Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Lay them on their side - they leak out the 'window.'

Put em upside down - they leak out the bottom rim of the drip tip.

Put em right way up - with PG they leak a ton out the bottom of the atty.

Both from my order, that's some bad luck and I followed the video instructions to the tee.

Now not sure they are Klanger, they were just advertised as 'EVOD' and look 100% the same as on the klanger website and madvapes tutorial vid. But Chinese site, so cannot be sure. But people are all over this site making the same complaints about the Klanger EVODS and even the much vaunted protanks with a seeming lucky few who got ones that don't have issues.

Same goes for all the clearos etc.

Never saw this many complaints with the old boge / joye / janty cartos / XL / Mega cartos or the ego-t (I personally think the ego-c sucks and is a cynical ploy to sell more units as the ego-t used to come with a SIX MONTH guarantee and my two lasted 8 months.) Name me a delivery device now that's a clearo / clearotank / carto tank etc that will last you 8 months.....

All i know is that my EVODS vaped ace until they had to be put down and then it's bye bye juice.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yahoo! I have just filled one of the EVODS after a thorough cleaning and drying with 100PG juice and had it stood right way up, off the battery for 30 minutes and not a drop of leakage so far...

Maybe the other was just bad luck, that one leaked on it's side, upside down and right way up.

Now this one, leaks on it's side (been experimenting, not much vaping going on tonight lol) and leaks upside down but so far is not leaking right way up....!

Good lord please let this one not leak overnight and give me a few refills out of it and though I doubt I'll buy em again, I'll be happy enough until my ego-t's and Xl carto arrive....

PS- don't buy Chinese knock off ego-c attys I know the price is tempting but mine suck worse than the OVALE originals. YMMV.

Cannot wait to get my ego-t and XL carto pack. And cannot wait until morning to see if this evod has leaked or not (30 mins in so far so good, but I have the A/C on 18c and it's around 40 here at the moment so overnight it's going to get a lot hotter.... It is A DAMNED good vape when it works, but I've lost 5ml of juice from leakage in two days!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
The ego-t atty used to (not sure if still does) come with a 3 or 6 month warranty (not for the tawa.) I am not seeing that kind of warranty offered with evods or protanks.... Instead am seeing a lot of

Due to the disposable element of the cartomisers, they come with DOA warranty only.

best I've seen so far is 14 days.

Janty still offering 3 months on ego-t (Now called 'jets.')

JETS (Janty eGo Tank System) atomizers (except LR or TAWA atomizers) are covered by our Janty Warranty Program for 3 months from the delivery date and batteries for 6 months.

I know where my money is going, to the company that believes in the lifespan of it's product.

That warranty says more than I can.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
All newer Equipment is built to perform under retail demand as best possible.
In Delivery devices this equates to e-liquids in a range about 70/30 to 30/70 pg/pv at the extremes.
Best performance in the 60/40-40/60 range.

Without some type of adjustable regulation, compromise must be made to produce a decent performing device for the masses. Individual needs outside the norm must be met with modification to conform.

If these devices must be built to handle 100%PG then your complaints will be replaced by the Vaper using 100%VG that Nothing Wicks at all.:D

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Maybe you have a knockoff evod. I've been using the same one almost 3 weeks now and it's never leaked. I throw it in my purse all day. I lay it down off and on most of the day at the office, and still never had mine leak anywhere and the same head is working good. I have a 2nd one I started using a week ago and no problems yet either.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm on the EVOD, ProTank kick right now as well. I also like putting EVOD heads in my ProTank. Just don't use FastTech evod heads for ProTanks. They will work fine in EVODs though. Their construction is a little different.

Tank note - Fasttech has (2) distinctly different Evod heads. One is the replacement for the knockoff Evod and a knockoff itself. The second is the Actual Kanger Evod Coil.

This is the Kanger 2.4ohm
$1.28 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core - 2.4
The pipe and botom center pin grommet are different on the clone.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
OKAY. The one that only leaks on it's side and upside down has been standing vertical atty downwards overnight and has only leaked aprox 2 drops of juice. Fired it up and still a good vape and better than the ego-c with the juice I'm using.

2 drops of juice per night I can live with.

I might try real certified Klanger ones in the future based on the vape performance, I cannot say mine are but I cannot say the're not clones either, website doesn't say so I'm guessing they could well be.

If they still had the leaking and gurgle issues (which many people in many threads are having with them) it's Janty dual core 5ml cartomizers for me.

Just my experience and am free to tell it how it has been for me.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
OKAY.
I might try real certified Klanger ones in the future based on the vape performance, I cannot say mine are but I cannot say the're not clones either, website doesn't say so I'm guessing they could well be.

If they still had the leaking and gurgle issues (which many people in many threads are having with them) it's Janty dual core 5ml cartomizers for me.

Just my experience and am free to tell it how it has been for me.

I shortened the quote. Btw, it's Kanger! Not Klanger. Lol.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If your Evod or other Kanger bcc is leaking on to the battery gently push on the SS connector pin to ensure it's firmly in place. I've had the issue once and it WAS with an Evod. Don't push so hard that is displaces or binds the rubber insulator or so it doesn't make contact with your battery's positive post, just enough to make sure it's in place.

Chocolate Glazed Donut

Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Gulfport, MS.
I've been using an EVOD since I started vaping and I've had no problems. No leaks. I recently switched to the T3S clearo's though. Just because they hold twice as much juice. I'm not nearly as experienced as you folks, but I really like them. Easy to carry in a pocket, fairly easy to fill. I definitely could use a bigger battery. The 650 mAh doesn't make it through the whole day for me.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
^^

Yeah but the XL cartos and ego-t wicked anything you put in them. . . .

Put 100% VG juice with no dilution and it won't wick well (if at all) in an ego-t. If you could somehow find a loose enough t atomizer that would wick it, it wouldn't last a day before performance fell off or ceased. I have limited experience with cartos but what I did find was anything anywhere near chain vaping with very thick juices was a no go. "Resoaking" the wick recovery time was too long.

For whatever its worth, you were lucky to latch on to one of the best mass produced clearos made to date in the Kangertech EVOD. I have tried a lot of different off the shelf clearos and no matter it's faults and quirks, for quality of vape, the EVOD hasn't been beat (although I do plug one or two of the air holes to tighten the draw). Good performance with thick juices may require some tinkering, but its better than any other cheap, off the shelf clearo I've ever found.

Last edited:

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
I just got my EVOD (clone) I think, because it came in a blister pack with a matching eGo type battery: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1373801

My question is, what TYPE of head should I buy to replace when this one goes bad. I won't be rebuilding, but I want to be able to replace the head because I LOVE THIS THING.

I will be ordering more, probably the 10 pack of clones: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...electronic-cigarette-round-mouth-atomizer-10-

Is this the "better" replacement head?: https://www.fasttech.com/product/1361500

Thanks to all!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Personal opinion? That's what your juice TASTES like.
I found really CE's and Vivi Novas to really bland down the flavor, and I've stopped using those, in favor of EVOD and T3's.

I just receieved my Evod and figured I'd test it out. Right off the bat I noticed how hard the throat hit is. I felt like my lungs were going to collapse lol. Is this normal? I have been using CE4s and CE6s with the same juice and it's smoother. Just curious :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Another note - just my personal experience...
I got one EVOD from FastTech, understanding it wasn't Kanger. And I had a couple problems with it -
a) It DID leak - so perhaps the OP is having knockoff quality issues
b) The threads (base to tank - not the head) simply weren't perfect. They were a little "grindey".

For the extra $1, I am now getting only branded Kanger EVOD's...
Just my :2c:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I just got my EVOD (clone) I think, because it came in a blister pack with a matching eGo type battery: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1373801

My question is, what TYPE of head should I buy to replace when this one goes bad. I won't be rebuilding, but I want to be able to replace the head because I LOVE THIS THING.

I will be ordering more, probably the 10 pack of clones: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...electronic-cigarette-round-mouth-atomizer-10-

Is this the "better" replacement head?: https://www.fasttech.com/product/1361500

Thanks to all!

I bought the 1st ones you show in the 5 pack. .. and they are real Kanger Evod coils even though they came in little baggies instead of teh blister pack like I got from MyVapes.... Marked the way Kangers are with the ohms . SKU 1387600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread