Eroll is good for 2 hits consecutively

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
Nope. This is because your juice isn't wicking properly. The eRoll, unfortunately, isn't about what juice you prefer, it's about what juice it prefers - namely, light colored juices that won't gum up the atty. If the juice is too thick, it won't wick properly either. Find a juice you like and that works well with the eRoll, and you'll be super happy. The form factor is completely worth it. Once you find the right juices, you'll never look back!

I routinely vape the eRoll until it's dead, taking long 4-5 second drags. It will get hot, of course, but it'll keep hitting hard. I've had attys last months before cleaning when using the right juice.

Keep the eRoll upright and/or in the PCC to minimize leaks. When the leaks come, change the tanks and the atty (the seal on the atty will eventually not seal well).

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
Nope. This is because your juice isn't wicking properly. The eRoll, unfortunately, isn't about what juice you prefer, it's about what juice it prefers - namely, light colored juices that won't gum up the atty. If the juice is too thick, it won't wick properly either. Find a juice you like and that works well with the eRoll, and you'll be super happy. The form factor is completely worth it. Once you find the right juices, you'll never look back!

I routinely vape the eRoll until it's dead, taking long 4-5 second drags. It will get hot, of course, but it'll keep hitting hard. I've had attys last months before cleaning when using the right juice.

Keep the eRoll upright and/or in the PCC to minimize leaks. When the leaks come, change the tanks and the atty (the seal on the atty will eventually not seal well).

I did some testing yesterday after I originally posted and after reading your response. I am using "thin" juice - I dont think that was the problem. I'm a chain vaper for sure and believe I was just pulling too hard. I focused on a slower, steadier pull and it is working much better than previously.

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
Great! How long do attys typically last you?

That was the first atty I've used and I think I burned it out in two weeks. I'm used to taking massive hits with my provari and needed to tone down my draws on this smaller eroll device. I'm hoping to get at least a month out of them from here on out . they aren't all that cheap .. unless Im just looking in the wrong place.

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
Did you actually burn out the coil, or did it just clog up? If the eRoll is wicking correctly (ie. the coil is staying wet), it should not burn up as the battery kicks off at 10-12 seconds. If it's not wicking correctly, the coil will be dry firing, and it will probably pop at some point.

What juice are you using? How many seconds are your average drag?

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
Did you actually burn out the coil, or did it just clog up? If the eRoll is wicking correctly (ie. the coil is staying wet), it should not burn up as the battery kicks off at 10-12 seconds. If it's not wicking correctly, the coil will be dry firing, and it will probably pop at some point.

What juice are you using? How many seconds are your average drag?

The first coil started to give dry burnt hits after 2 hits consecutively. I'm thinking because I was pulling pretty hard. Even when I slow pull on that coil, it gives off dry burnt hits. I'm thinking I somehow damaged the coil or it just needs to be cleaned. I can't dry burn the coil with this automatic battery though to clean it.

I primarily use Ecto Cooler from Mt Baker. 50/50. I average around 8-10 second pulls .. but they are slow and steady. I find that I dont get any burnt hits when its "slow" and "steady".

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
The atomizers last a LONG time with simple cleaning and re-wicking. I finally switched to all stainless steel wicks, and have been recycling the same attys for months now, with only one discarded. I was careless and broke the coil ... :(

Some get really gunked up, have to leave them soak in alcohol for days, and scrub them out with a dental flossing stick, but once all of the brown residue is removed, they're as good as new ...

I've rebuilt some so many times that the press fit gets loose. Just squeeze the barrel a little to restore some friction ...

Lots of great threads in this forum about rebuilding attys ... :D

vikassi

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Chi Town
The atomizers last a LONG time with simple cleaning and re-wicking. I finally switched to all stainless steel wicks, and have been recycling the same attys for months now, with only one discarded. I was careless and broke the coil ... :(

Some get really gunked up, have to leave them soak in alcohol for days, and scrub them out with a dental flossing stick, but once all of the brown residue is removed, they're as good as new ...

I've rebuilt some so many times that the press fit gets loose. Just squeeze the barrel a little to restore some friction ...

Lots of great threads in this forum about rebuilding attys ... :D

I rebuild the Kayfun on my Provari but the Eroll is sooo small .. I would need some type of magnify glass ..

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I rebuild the Kayfun on my Provari but the Eroll is sooo small .. I would need some type of magnify glass ..

I guess its not really "rebuilding", just re-wicking. I soak and scrub the interior of the atomizer barrel with a soft plastic dental brush, and replace the silicone wick with stainless steel. I have mild Parkinson's with hand tremors, but still manage to work with the atomizers on a good day ...

They are really tiny, but its worth the effort. I think they work better than new with stainless steel wicks, and the flavor is improved ... :D

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
And you can dry fire by blowing through the end of an old battery (could prevent the battery from working normally). Or you can dry fire by attaching the cone and pulling from that end while covering the air hole on the side - be careful, the cone gets hot quickly and can burn your lips if you pull for too long!

Oh, and don't inhale that crap - it's horrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread