eGo mega dual coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
The EMDCCs hold over 3 ml of juice and the first trick is to fill them correctly. I use a syringe with 3 ml of juice in it for a brand new EMDCC. Put the juice in SLOW. I slide the syringe down the side and fill from the bottom up repeatedly all the way around the carto. The reason you want to go SLOW is to let the juice be evenly distributed throughout the carto. Use the entire 3 ml in your syringe, and the EMDCC is ready to use. When it starts losing flavor, it's time to top it off with some more juice. If juice comes out of the bottom from the center hole, you have overfilled your carto. If so, just blow it out some from the mouthpiece end - clean the battery end with a tissue or paper towel - tap the bottom on a paper towel to settle the juice and see if any more comes out the bottom - repeat if necessary. The EMDCC is a great carto, and that's why many folks use it - even with their high dollar mods. I want to end any confusion about what an EMDCC is. That stands for Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer and here's a picture of one with a description:

eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer, Flat Tip

If condensation in the mouthpiece bothers you, blow out any into a tissue or paper towel each time you fill with juice. You can also take your finger off of the firing button a second or so before you finish your draw and greatly reduce condensation. Most of the condensation is unfinished draws that have to go somewhere.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I fill them a little differently but Tom's method works just fine.

For my method you need a syringe and a shot glass. First, fill the thing with the syringe until the packing looks wet all the way through - then stand it up in the shot glass and fill the thing up all the way to the top.

Pick up the carto a bit so the puddle of joose in the bottom of the shot glass doesn't keep the carto from draining and let the joose drip into the shot glass, and when it's pretty much done dripping blow the thing out into the glass, wipe off the battery end of the carto and recover the extra joose with the syringe.

It'll gurgle a bit for the first few minutes but I can get away with filling an EMDCC once a day doing this.

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
What's everyone's mileage been with these? I'm getting about three days of pretty heavy vaping before the pull gets hard. They still give an ok hit, but not nearly like they do when new. I'm using Geoff's Blend from Tasty Vapor (20% vg), which is pretty dark.

I'm not really interested in cleaning. At 2.79$ a cart, that's less than a buck a day...but just wanted to see :)

Thanks!

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I've been using a clear juices in mine, and I've cleaned it once. The draw is definitely restricted but its still producing mad vapor, very good throat hit and a noticeably improved flavor over my SR cartos (boge, AH MK-I). I've been flip-flopping with the EMDCC, but I think I was just drawing to softly and didn't have it filled entirely giving a lack of vapor (it is on an eGo-T Battery, so not very high wattage).

Whats the best way to clean them (with exception to that plunger kit available)? The one time I did I just boiled water, put all my cartos in there, and picked up them up with a pair of tongs to let the water run out the bottom, dip and repeat.

I thought about going to Ace Hardware to look for a larger syringe and buy some tubing.

DarthVper

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Fort Meade, MD
I don't know if anyone else would benefit from this, but I stumbled on an interesting discovery last week.
Anyone having issues with the draw getting tight on the emdcc's? Well Try this:

hold the emdcc and twist the battery on while pulling away at the emdcc. Twist it back off while again pulling the carto away from the battery. The draw should be better :)

DarthTwistNpull.jpg

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Good to know, I was a bit worried. Almost all aspects of the hit seem better with these than with the standard 510 cartos I have lying around, though the vapor is much cooler with the EMDCC.

Apparently can get a drip tip for Mega's from MadVapes and that is supposed to fix the condenstation issue. I think it comes down to the use of rubber, as I've never seen the plastic caps on my 510 cartos get any condensate.

As soon as I notice the flavor getting funky I get a q-tip and clean that mouth piece. But yeah, definitely getting a drip tip for it asap.
With DripTip (sorry cut off a bit in the pic) :).
2qsctoo.jpg

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I like it :)

I'ma have to get a few of those drip tips. The rubber on both the EMDCC and the Askton Hughes MK-I will gather condensation. I lost both the included tips for my MK-Is...they really don't stay in well. I tried widening one with a thin strip of tape, it worked, but not for long. Might be in my car, passenger side, as it disappeared Monday and I wasn't exactly coherent. :p

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Are these better than the stardust?
Both equally awesome in their own way. The EMDCC has amazing flavor, holds a ton of juice and really lasts and lasts. They are long and heavy though, so I usually use it on my eGo 650 (although in the pic it's on a 900) Looks quite nice on the shorter battery.
The Stardust has it's own set of advantages. I love my Stardust too!
I like it :)

I'ma have to get a few of those drip tips. The rubber on both the EMDCC and the Askton Hughes MK-I will gather condensation. I lost both the included tips for my MK-Is...they really don't stay in well. I tried widening one with a thin strip of tape, it worked, but not for long. Might be in my car, passenger side, as it disappeared Monday and I wasn't exactly coherent. :p
Lol, blue Mondays!
Yes, I discovered the match by chance about 6 months ago when I had placed a large and complicated order from MadVapes and found that giant black tip in my box. Couldn't remember what I had bought it for since it fitted nothing and I threw it in the 'what was I thinking' supplies drawer. Afterwards I heard that it was for the eGo-T. Anyway, some time later on, trying the EMDCC and immediatly hating the awful rubber tip, I vaguely remembered having some large tip. Bingo. Perfect if rather tight fit, which is GOOD. I was so pleased with myself lol. Been using it ever since. Now they come in all kinds of colors!

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
I don't know if anyone else would benefit from this, but I stumbled on an interesting discovery last week.
Anyone having issues with the draw getting tight on the emdcc's? Well Try this:

hold the emdcc and twist the battery on while pulling away at the emdcc. Twist it back off while again pulling the carto away from the battery. The draw should be better :)

DarthTwistNpull.jpg

Seems to work. Why is that?

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah ummmm... I really can't think of any reason.
Maybe the ... no, that can't be it.
Well it could be... naw that doesn't make sense.
Oh! I know, it's....
freakin' magic!

Seems as if the off setting pressure really cleans out the threads on the cart. I cleaned a lot of gunk out of the battery end. May help by increasing conductivity.

DarthVper

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Fort Meade, MD
Seems as if the off setting pressure really cleans out the threads on the cart. I cleaned a lot of gunk out of the battery end. May help by increasing conductivity.

Yeah I don't know how the threads on a cart would get gunk on them though. The air is passing through them the opposite direction into the carto

bishopcruz

May 1, 2012
Miami, FL
Quick question on these bad boys. I picked up a decent number of these locally and am using them with a 900mah passthru 3.7v regulated ego style battery. They are the LR versions. They work great but I'm noticing that the battery life is nowhere near what I expected from a 900mah batt. It's my first ego style and my first big batt. I've been using Volt KR808-Ds until now and it seems that I'm not getting THAT much more life out of my new big batt. After a couple of hours of vaping I'm already at 50% after charging all night (passthru) and that worries me a bit. Anyone else run into this, or is it just what I can expect from using a dual coil with this type of battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread