eRoll Gurgle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I just got an eRoll kit yesterday, so I'm new to the eRoll.

One cartridge has been no problem, but the other one seems to have two problems: 1) brown liquid near the top, and 2) a serious gurgle on the draw.

I'm not sure if these two issues are related. Thoughts?

I can wipe away the majority of the brown stuff, but I'd really like to get past the gurgle issue.

BTW - I've found out that filling them is easier if I clear the surface tension with a toothpick before inserting my bottle into the top to fill.

ostego

Verified Member
May 19, 2013
United Kingdom
I've used an eroll for around 6 months now. The gurgle is something you always get with new attys from what i can tell, it's the sound of the eliquid properly boiling and breaking it in! I like it personally! Enjoy it, you always seem to get more vapour when it gurgles, and it will stop after a few days!

With regards to the brown liquid, that is something i have recently had big problems with. From all the help others on the forum have given me, it seems brown deposits are down to both the type of eliquid you use, as well as the atty's age (if not cleaned). Using a cola liquid, which was very thick and sweet, brown would appear around the rim of the tank early on, and in later stages, this brown decolouring will dissipate into the liquid stored into the tank (tends to happen when left static for long stages, i.e. over night).

The browning isn't anything to be worried about health wise, but i found can affect the taste, so have been using a different brand, less sweet eliquid over the past 4 days, and so far have no "browning" of any note.

The browning happens because as the coil inside the atty burns the eliquid, gunk gets left over and builds up around it, this eventually seeps back into the tank, and the eliquid inside of it. I posted a thread asking about it a few days ago, and the peoples' responses were very helpful. The link to this thread is here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...own-after-few-days-what-am-i-doing-wrong.html There's a load of info in there about the gunk, whats causing it, as well as how to open & clean the atty!

Last edited:

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
With new attys they tend to crackle and pop at the beginning. If you are getting a gurgle, that sounds like a flooded atty. The best way to clear it is to put the atty and the cone together(no battery or tank) and blow on the end where the tank would connect. Make sure to cover the end with paper tower before you blow otherwise you will get juice everywhere. Also wipe out the inside of the battery where the atty would sit. If you use the blow method a couple of times it should clear out. If that doesn't work for you, soak the atty in vodka or rubbing alcohol. Just make sure to let it dry before you vape again.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
Besides the gurgle caused by atty flooding, I've found that the air passages in the tank can get enough condensation to cause a similar gurgling sound and feel. There were a couple times I thought I had a flooded atty and I simply washed the tank with water and did a quick blow dry with compressed air and everything was fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread