Anyone tried the No Wick CE4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
Im using a clone of one its called the (invisible wick) by White Rhino and then I still got my Kanger T4s and G5s coming that are 1.8ohm. I still like the small tanks but I am really liking the no wick compared to the top coils. The 1.6ml is perfect for me would only use on my ADV and use the other clearos for different flavors but i wonder if u can dry burn a No Wick? i would think u could clean the same? I might get a couple of the real CE4 No Wicks CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 : but was looking the the EVOD too...lots to play with now with a Ego Battery :2cool:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The wick is inside the center tube.

Manufacturer's description:

ego tech e cigarette ego-t ce4
1.Improved base on CE4
2.hidden wick,no need shake
3.no burned taste
4.easy to refill

There are also CE5 "No wick" where you can replace the coil. Also CE6 and 8 wickless... Some are reported to have metal mesh wicks inside instead of silica rope.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I wonder how metal mesh wicks affect taste.

To the OP...eGo battery has a diverse set of accessories

All attys before clearos and cartos had metal mesh around the bridge and sometimes at the base to hold eliquid. Sometimes the primer used in factories (usually just PG) to keep the coil wet/primed had a bad taste, so one usually had to either soak it or just puff it out without inhaling. After that all was fine. With rewicking people are using all sorts of material - ceramic, stainless steel mesh, different types of silica, cotton, etc. And for those obsessed with safety (some after 2 pack a day habits for over 20-30 years) now any substance used has some negative attached. Some think that's a good thing. It's still your responsibility and your choice.... thank goodness. :) Although it may not be for long....

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I wonder how metal mesh wicks affect taste.

To the OP...eGo battery has a diverse set of accessories

Im using a White Rhino Invisible wick but it looks like an exact clone to the No Wick CE4, and no burnt taste, very smooth, no dry hits like I would sometimes have on the T4s I used with my 510 battery's, which I love with the Ego that i can still use them. So many accessories to be used with Ego ! not sure if want to order some CE4s or check out a EVOD....hmm probably both

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
The wick is inside the center tube.

Manufacturer's description:

ego tech e cigarette ego-t ce4
1.Improved base on CE4
2.hidden wick,no need shake
3.no burned taste
4.easy to refill

There are also CE5 "No wick" where you can replace the coil. Also CE6 and 8 wickless... Some are reported to have metal mesh wicks inside instead of silica rope.

So can u still dry burn these? with my T4s I always rinsed and dry burnt then refilled and used again. If not I might just get into the EVOD that has Changeable Coils

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So can u still dry burn these? with my T4s I always rinsed and dry burnt then refilled and used again. If not I might just get into the EVOD that has Changeable Coils

Not certain. I don't have one.. there were earlier threads on the wickless mainly the CE5 hitting the UK first around January 2013. Not everyone was impressed, but that happens with almost any model. If it works for you that's all that matters :)

I saw some comments where the wick was 'floating' (not sure how that works) but if that's the case, dry burning might not work. You could try it and see, I guess. I no longer dry burn, but it's a personal choice - lost a few batteries that way but others do it regularly.

Many have had good luck with eVods. I've had better luck with the Tabac BCC's from heaven gifts and good prophets that fit them with the 1.8ohm coils which works better for my flavors. Other vendors use the higher ohm coils as 'oem' and for me they're useless, so I'd have to replace those immediately. I'd rather get the 'free coil' in the clearo to start. lol.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Also anyone ever use the drip tip adapter on a CE4? If so how does it work? was wondering if could use it for tasting other flavors, without emptying the CE4 tank? CE4 Drip Tip Adapter [CE4DRTPADPTR] - $1.99 :

Not all 'drip tips' can be used for dripping/sampling. This adapter allows people to use the 3rd party 'drip tip/mouthpieces' in place of the CE mouthpiece. But with most clearos, the 'center tube' is an air channel, not a filling point. So dripping in the center tube should be avoided.

So the drip tip adapter is only for using other 3rd party cosmetic drip tips.

Best bet on actual 'dripping' (ie sampling eliquids) is using a 510 or 306 atty with a regular drip tip where you can drip directly onto the atomizer coil/bridge... highly recommend joye attys or other atomizers that have a lot of metal mesh on the bridge AND around the base near the coil to hold eliquid for dripping. Some atomizers have what looks like a washer at the base of the bridge and that can cause really bad dry hits that will take your breath away. lol.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I've dry-burned several of my wickless C4s and they work fine afterward. They are, IMO, better than a Vivi Nova for easy-fill, no hassle ego tanks. I have not compared any of them to an EVOD but I still use one of the wickless C4s on my Vamo with my sorta-co-ADV I suppose you could say. They are great, and a huge improvement over the top-wick style I used to use.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread