• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I've been getting this

17:47:45:WU01:FS00:Connecting to web.stanford.edu:80
17:47:45:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Failed to access core package.
17:54:36:WU01:FS00:Downloading core from http://web.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/AMD64/Core_b0.fah

on my laptop since last night. I am assuming, and we all know what that can do, that there is a problem at Stanford. I did re-install the client and the same message is coming up. My other machine, with a CUDA GPU also had problems getting a work unit yesterday. I am also assuming they are related problems.

Any advice is welcome.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Thanks for the advice!

I tried the delete trick and it didn't work, apparently. I actually unloaded the client, deleted the directory and restarted the client with no success. What did the trick was the delete with a reboot. I am guessing, but something seems to remain cached, somewhere, even when the client is stopped and unloaded. "Normalcy" has returned.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Thanks for the advice!

I tried the delete trick and it didn't work, apparently. I actually unloaded the client, deleted the directory and restarted the client with no success. What did the trick was the delete with a reboot. I am guessing, but something seems to remain cached, somewhere, even when the client is stopped and unloaded. "Normalcy" has returned.

I do seem to recall at least one other person in the folding forum thread that had to actually reboot to get back on track. Different versions of Windows, different configurations - I don't know. At least you're going again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread