eGo CE4 cartomizer burns up, some tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
I bought an eGo CE4 kit that had two manual batteries and two cartomizers/clearomizers (star dust). So i thought that i'm good for at least a couple of months. got my kit, started vaping .. just 10 days later, cartomizer burnt out .. i was like ...! so searched and found some info on how to disassemble the cartomizer .. took it all apart but was so annoyed to see that the coil was soldered with the central tubes. so there is no way i could take out the wick, clean the coil and stick another wick into it .. but i got to know a couple of things, i wish to share them with you all.

first of all, DO NOT wait for the wick to burn out. follow these steps to prolong the life of your cartomizer, these tips have worked for me, hopefully they'll work for you too.

1. try not to let ur cartomizer run dry. i'd say, fill it up if it goes below half.
2. before beginning to vape, make sure wiggle/shake the cartomizer a bit before using so that the eliquid spreads on the wick properly.
3. whether or not u smell anything burnt, clean ur cartomizer after 7 days. just find a guide how to pull the central parts out and put the internal parts under the tap. if there is any deposition of liquid on the coil, it should be cleaned properly.
4. make sure to allow some time so that the wick is completely soaked with eliquid when u put the eliquid back in the cartomizer.
5. if u smell anything burnt, there's a trick that may work for you. take out the internal parts. you will see the wick hanging on both sides of the internal part. just fold the wick from one side and put it on top of the coil. so its like double wick around the coil. this will ensure that there is enough amount of eliquid going around the coil.

please pardon my english, not my first language. i've tried my best to explain what can help with eGo CE4 cartomizers/clearomizers.

But i'm really not that happy with these cartomizer tanks .. 10 days and the cartomizer burns out .. ...! can anyone give me some tips that you developed after using these cartomizers?

all i want is something solid that will not burn out so soon. can you recommend anything that wont burn out so quickly? this is sheer wastage of money if you ask me .. these cartomizers cost anywhere from $2 to $6 ... i don't know why the cost vary so much. may be it is the quality. can anyone point me to a seller that sells super high quality cartomizers that will not burn out so quickly? would appreciate your help. and hope the tips i have written above will help someone out there.

thanks for reading guys.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
can anyone give me some tips please? i really need your help because i don't wish to waste my money on these cartomizers because they just wont live more than 3 weeks. you really have to take care of them because once the wick burns (even a little), it just wont stop giving that ugly burnt taste, no matter what you do.

could anyone tell me which other cartomizers will fit on Mega eGo CE4 battery? here are the battery stats:

battery 1100 mAh
Diameter 14mm
Length 152mm (w/ tip)
Normal Voltage 3.6v-4.2v

so which other cartomizers (good quality) will fit with this type of battery? really really really appreciate your help because i have to order soon, can't live on the only cartomizer i'm left with because it is already giving the burnt smell even after taking so much care of it...

thanks and appreciate your help!

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Can anyone tell me if the Kanger T3 Bottom Coil Cartomizer will work fine with Mega eGo CE4 battery?

the one i'm looking at has these specifications:

Product Description
Model: KangerT3
Unique: Bottom coil
Capacity: 3.0ml liquid
Resistance: 2.4ohm
Color: Clear

the battery is 3.6 volts so as per the chart out there, 2.4 ohm seem to be perfect! but will the kangerT3 fit on eGo CE4 battery? that's my main question and if someone can help me, i can place my order really quick. please answer only if you are sure. Thank you!

Last edited:

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
hey thank you for liking my post .. thought i was just talking to myself lol (well i like talking to myself at times). there's something else i'm going to try soon, not sure if that will work. the way these cartomizers are designed, the purpose of the wick is to carry eliquid to the coil. now two things.

#1 - I don't have a wick and not sure where i can but it.
#2 - Even if I did have a wick, its nearly impossible to pull out the old one and insert a new one "without breaking the coil".

What I'm thinking of trying, I will pull out the burnt wick using a surgical blade (need something sharp like that so that i don't pop the coil lol) and then use cotton. I mean, just roll it to make it look like a thread and try to pass it through the coil. or may be just put it on top of the coil.

Oh well, someone may say "just throw that cartomizer away and get a new one, it costs only a few bucks". Definitely a good solution but what if you don't have another cartomizer available and ur shipment takes another couple of days? Gotta have another plan ready lol

I'll try using the cotton and see how that goes. Will keep this thread updated with my little quest to mess with the only cartomizer I'm left with haha. Have ordered about 5 Kanger T3 cartomizer and about 10 replacement coils but DHL will deliver it here in another 3 or 4 days .. eeeek hate the shipping times.

Sorry didn't mean to bore ya but what stick are you using Rin13? You are a veteran here on the forums. Any suggestions on good eLiquids? From "good" I mean, more natural/organic and lesser chemicals. By the way I'm on mostly VG .. good vapes and no heavy on chest. PG doesn't go nice nice on me .. gives me breathing problems .. I'm interested in knowing what has worked for you? Would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks and cheers! Happy yappy vaping :)

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
No problem. Sometimes it's best to talk to yourself because at least you know someone is listening. lol.
I'm not sure what you can use in place of the wick either. I heard somewhere someone used cotton thread but I'm not sure if you should. The wick looks almost polyester in composition. My fear is that the cotton would burn easily. As far as the coil goes, if you have the same design that I do, the coil is spiraled. No? If it's spiraled, you can use a collaspable needle to rethread it. Just thread the needle and poke it through the tube that the spiral/coil makes. Be gentle... and you shouldn't have an issue. I didn't anyway.
I have seen where you can buy the wicking material itself, which I plan to buy eventually. Also, if you get the CE5, you can buy the atomizer head separately and replace it, opposed to replacing the whole unit. (it's cheaper and less wasteful)
As for what I use, it appears I use the same device as you do. It's an 1100 mah EGO. I'm using CE5 clearomizers, 2.0ohm BOGE cartomizers and I have a couple CISCO atty's to drip on.
For juices, I don't vape any pure VG liquids because I like the PG. It enhances the flavor immensely for me. And if you are using clearomizers to vape w/ pure VG, you probably want to dilute it with something since you aren't using the PG. The PG makes the liquid a bit thinner and easier to wick w/ the clearomizer. That could be the reason you are having them burn.
Alien Visions E-Juice is a place that specializes in VG only and the couple I tried were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread