Does the 7's Hybrid Battery have ego threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hello everyone. I began my vaping adventures about 6 months ago with a 7's 650mah "Hybrid Battery" and their cartomizers. However, as is true of many such companies, my7's marks up the cost of their cartos, presently priced at $6.50 apiece. That's just too much for what they are, so I'm looking to find cheaper cartos from other manufacturers.

_DSC0009.jpg

This is a picture of the battery and carto that I'm using right now. As far as I can tell, they look like ego threads on there, but I'm not entirely sure. If they are ego threads, would I be able to use these cartos with my battery?

Smoktech EGO MEGA Dual Coil Cartomizers

Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for cheap refillable cartos that would fit this battery?
Additionally, the battery is threaded on the inside of the cylinder. As I understand it, those threads are for the crappy pre-filled cartos that my7s sells on their site. Are those perhaps 510-style threads on there?

Thanks for your help, guys. Looking forward to participating more in this awesome community.

(also, if anyone could tell me how to get rid of the excess code around my uploaded image, that would be great. I have no idea why that's there.)

Last edited:

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Only other info I could find - guy says a 301 thread... : (no reviews on google other than the companies own - not good, imo... but who knows)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/376201-brand-compatibility-thread-sizes.html

Alright, good info there. That one refers to the "Choice 7's kit", which was basically their little stick batteries to be used with their nasty prefilled cartos. Vapegrl reviewed their stick battery kit, in which she said:

"All in all, I believe that the No. 7 e-cigarette is a quality product at a reasonable price. If there’s any knock against it — and it’s a rather large one — it’s the fact that the RN4081 threading on the battery isn’t particularly common"

The inner threads on my battery also fit those little cartos, meaning that they're RN4081. So one thing I know I can definitely do is get a RN4081 to 510 adapter and use 510 cartos. So that's at least one connection that I can verify corresponds to a real standard.

However, I'd still like to know what those outer threads are. They look a lot like the outer threads I've seen on eGo batteries, but madstabber seems to think that they're proprietary on the my7s hybrid battery. I certainly can't find cartomizers anywhere that have threads to fit the outside threads on a battery like mine. Everything I see that's called an "eGo" carto has either 510 or 808 inside threads, no outside threads. I'm getting confused, not sure what eGo threads actually are anymore. :confused:

So, what we've established so far:
7's Hybrid Battery:
Inside threads: RN4081
Outside threads: eGo?

Thanks for your help so far. Right now, it looks like my best option is to get a RN4081-510 adapter, as it will allow me a huge abundance of inexpensive 510 cartos to choose from.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Alright, good info there. That one refers to the "Choice 7's kit", which was basically their little stick batteries to be used with their nasty prefilled cartos. Vapegrl reviewed their stick battery kit, in which she said:

"All in all, I believe that the No. 7 e-cigarette is a quality product at a reasonable price. If there’s any knock against it — and it’s a rather large one — it’s the fact that the RN4081 threading on the battery isn’t particularly common"

The inner threads on my battery also fit those little cartos, meaning that they're RN4081. So one thing I know I can definitely do is get a RN4081 to 510 adapter and use 510 cartos. So that's at least one connection that I can verify corresponds to a real standard.

However, I'd still like to know what those outer threads are. They look a lot like the outer threads I've seen on eGo batteries, but madstabber seems to think that they're proprietary on the my7s hybrid battery. I certainly can't find cartomizers anywhere that have threads to fit the outside threads on a battery like mine. Everything I see that's called an "eGo" carto has either 510 or 808 inside threads, no outside threads. I'm getting confused, not sure what eGo threads actually are anymore. :confused:

So, what we've established so far:
7's Hybrid Battery:
Outside threads: eGo?

Thanks for your help so far. Right now, it looks like my best option is to get a RN4081-510 adapter, as it will allow me a huge abundance of inexpensive 510 cartos to choose from.

You're right - that does refer to the cig style kit - I knew that at one point :laugh: and still put the link in.... Really not that much info on the hybrid battery. It DOES look like eGo outside and inside connections. That 'outside' threading is for the eGo cone... originally ... but now SOME (not all) clearos use it - some just have a 'skirt' coming down the covers it not using the outside threading, but only the inside 510 threading.

And there are some KR808D-1 threaded 'eGo's-types' out there as well.

And... I Did see one reference to the Kanger MT3's where a user review said it fit his 7's Hybrid battery.... see if I can bring that back up....

https://shop.vapegeek.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=308&reviews_id=18

And it sounds as if he's tried them and they fit.... A bit thin, but probably worth a try - I'd get the Kanger T3 instead of the MT3, which is only a T3 with a metal skin - skinny 'window' hard to see for refilling and heavier because of the metal - some may think they look better perhaps....

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
You're right - that does refer to the cig style kit - I knew that at one point :laugh: and still put the link in.... Really not that much info on the hybrid battery. It DOES look like eGo outside and inside connections. That 'outside' threading is for the eGo cone... originally ... but now SOME (not all) clearos use it - some just have a 'skirt' coming down the covers it not using the outside threading, but only the inside 510 threading.

And there are some KR808D-1 threaded 'eGo's-types' out there as well.

And... I Did see one reference to the Kanger MT3's where a user review said it fit his 7's Hybrid battery.... see if I can bring that back up....

https://shop.vapegeek.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=308&reviews_id=18

And it sounds as if he's tried them and they fit.... A bit thin, but probably worth a try - I'd get the Kanger T3 instead of the MT3, which is only a T3 with a metal skin - skinny 'window' hard to see for refilling and heavier because of the metal - some may think they look better perhaps....

Your observations about the available 510 cartos mirrors my own observations. Many cartos advertised as "eGo" have 510 inner threads with an unthreaded skirt that comes down and meets the outer eGo threads. So, if I had an RN4081-510 adapter for my center threads, I could use those just fine with my hybrid battery. Sweet.

Just to reiterate, that review of the style kit specifies that the pre-filled cartos used with those batteries are RN4081. Those same pre-filled cartos fit the center threads on my hybrid battery, therefore, my inside threads are RN4081.

If that guy is correct that the MT3 fit onto his 7's Hybrid battery, that means that the outer threads on the 7's Hybrid are, in fact, eGo threads. If I understand this information correctly, the MT3 has eGo outer threads and NO inner threads.

"The MT3 is a bottom coil clearomizer tank system. It features replaceable atomizer heads and has an eLiquid capacity of about 3ml. The MT3 is eGo Cone threaded and NOT 510 threaded. This clearomizer fastens onto the outer cone threads of an eGo battery or eVic. The MT3 can only be used on devices with standard 510 threads with the use of a 510 to eGo adapter. "
(Kanger MT3 Bottom Coil Clearomizer)

So, I think we've finally got a solid answer on this one:

7's Hybrid Battery:
Outside threads: eGo

Thanks for all of your help, guys. You've allowed me to keep using my 7's Hybrid Battery without having to buy those stupidly overpriced mediocre cartomizers from my7's.com.

I'd like to say that the 7's 650mah hybrid battery is actually pretty good. I got it for $25, and it has a quality feel, USB passthrough charging, good power output, a smooth automatic function, and excellent battery life. It's not a bad unit in and of itself, but everything else about My7's smacks of a moneymaking scheme. I'm glad I didn't get suckered into buying any of their kits, and bought the only reasonably priced thing on their site. I'd say, however, that there's really no reason to choose a 7's battery over any of the other eGo clones. It's a fine product, but nothing exceptional.

Last edited:
I started out with a 7's hybrid kit and pretty quickly ditched the cartomizers.. The batteries do have standard ego and 510 threads, so you have quite a few options. I'm using a Kanger mt3 on mine and couldn't be happier with it.
I agree the batteries themselves are actually pretty nice, but after i bought a manual ego battery i found manual seems to work a bit better for me. Still use my 7's battery all the time though..
PICS!

WP_000941.jpg

EDIT: I haven't actually tried putting anything in the center female threaded section, so you could be right that it isn't 510 threads.. Next time i'm at my dealers, er.. vape suppliers store (lol.. a little home business here in town) i'll check it with something 510 threaded and see if it fits.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I started out with a 7's hybrid kit and pretty quickly ditched the cartomizers.. The batteries do have standard ego and 510 threads, so you have quite a few options. I'm using a Kanger mt3 on mine and couldn't be happier with it.
I agree the batteries themselves are actually pretty nice, but after i bought a manual ego battery i found manual seems to work a bit better for me. Still use my 7's battery all the time though..
PICS!

View attachment 202915

EDIT: I haven't actually tried putting anything in the center female threaded section, so you could be right that it isn't 510 threads.. Next time i'm at my dealers, er.. vape suppliers store (lol.. a little home business here in town) i'll check it with something 510 threaded and see if it fits.

Hey Christopher! That was your review I linked to above :shock: lol... thanks for chiming in. It was the only mention of a possibility of 510/ego threading I could fine.

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hey guys. I was wrong about the RN4081 connector in the middle. Christopher has it right, the middle threads are indeed 510! So, I'm $2.50 out on the adapter. Oh well. On the plus side, my $3 Smoktech XXL dual-coil 510 cartos are working well, much better pull and flavor than the more expensive 7's cartos. Will post a picture soon, although it does look a bit silly right now without an eGo ring to cover the remaining threads.

Also, if anyone has need for an RN4081-510 adapter, I will gladly mail it to you for free. PM me your address if interested.

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Nevermind, I was wrong again! The middle connector is, in fact, NOT 510. One of my Smoktech 510 cartos did fit, but I think that's because it wasn't machined particularly well. The other three don't fit, the threads are just too narrow. The middle connector is also not RN4081, as that adapter is slightly too wide. Neither 510 or RN4081 threads fit into this connector properly, so I have no idea what that middle connector is. I can still vape from the non-fitting cartos I bought, but I need to have them pressed into the battery while I'm pulling. Not the end of the world, but it's frustrating.

So, either I find cheap cartos that will fit the eGo threads on the battery, or somehow adapt the eGo threads to an actual 510 connector. Or, I bite the bullet, buy a new battery, and retire the 7's battery as an ignorant mistake. Except... except... I also recommended the 7's battery to friends... even my dad bought one. I have damned them to being forced to buy mediocre cartos at $6.50 apiece. I am... a monster. *shudder*

So, I need to find a solution. Does anyone know of any cheap, decent cartos that use ONLY the eGo outer threads, like the Kanger MT3? Or, does anyone know of an eGo to 510 adapter? I haven't been able to find either anywhere.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nevermind, I was wrong again! The middle connector is, in fact, NOT 510. One of my Smoktech 510 cartos did fit, but I think that's because it wasn't machined particularly well. The other three don't fit, the threads are just too narrow. The middle connector is also not RN4081, as that adapter is slightly too wide. Neither 510 or RN4081 threads fit into this connector properly, so I have no idea what that middle connector is. I can still vape from the non-fitting cartos I bought, but I need to have them pressed into the battery while I'm pulling. Not the end of the world, but it's frustrating.

So, either I find cheap cartos that will fit the eGo threads on the battery, or somehow adapt the eGo threads to an actual 510 connector. Or, I bite the bullet, buy a new battery, and retire the 7's battery as an ignorant mistake. Except... except... I also recommended the 7's battery to friends... even my dad bought one. I have damned them to being forced to buy mediocre cartos at $6.50 apiece. I am... a monster. *shudder*

So, I need to find a solution. Does anyone know of any cheap, decent cartos that use ONLY the eGo outer threads, like the Kanger MT3? Or, does anyone know of an eGo to 510 adapter? I haven't been able to find either anywhere.

The Kanger T3's are pretty good and not that expensive. The tank part lasts quite a while and the coil replacement is under $3 most places - esp in 5 packs, using coupons, etc.

There are eGo to 510 adapters but it's the center posts that have to connect so there's always 510 threading on those.

I'd contact the vendor and ask them what their threading actually is. And ask if they know of any adapters to 510 or eGo's. They might not say, but it's worth an email anyway... or find other people on this forum or others to see what they've come up with. Proprietary sucks but 'odd proprietary' is the worst. :facepalm:

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Only other info I could find - guy says a 301 thread... : (no reviews on google other than the companies own - not good, imo... but who knows)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/376201-brand-compatibility-thread-sizes.html

I completely overlooked this as I had become convinced that it was an RN4081 thread in the middle. I might try a 301-510 adapter, although I am having some difficulty finding one from a US supplier. However, it seems like the MT3 might just be a better option for me. I don't know how the performance compares to cartos, but a lot of people seem to swear by these clearos, so I'd be more than willing to give it a try. I'll probably put an order in soon.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I completely overlooked this as I had become convinced that it was an RN4081 thread in the middle. I might try a 301-510 adapter, although I am having some difficulty finding one from a US supplier. However, it seems like the MT3 might just be a better option for me. I don't know how the performance compares to cartos, but a lot of people seem to swear by these clearos, so I'd be more than willing to give it a try. I'll probably put an order in soon.

I've been through a lot of them and the Kanger T3 (same as the MT3 but without the metal skin) is a near perfect vape. It it fits and works - you don't even need the adapter :) Some have gone to the EVod - which is similar but smaller but I have 'gurgling problems' with the Evod where I don't with the T3. T3 is also known as the Tabac BCC and vendors that sell under that name usually have the 1.8ohm coil - which fits most of my flavors well. Vendors that sell them as the Kanger T3 - send it with the 2.6ohm coil which is really light - too light for even my lightest flavors. And the MT3 again is only a heavy metal skin - some might think it looks better - but there's a T3 underneath, so I stick with the T3/tabac bcc - bottom coil means good flavor and vapor, no dry hits and some will say a 'cooler vape' than the top coil T2, but I'm guessing they got the 2.6ohm coil :laugh: The 1.8 ohm coils gives a warmer vaper....

I would just get a couple kanger t3's or mt3's like i have.. they fit, they work well, they're cheap to buy and maintain.. you can even rebuild the coils if you are so inclined.. the 1.8ohm coil work really well with the 7's battery too. you'll get WAY more vapor and flavor, but not any more harshness..
If you've got a local vape store you can probably get them from there since they are so popular. Maybe even try one out first..

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Right, this is what I think I'll do. I'll get a t3 or mt3 for the 7's battery. Eventually, I think I will purchase a more powerful eGo battery to work with all of those neato 510 accessories out there.

You may be right about the improved vapor and flavor of the t3 compared to cartos, but one thing I do like about the cartos is the absolute and complete absence of leaks. That is absolutely crucial for vaping on the go, keeping my PV in my pocket for use while driving, in between classes, etc. Even if the clearos are fairly leak-proof, the possibility of something going wrong and ending up with a big, vanilla-scented puddle in my pocket is enough to make me wary of it. The cartos may not produce the best quality vape, but they absolutely do not leak.

So here's what I'll probably end up with:
Home rig: My7s battery with Kanger T3/mt3
Portable rig: eGo-style 1100mah battery with smoktech 1.5ohm dual-coil cartos

This will also ensure that, even if I forget to charge the 7's, I can always have a fully topped-up battery ready to go for on-the-go vaping. I think this setup will finally get me taken care of.

Thanks for all of your help and advice so far, guys. Definitely a great community here at ECF.

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Unbelievable. Contacted my7s' customer service and asked what the threading is on their center connector... they wouldn't tell me. They said, and I quote, "We're not allowed to give out that information." Are you sh**ting me? These are standardized connectors, I just need to know which standard you've used on the battery that I've already bloody purchased! I tried speaking to another representative, same story. How incredibly frustrating.

Anyhow, I might try this 301/601-510 adapter out, but after that, I'll probably give up on this one and recommend that people steer clear of anything 7's.

Thread Adaptors

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Unbelievable. Contacted my7s' customer service and asked what the threading is on their center connector... they wouldn't tell me. They said, and I quote, "We're not allowed to give out that information." Are you sh**ting me? These are standardized connectors, I just need to know which standard you've used on the battery that I've already bloody purchased! I tried speaking to another representative, same story. How incredibly frustrating.

Anyhow, I might try this 301/601-510 adapter out, but after that, I'll probably give up on this one and recommend that people steer clear of anything 7's.

Thread Adaptors

Amazing.... :facepalm: total proprietary doesn't get it anymore. When googling the 7's one only gets their own sites - not good. :laugh: No one else is using it!..... and now we know why. :thumb: What gets me is that for the most part the total proprietary ecigs are usually way higher in price than any eGo or knockoff - same for the cig style size... KR8 started that way and grew a following but with the advent of eGo size and standard - adapters are needed for almost any popular clearo or tank/carto now :facepalm: and the proprietary promotional stuff is how SO much better they are.... sigh...

Superhands

Apr 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
A review from that 301/601-510 adapter:

"Living in California I've been using a device called the omicron. It is a hash oil vaporizer designed around an electronic cigarette mod. In order to keep people dependent on them they use a special thread the 601. My 510 carts would fit but very loosely just threaded in, and any over tightening would strip the 510 cart and it would lose contact. Now with this adapter I use 510 carts on my omicron and it works perfect!:

Sounds exactly like my situation. The 510 carts threaded in very loosely a few times, then stripped a bit and wouldn't thread in again. So it seems like I may have the same threading as his Omicron, a 601, so I'll definitely give this adapter a try.

Of course, it's out of stock at litecigusa. :facepalm: Would be nice to get it from a distributor in the US that isn't overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread