be to much condensation in the moth piece.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I bought the 1st ones you show in the 5 pack. .. and they are real Kanger Evod coils even though they came in little baggies instead of teh blister pack like I got from MyVapes.... Marked the way Kangers are with the ohms . SKU 1387600

I have bought both the fast tech and OE does not look the same, will fit and work well but the spine is different. I figure I will stay with the OE heads, what the heck $2 vs $1.28. I have had no issue with the OE. Why mess with something that work so well to save maybe $.75 a month?

I even bought some clones evods, but again the OE is only about $1 more at vapingme.com Just ordered some more Oe evod's

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
you get more flavor, which include the TH. I found that I need to adjust my mixing a little when I went to the evod

I find much better flavor than what I was using before (ego-c) but slightly less th.

I do agree about adjusting juices. My dekang camel was too harsh for me on the ego-c and on the eovd had more flavor but still too much th for me. The mild 7 had more flavor on the evod but too little th.

I now have the evod full with a mix of 70% mild seven, 20% camel and 10% vanilla, all PG.

I am finding this awesome and close(ish to an RY4/5) if I added a few drops of VG i think it would be almost as good as RY4/5.

So yeah my evod is still going good and I now know what to mix and fill it with.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I have found that I can take my all day Vape flavor and put it in an evod, a Vivi nova, a Protank, side by side and it tastes different. Not to mention dripping it on an atomizer. Nonetheless, I think whatever your favorite flavor is, once you find it, you can test and see that it tastes different depending on what you are using. Thus, everyone likes different. Lol. Conclusion....there's no wrong Vape. It's all in the tongue of the beholder. I actually did this test at our last Vape meet.we used a Protank, a Vivi nova, and an evod. There were 3 of us trying it several times from all devices. 2 of the 3 of us preferred the Vivi, the other preferred the Protank. So there you go. But still the evod is nice at times :) I hope I haven't confused you too much. Oh, and the Vivi was a rebuilt one using cotton wicks, so that will probably confuse you more. Lol.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Seems some hat eating is in order.

Just cold water cleaned, tissue dried and filled up my good working, non leaking evod with dekang USA Blend at 6mg and cannot believe how strong this juice comes through.

I usually have to hotbox it on the ego-c / ego-t but only need a normal 5 second drag with this juice on the evod.

All in all the evod has only truly been through about one tank as the mix (mild 7, camel and vanilla) I was using previous to the latest clean, I got sick of it and poured out half the tank before the cleaning. And before that I vaped about half a tank of camel through it but it was too damned harsh on the evod for me so....

Anyway the USA blend which I called USA 'BLAND' when using with ego-c is rocking on the evod.

When these work they are great, no denying it.

Pointer - when you clean be careful with the wicks, they fall apart easily (learned this from my 1st one.) So wash the plastic tank out with cold water and then soak the atty or run water THROUGH it but DO NOT run water directly onto the wicks as they can and will fall out, or pieces of them will.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Pointer - when you clean be careful with the wicks, they fall apart easily (learned this from my 1st one.) So wash the plastic tank out with cold water and then soak the atty or run water THROUGH it but DO NOT run water directly onto the wicks as they can and will fall out, or pieces of them will.

No hat eating required. It's all one big journey of exploration.

What may be falling out are the flavor wicks, which are laid across the top of the actual atomizing coil. The coil wick is usually wrapped pretty tight and they have to take a little tugging to get them out.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Hmm.. I just picked up T3s replacement base in the hopes of resurrecting my T3, for $2, it's worth a shot.

On a related note, I had my first eVod drain on my Vamo... but I think that was due to a little too much of a heavy hand last time I cleaned the coil... I noticed a gap on the bottom corner of the wick... that must have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread