Evangelism

Status
Not open for further replies.

PgLover

Dec 29, 2013
Bristol, UK
Since most of us here are ex-smokers, what do people think about become public pro-vapers? Do you actively promote it to your smoking friends?

There's a stereotype of ex-smokers as anti-smoking, the old 'I can't believe you do that to yourself' holier-than-thou speech some of us may have heard. Would smokers see pro-vapers as the same? It's an interesting question as it highlights the delicate position that vapers have between smokers and those that have never smoked.

Personally I feel like my switch to vaping has been life-changing and I want to convert every smoker I see. But I don't want to be considered an interfering busy-body. I guess it's about how you approach it, as long as you make sure you're not judgemental people would be open to it.

The travesty is that e-cigarettes are still not widely known about, health organisations are not promoting it enough. For one I think I will be wearing the badge proudly and putting forward the case.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
When I had some friends and relatives over, I had high hopes for a vaping session, turning them on to various flavors and assorted equipment. Total failure, not for lack of my trying. No one really seemed more than casually interested, and not wanting to be a .... about it I didn't push it. Realized I didn't want anyone to push me either, just gotta wait until they ask you instead of the other way around. Everyone seems to come into it, if at all, on their own terms and at their own time.

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
I know what you mean. vaping is so much better tasting/healthier/more affordable than analogs. I usually tell ppl how awesome it is that I can have dessert all day and not gain a pound. I wait until they ask me more before I 'preach'. I've had 3 co-workers ask me to get them their beginner egos and they've told me what flavors they'd like to try. One stuck with it and loves it, the 2nd vapes at home and smokes at work due to 'the stress' at work. And the 3rd went back to analogs but occasionally vapes. I figure...it took my wanting to quit those nasty tasting things before I took the plunge and I can't imagine ever going back to cigarettes. Probably in their own time, they'll come back to it. But I guess-like me-they have to want to do it.

I remember the first time I saw a fellow nurse vaping outside as I smoked and I was immediately enthralled and excited about it. The next day I went out and bought my equipment and some basic 'tobacco' flavors. Since then, I still get excited when I discover new ways to vape(vv/vw/mech mods/rda, etc.) and I never tire of the perfect juices I've come to love-my ADVs! I feel like a kind of juice 'conniseur'(probably misspelled).

Some people get into vaping initially, to quit nicotine. Not me. I love vaping. And I'll never stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread