eGo: mega vs non

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I am looking into upgrading from my 510 to an eGo in a few weeks ( wifes birthday comes first ) but I have some questions.

What are the differences between an eGo and an eGo mega?

I see mega carts and atomizers as well. Does this mean the normal eGo/510 carts and atomizers don't fit on them?

Will I need different chargers for the mega than the normal eGo?

Thanks in advance

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I am looking into upgrading from my 510 to an eGo in a few weeks ( wifes birthday comes first ) but I have some questions.

What are the differences between an eGo and an eGo mega?

I see mega carts and atomizers as well. Does this mean the normal eGo/510 carts and atomizers don't fit on them?

Will I need different chargers for the mega than the normal eGo?

Thanks in advance

Well the capacity of the eGoMega system is nice. The cartridges hold 2.5ml of liquid. The only drawback is, strangely, the amount of vapor from the atomizer... the thing really kicks, but has so so wicking. I do love the eGoMega system and carts, but I use them for special occasions or I have to lower the nic content of my juice... it does really kick.

The atomizer acts a lot more like a low resistance 510 in it's vapor capacity.

The egoMega cartridges and atomizers are larger than standard 510s- so none of the stuff is interchangeable except it uses the same battery.

My suggestion is to go with the standard eGo. Then pickup a couple of eGoMega atties and a few eGoMega carts. You may find yourself using both of them in different situations.

petem

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
va
The first ego to come out had a 650 mAh battery. That is still available but recently they have a 900 and a 1000 mAh battery as well. Some refer to the larger batterys as mega or XL. There are also ego mega atty and ego mega carts out. If you get a ego mega atty they require a ego mega cart and the cone can not be use when using one of these to my understanding (but the mega atty fits flush with the battery). To further add more options / confusion I heard there are 510 mega atty and 510 mega carts once again used in pairs but not sure if the ego cone can be used with them.

You can aslo look at riva (regular battery 750 mAh) and have not heard of a larger battery out yet but one should be comming out soon IMHO. Some get the hello 016 which is a 1300 mAh battery. The ego and riva seems to share more parts (510 and cone design) but the hello016 does not use a seperate cone but can use 510 parts ( a regular 510 atty will not fit flush with the battery but will work).

Hope thats is not too confusing.

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
The cone type attys work with the cone type carts only. The cone carts won't fit a regular 510 atty.

So basically you have 6 options with the ego more or less,

1) ego with 510 standard atty and standard carts with or without the atty cover cone
2) ego with mega 510 atty and mega 510 cart (the ones that look like really long 510 attys) with or without cone cover
3) ego with 510 carto
4) ego with mega xl size cylinder atty and cylinder type carts, cover cone not needed as atty covers the threads
5) ego with mega xl size cone atty and cone carts
6) ego with mega xl cartomizers

There are several more options if you want to throw in battery thread adapters and different style attys. Each of those options above requires that the atty and cart types are matched as none of them will work with the others.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Some refer to the larger batterys as mega or XL.
To further add more options / confusion I heard there are 510 mega atty and 510 mega carts once again used in pairs but not sure if the ego cone can be used with them.

Well, Janty calls the 900mah battery the eGoXL, so that's how I tend to refer to it. The appearance of the just slightly larger 1000mah battery doesn't help us with nomenclature, and it seems there's already enough confusion in that regard. Oh well -- not sure there's much to be done about that.

You can see that the 510 mega atties and carts are the same diameter as std. 510, so I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't work with an eGo batt/cone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread