Need Input! - eGo/510 Mega attys and carto options

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Frederick, MD
I need some assistance here...I'm using standard 510s on my eGo but want to try:

1) 510 megas (longer length atty & cart)
2) 510 low resistance attys
3) eGo Mega cartos
4) eGo Mega attys/carts

I've pretty much ruled out the 510 megas just because you need a longer atty that can only be used with the longer carts (which is just stupid...I don't know why they just didn't extend cart length and make it compatable with standard 510 attys, unless is has something to do with liquid warming efficiency). I've heard good things about the LR attys, so I'll probably get 2 anyway. I really want to get the eGo Mega atty/cart, but for the price I was wondering if going with the Mega cartos is a better option...I assume the carto life is comparable to other cartos just as the atty life is comparable to standard 510s. My only concern with the eGo megas is consensation between the battery connection and the outside threading where the atty cover would normally connect (I actually don't use my atty cover for this reason (without any significant loss of vapor production)...although most condensation occurs at the air intake near the cart connection).

Does anyone here have experience with all (or some) of the eGo options I've listed here? Any input is greatly appreciated. And I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I searched the forums and couldn't find the comprehensive comparisons I was looking for.

BTW, I absolutely love the eGo...got the July 4th dual kit $57 special with 15mL of liquid from NN 2 weeks ago (thanks again to Halonut!) :vapor:.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
The only one I haven't tried is the 510 mega atty. I am assuming performance would be much the same as a regular atty only with more capacity. Whether all that liquid gets to the atty or not is another story. You are riht that all of these have been covered elsewhere, but below are my personal experiences.

1) 510 megas (longer length atty & cart) - No experience

2) 510 low resistance attys - excelent throat hit and vapor. Kills some flavors, but overall good flavor. 2-3 week lifespan, shorter than normal 510. Only works for dripping, no cartridge mod fed it fast enough for me.

3) eGo Mega cartos - Low throat hit, good vapor production. Cooler than a regular atty. Very good flavor but sometimes has a plasticky taste. Holds a lot of juice - ~ 1.8ml! Refill only with a syringe and essentially cannot be cleaned.

4) eGo Mega attys/carts - Medium throat hit, good vapor production. About the same as a regular 510 atty. Good flavor. Carts are easy to fill and the stock filler delivers juice surprisingly well. Holds ~ 2ml. Some leakage if left standing upright.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
You also now have the option of using the 65cent CE2 liquid cartomizers.
If you have used 3 piece ecigs, this is like an atomizer with no bridge, and
with a place on the sides to hold liquid.

I'm using the big eGo cartomizer right now, and I like it, but it is not impossible to get a small leak when filling it beyond the first or second time. It seems to me like it's extremely expensive for what it is, if I include the fact that I am not allowed to look inside, and everyone selling it stating that its high price is about the lowest permitted by some third party. In a friendly free-market, this causes me to rate it so low :nah: .

edit to add: please don't misunderstand me, it performs totally great on the whole first day, but once the first fill is gone, the greatness of it goes from 100% down according to how much I wonder about its internal condition, or about a possible small refill leakage, or about having to wonder if the refills will last long enough, etc. It's supposed to be an inexpensive cartomizer, I mostly just don't think that they're worth almost $20 a 5-pack to me. I'm ordering a whole 2 battery vGo kit soon, for a little over $20.

Last edited:

MilkyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Frederick, MD
Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering 2 eGo mega atties (ouch...expensive experiment at $15 a pop) and a pack of the cartridges...should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

I've read that folks are trying some cart mods but are having leak problems due to the diameter...and that it actually wicks fairly well with the stock filler. Has anyone else tried any mods for these? Any successes? I've got one in mind, so I'll try it when I get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread