Eissenberg study

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
That is totally awesome! Now I can tell the fools at work who say "Nicotine is bad for your heart" that there isn't any in it.

One way of testing that would remove the human variable would be a set up going to a mass spectrometer utilizing a constant, acurate negative pressure set to inhale for preciseley three seconds or how ever long, just as long as the time and pressure were kept exactly the same for all material tested. If nicotine is detected in the vapor, and you than inhale the vapor into your lungs, but then no nicotine is detected in your blood I would suggest a failure in the blood testing process. Either that or the nicotine gremlins that live in the interstitial space of the lung cavity are eating it!

Last edited:

jdvorr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
up nort, MN
Isn't Virginia a huge tobacco producing state? If this was done at the U of V, I wonder where the funding came from? (big tobacco?) If I know anything about research it's that almost all research is slanted towards results that the funder is looking for. Otherwise, they lose the funding. Pure research is almost non-existent.:confused:

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
Sixteen volunteers were given two popular brands of e-cigarettes to use; the tobacco-free devices use a battery to heat a liquid containing nicotine, which users then inhale.
However, "Ten puffs from either of these electronic cigarettes with a 16-mg nicotine cartridge delivered little to no nicotine,"

You know, it really helps to know how to operate an ecig correctly in the first place to have an accurate study. Plus these "popular" brands of ecigs such as smoking everywhere may be popular but doesn't make them good. Same can be said about American auto manufacturers such as Chrysler, they may be popular, but that doesn't make them a quality vehicle.

Quitter man

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
US
That is truly surprising!! no nic in e-cigs!! well I suppose %100 vg w/out nic +food grade flavoring+some distilled water could by truly near harmless hah!! and I smoked for 25 years and quit smoking like a champ on e-cig using the DIY ingredients above and it works when nic gums,patches,and bills did not..!!
I think we have some discovery of historical proportion!! and the Nobel prize should go to the e-cig inventor ...saving thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives using simply a placebo

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA
That is truly surprising!! no nic in e-cigs!! well I suppose %100 vg w/out nic +food grade flavoring+some distilled water could by truly near harmless hah!! and I smoked for 25 years and quit smoking like a champ on e-cig using the DIY ingredients above and it works when nic gums,patches,and bills did not..!!
I think we have some discovery of historical proportion!! and the Nobel prize should go to the e-cig inventor ...saving thousands if not hundreds of thousands of lives using simply a placebo

I'm only half joking here so let me just ask,
First, I don't believe just any old study reported in the media on ANY subject. In most cases it's nonsense.
But Quitter man, what if, just what if there IS a placebo effect going on here. What if we really want to quit but have finally found a way to quit all the while thinking we were still 'smoking' ?
Would that be all that bad? Sure we spent money on these things but (hopefully) are saving in the long run of the huge cost of ciggs ( over $8 here). Health is better, mind is better. What is the down side?
If these things were not delivering nicotine, then the critics have no gripe.
So we're sucking on juice and producing vape. No harm, right?
Do we want these banned or made prescription only? Of course not.
So why the outrage? What if we went along and agreed with it?
Do we want to demand that we are getting huge amounts of nic pumped into us to prove what? That we want the feds to take them away?

I love my pv, so don't throw stones, just asking .

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
pmd - I think the only problem (assuming we DO get nic from vaping) is that if this research leads anywhere it might be that we're allowed to have PV's but only nic free juice. Assuming it's not placebo effect at work that helps people quit analogs and move to vaping then what are the choices? Vape and get no satisfaction, stick with analogs or break the law. Not a nice set of choices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread