Eissenberg study

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyfl3x

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Wilkes Barre/Scranton, PA
Just one error that can be found is there was no control group.

That alone excludes it from being a reliable test in my book...as it should from anybody's.

Not only does it exclude it as a reliable test, but it confirms that at least one thing was done incorrectly. If there is that, I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:

jace

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Aurora, CO
good point jace. but it isnt about our health, its about money. its always about money. if they want to say its wrong and unhealthy and tax the hell out of it, they will. you cant fight city hall

But this study just PROVED that they aren't unhealthy! I can apparently get more nicotine standing on the other side of the window from a full smoking section!!!! YAY!

I mean, they're SCIENTISTS after all, right? Scientists CAN'T lie!!!

:D

Cicatrize

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Michigan
I'm not sure what this study was actually comprised of, but they must have done it wrong or are falsifying their findings. You can't tell me my PV doesn't deliver nicotine when I take my first vape late in the day and sometimes get that light headed feeling from nicotine rush. That definitely can't be attributed to a placebo effect because it's something that I don't even expect to happen from a PV.

HexKrak

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix
Careful about assuming placebo effects are out of proportion. Recent studies have shown that placebos are more and more becoming more effective than the real drug in clinical studies.

That said I know we've had some people around here who've achieved minor nic poisoning after long vaping sessions. I myself had some symptoms after a night of testing cart mods. That wasn't a placebo effect because I wasn't even yet aware of what the symptoms were.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
Well, if there is SO little nicotine delivery, why not just leave all us vapers alone, to happily vape away, knowing that it's even LESS haermful, since we aren't getting all the nicotine we thought we were?
That should be a plus for ecigs. They can't say they're harmful to anyone cause you don't get nicotine but you still get fooled into quitting smoking. So we need to use his study to our benifit.
This study may just be the first part of a trap.

First "prove" that e-cigs don't deliver nicotine to users. Then argue that since nicotine is both dangerous (e.g. the other study which just came out regarding third hand smoke) and unnecessary in e-cigs, there is no reason to allow it in e-liquid and ban it.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Just one error that can be found is there was no control group.

That alone excludes it from being a reliable test in my book...as it should from anybody's.

Not only does it exclude it as a reliable test, but it confirms that at least one thing was done incorrectly. If there is that, I'm sure there are others.

From what I've heard there was a control analog smoking group but at this point that is just innuendo as is all the information in the CNN article.
As I said in another thread concerning this article, until the actual clinical study is published in a peer reviewable journal for all to see, we should refrain from commenting as nothing at all is truly known about any facet of the study (i.e. sample size, methodology, randomization, controls, blinding, actual data, statistical analysis used, etc...).

That is why I hate when Media outlets print apparent results of a study that haven't been published in a peer reviewable journal.

At least the article did cite the name of the journal(Tobacco Control) in which the study will be published in the near future. Keep your eye out for it:

Tobacco Control - BMJ Journals

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
Careful about assuming placebo effects are out of proportion. Recent studies have shown that placebos are more and more becoming more effective than the real drug in clinical studies.

That said I know we've had some people around here who've achieved minor nic poisoning after long vaping sessions. I myself had some symptoms after a night of testing cart mods. That wasn't a placebo effect because I wasn't even yet aware of what the symptoms were.

i can attest to the nicotine poisoning... when i first got my PV a year ago, i had bought about 15-20 different sample sized bottles of e-liquid, strengths from 12mg to 36mg. i literally spent the entire day trying every single flavor/strength, and ended up with some nic poisoning. Sweats, cramps, headaches, dizziness, nausea, and if i remember correctly, some ...........

i am 100% these side effects were from over-doing it when i first got my PV, and I know it wasn't from carelessness(i.e. spilling a drop of e-liquid on my skin, or sucking some e-liquid into the mouth from a poorly-filled cartridge).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread