eRoll vs eCab

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm always surprised that there's not more interest on the forum on the eCab's. I've had one since they 1rst came out. In comparing to the eRoll, IMO it seems to be better built & I have had great luck with mine. I use them as my back-up or 2nd e-cig to my eGo's & other assorted e-cigs. I have 3 eCabs, buying them when ever I run across them on sale, got one kit for $35.
I haven't pulled the trigger on an eRoll yet, as they just feel cheap & poorly made, but are kinda cool. I just don't want to carry that charging case around. With a extra batteries & attys for my existing e-cigs, wallet, cell phone & concealed handgun, I'm running out of room :D Just curious to others experience with either or both of these mini cigs.

Cheers
:toast:

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've never had or felt an ecab in my hands to compare the two like you have. The Eroll does feel very solid to me though so really don't understand the "cheaply and poorly made" thing.
I guess the way the atty/head housing wasn't threaded kinda looked unreliable to me. Like I stated, I haven't pulled the trigger "yet". I do think they're cool looking & I've actually recommended them to folks making the switch.
I do, however think the eCab is more elegant looking, which is why I bought it. I haven't had anymore problems with it than you do with the eGo tanks,actually less problems with leakage.

Plum

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
UK
I have the ecab and the eroll, and like both, especially as the atties are the same, means I just stock up on one type.
I find the flavour to be great with both, the draw is just right for me ( don't like the evods etc. ) and I get no leaking, just a little condensation sometimes.
I use the ecab mainly at home and whilst driving, because the tank capacity is better. The eroll is great for more social situations, I just carry about 5 per filled carts in a small mint tin.

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I got the eCab starter kit and used it for a couple of weeks, but the draw seemed too "airy", even after I plugged one of the inlet slots ...

There are some good features, like being able to switch batteries without disturbing the tank, and replacing the battery without discarding the housing ...

But I just wasn't getting the right "feel" to the vape, too much air ... :(

I have been using it to dry burn my eRoll attys ... :D

ccm2000

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
California
I got the eCab starter kit and used it for a couple of weeks, but the draw seemed too "airy"...

For a less airy draw on the eCab, buy the Janty brand eGo-C type A atomizers. I found some on Bonanza for about $13.50US for a 5 pack. Their draw is too hard on an eRoll but I found they fixed the airy problem with the eCab.

I like both PVs but prefer the eRoll for the cig alike form factor and auto battery.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For a less airy draw on the eCab, buy the Janty brand eGo-C type A atomizers. I found some on Bonanza for about $13.50US for a 5 pack. Their draw is too hard on an eRoll but I found they fixed the airy problem with the eCab.
Wow, some great info, never heard of Bonanza. The page on that atomizer is very detailed. I thought Joyetech still made all of Janty's products, bought my 1st 510 from them. I did use a similar head to this, but was told the brand was Kanger. And I liked the way it wicked better, but the coils didn't last as longer & you could forget about doing a dry burn,pop the coil every time. I will give these a try. Thanks

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use the ecab mainly at home and whilst driving, because the tank capacity is better. The eroll is great for more social situations, I just carry about 5 per filled carts in a small mint tin.
Back to, I'm trying to lighten my load. When I 1st started vaping, I carried a little zipper pouch to carry all my stuff if I was to be gone for the day or evening. If I was going out of town, I carried a portable file box! Now with these, I just carry a couple in my pocket & a couple of batteries & an atty fit neatly if that little watch/coin pocket of my jeans.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Boy, I just learned a lesson today. I was in a nearby town that has a huge/good antique/thrift store. I had been shopping for hours at various ones before reaching it so I was tired and wanted a vape shortly after going in. It had really nice benches/seating spots on the porch to sit and enjoy a beautiful, old, oak tree and its shade. When I had my vape and was refreshed, I just stood up and realized I still had my Erol in my hand so, not wanting to open my purse, I just went through the door with plans to just stick it in my pants pocket. As I went in, the clerk I had been talking to before taking a break asked me a question so I stopped, forgetting about the ERoll in my hand, and absent-mindedly took a big puff exhaling a cloud of vapor as I turned away (dang that little thing is goooood.) Everyone went about their business as if nothing happened. I was lucky!!! and, yeh, learned my lesson. They feel so much like a smoke its not a good idea to have one between my fingers whilst walking around a store. But, thinking about it, the amount of exhaled vapor about quadruples the amount that would come from a smoke and should have been really obvious but... no problem.. maybe because I didn't take another puff. However, the smell of smoke would have turned heads and caused complaints for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: newbutt

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

I like both PVs but prefer the eRoll for the cig alike form factor and auto battery.

I will try this, had been thinking of trying the Janty attys after reading about them in another thread ...

Bought a lot of extra tanks for the eCab, and even found a pen cap that fits it. If these attys make it draw a bit less air, I'll start sing it again ...

Thanks for the tip ! :D

EDIT: Bonanza also has good prices on eRoll batteries and cones, got two of each to replace the ones that eRolled away ... :ohmy: :D

Last edited:
Reactions: newbutt

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland

Do you know what's different about the way they're constructed (compared to a Joyetech) that makes the draw too hard for an eRoll? For the price, I'd like to try them in my eRoll, but I don't want to waste my money if they're really only good for an eCab.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
It seems to me that, if they're shorter, the spike wouldn't go into the tank all the way and that could make the air flow incomplete. Could be the reason for a harder draw but I only know how the Eroll works and not the Ecab. There's a ridge on the Eroll tank that meets the cone when the spike is fully in it. It seems to me that the spike not fitting deep enough in the tank would not only affect draw but cause leaking too. I hope someone can give some more input on this. I would like to know too as $8.00 savings per box is pretty significant. I wouldn't mind a draw that's no tighter than say a smoke as when I did that I used a tar block filter that made the draw pretty tight but I wouldn't like leakage.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I think I'll get a box. I might be able to use them in the Joye CC but, then again, the air flow system in that is the same as the Eroll... just a longer distance for the air to go.

Edit: All I found at the USA Janty site was called JANTY eGo-C ATOMIZER HEADS NORMAL PACK 5 and they're $23.99 a box of 5 so no different than Joye.

https://usa.janty.com/index.php?pag...egory_id=178&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=177

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread