EGO Tank Question's - Juice PG/VG Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
I have narrowed down my upgrade from an 808 to an EGo and was considering the tank models. I read somewhere that VG juice doesnt wick very well with tanks? I use 80%PG 20%VG in my 808's and love that ratio. Is it possible to use this ratio in the tanks? Or was the disclaimer I read for 100% straight VG cause it's so thick to wick correctly in the tanks? :confused:

Also if you have any advise on either EGo tank system why one is better than the other (Ego-T vs 510-T) or (Ego vs 510) would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's 100%VG and there's 100% VG that is made with the right combination of VG and deionized water - usually 80:20. I use the Decadent Vapours 'Aqueous Glycerin' along with their VG nic base plus flavoring and have no problems with using tanks. The viscosity of the ejuice is about the same as PG once the VG is so diluted. Straight VG would mess up almost any PV including tanks. So your 80:20 PG:VG mix should be good - if you buy it, the VG is most likely already diluted and if you DIY, I'd still dilute the VG part with water.

VTAK8K

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
I've been using the eGo T type B with a low resistance atomizer. The liquid I use is 50/50 mix and it works just fine.

A few pointers: 1. don't let the tanks run too low, I think that's when people might be getting leaks. 2. there are two baffles in the tip of the mouthpiece, if you remove them with a paperclip, the hit is much better. 3. soaking in cheap vodka is my preferred method for cleaning the attys.

Keep reading here and search youtube for vids on how to clean the atty. I've only been vaping for 2 months but I don't see a need to upgrade from the eGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread