ERoll and 100% vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
It would be interesting to see a study on which flavors have the highest levels of solids and particulates ...

I use mostly high PG menthol juices, and only get clogged wicks and crusted coils occasionally. But I have a few fruit flavors that I like which will gunk up an atty in a day ... :(

I wonder if steeping in an ultrasonic cleaner helps to break up any chunks in the juice ? :confused:

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
I've had some success at spinning juices in a centrifuge at 4,000 G's for about 40 minutes. You could spin at lower G's for a longer time, though. This will remove insoluble particulate, which especially helps with natural juices that have been strained with mesh - not nearly as effective as a centrifuge. It's ineffective, though, when you're dealing with dissolved substances like polysaccharides.

As a chef, I have a centrifuge large enough to use for production cooking, but smaller centrifuges are available on Amazon for around $100 that will spin very small amounts of liquid at high enough speeds.

As far as the ultrasonic cavitation, the low-powered models probably won't get you the breakdown you need, and that's assuming that the smaller particulates still won't clog a wick. I'm not sure how many microns are allowed through a fiberglass wick, but I'm positive 400 mesh will allow a much larger particle size - which I can confirm anecdotally. You still, then, get caking on the coil - not really winning.

RogerWilco357

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
USA
I have used a lot of vg 80/20 and love it but noticed that it does tend to go thru the atomizers fast..the get clogged up or just stop burning like when new..Now I mainly mix this for the wife and she complained about going thru atomizers..so I did the next batch at 70-30vg and it was so much better ..Getting a lot more life and throat hit ..So I would say 70pg or even 80pg is preferred when we use ecab or eroll..But when I use the kayfun setups its 80vg all day long taste fest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread